8.01 & 8.02: New Order (Parts I & II)

Arc_Angel

Mr. Flibble is very cross
8:01. New Order

BEWARE BIG SPOILERS

From Gateworld

"Baal has stepped into Anubis' power vacuum, taking over his powerbase of super-soldiers," co-executive producer Joseph Mallozzi told GateWorld. "He's kicking butt, and the System Lords are reeling and they go to us for help, because we have a common enemy. We'll see Yu and we'll see a couple of new System Lords: Camulus and Amaterasu. Yu has fallen on hard times, and his First Prime does a lot of the speaking for him.

"So these three representatives come to convince us to help them take down Baal. But, of course, we have problems of our own -- the biggest being that we can't use the weapon. We've used up all the energy (or most of it), and O'Neill is the only one who can use it."

"The System Lords noticed that we wiped out Anubis' fleet in five minutes or less," co-executive producer Paul Mullie said, "and the other System Lords are interested in how we managed to do that. That's one issue that has to be dealt with." But the arrival of the System Lords and the threat of Baal is just one side of the story.

SG-1 goes in search of their long-absent allies, the Asgard, in the hope that they can save Colonel O'Neill's life from the knowledge of the Ancients that has taken over his mind ("Lost City"). What they discover is that the highly-evolved Replicators -- left in a time-dilation prison in Season Six's "Unnatural Selection" -- have escaped. And the Asgard are about to launch yet another plan to try and stop them.

Fifth (Patrick Currie) discovers that he has been betrayed, in Season Six's "Unnatural Selection."
Patrick Currie guest stars in the episode as the Replicator "Fifth," who took a liking to Major Carter in "Unnatural Selection," only to be betrayed by her. Actress Amanda Tapping ("Samantha Carter") endured gruelling torture scenes for this episode.

"Fifth realized we had betrayed him, and he was literally reaching for that device when they got 'frozen' -- or just really slowed down -- in time," Mullie said. "And the Asgard figured out that it was only going to take them, in real time, a couple of years to reach that device and turn it off. For O'Neill's sake we go seek out the Asgard, and we happen along just when their new plan for dealing with the Replicators is about to fail miserably."

The premiere will also see Jack O'Neill replace Dr. Elizabeth Weir as commander of the S.G.C. O'Neill will be promoted to the rank of brigadier general, leaving Carter in command of the SG-1 field unit.

"New Order" airs July 9 on The SCI FI Channel in the U.S., and also sets the stage for the July 16 world premiere of Stargate Atlantis.

Thanx to Gateworld for all their fantastic info :D
For more info, look to www.gateworld.net

And may I say :eek:

Sounds awesome.

I like how they are bringing back the Replicators and Fifth. I also hope Thor will be in the episode a lot, I like that guy. I still think Anubis is still alive and he should be in Season 8, and be killed off in a more long, cinematic scene than he was though.

oooh sounds cool! can't wait for S8. Do you think they'll ever find the Tollan or is that wishful thinking?

MORE SPOILERS
From Gateworld
In "New Order," Major Carter is captured by the humanoid Replicators, which have escaped from their Asgard time dilation prison (Season Six's "Unnatural Selection"). Fifth (Patrick Currie) tortures her, though he still claims to have feelings for her despite her previous betrayal. He uses his abilities to interface with her mind and impersonate Pete, trying to convince Sam that she is living on a farm in Montana with him after having resigned from the S.G.C.

Thanx to Gateworld for the info for more info look to www.gateworld.net

:D

When will 8.01 air

I am new to the SG1 craze since i just got cable 2 months ago but i am going to be purchasing Seasons 1-6 so I can catch up with a few weekend SG1 marathons.

What I wanna know is when Season 8 will start airing and if anyone knows if you can get Season7 on DVD yet.

Dirsregard the When will it air question apparently i have selctive sight today.

Re: When will 8.01 air

Originally posted by dwiebe18 if anyone knows if you can get Season7 on DVD yet. [/B]
Depends on where you are - in the UK they have started the separate volumes - in the US it appears to be "not yet".

Originally posted by dwiebe18
Dirsregard the When will it air question apparently i have selctive sight today.

Ooooh look, another Canadian!!! I looked at your profile! Doesn't seem to be much of us around. Who knows about S8, whens S7 going to air in Canada;)

Re: When will 8.01 air

Originally posted by dwiebe18
I am new to the SG1 craze since i just got cable 2 months ago but i am going to be purchasing Seasons 1-6 so I can catch up with a few weekend SG1 marathons.

What I wanna know is when Season 8 will start airing and if anyone knows if you can get Season7 on DVD yet.

Season 7 DVD is slated for an October release

Thoughts on the opener?? I loved Jack screaming "who's your daddy" as he blasted away at the replicators! Priceless :D

Where, where, WHERE can I download it? I won't see it in Australia until 2007! :mad:

Time device?

Dont you all think its wierd that the replacators didnt master time with it? If you ask me they got really lucky they didnt.

Plus why didnt thor make more of the weapons for Jackson and Telc(SP?)? If he was able to make one you would think he would be able to make two more for them to go on the planet with.

But im glad I didnt have to wait two weeks for the second half of it. I really liked this one.:) I will always love the funnyness of Jack and miss it in this season with him not being on that much.:( At least they wont have to beg to do missions now because Jack will be more willing to let them do what they want.:)

I really enjoyed this ep, although on reflection I think the writers have given far too much power to the Replicators. Asgard weapons are of no use and Asgard shields can't keep Replicators out.

The latter is the most troubling. I could understand a shield that has a fault with an energy weapon, but at rock bottom it should keep out space debris, asteroids, etc. Replicators are solid matter. Why would the shields treat Replicators differently than any other matter endangering the ship's hull?

I agree that Replicators that have been presented as oh so dangerous and clever would have found a way to use the time device to their advantage, but the writers had to give SG1 a break somewhere.

Well the replacators have had time to know how to get through asgards shields. But the time device is whats puzzling me. They uses it in the back hole to speed up time to get out. So then they should have been able to use it to speed up time when attacking anyone and one second you see them coming and then you dead. You wouldnt know what hit you.

Man who moved my posts in here? This place sees little traffic and you want to run off someone that wants to talk abou it?

I did.

I'm not 'running you off', you are discussing this episode and there is already a thread for it. More people will get email notifications from this thread than the other.

Also, your title was a spoiler for an episode that some of us won't get to see for a few months yet.

The reason it's so quiet is that many who have seen this episode are off to Gatecon.

Well with it being the last one it wont be my favorite.:( This is my best show and its the only one that I bought on DVD and now its all over after this season.:(

I'm back, baby. New episodes, more forum traffic so I return.

Not the best season premiere. I was sort of dissapointed. O'Neill of course didn't get enough screen time, Teal'c doesn't look right with the hair and some of the FX didn't look all too good. Of course, the new Weir isn't as bad as I was expecting. The episode just didn't seem to have enough of a Stargate feel, I think. Not bad, though. Just not as good as other premieres like COTG and Redemption. Lockdown looks promising, though. As does Atlantis: Rising.