What's going on with the episode order this season?

Tabitha

Save Angel!
Am I seeing everything out of order here in the uk?

Heroes part 1 (7.05) just aired last night on Sky One, and yet last week we had Death Knell (7.17) and the week before Chimera (7.19). So, er... what's up?

Plus - bad bad form on the spoilers in the Heroes part 1 thread guys.

:(

ep order

SciFi changed the viewing order about half way through the season from what they had originally announced.

Rowan

But the order that Sky One are showing them doesn't seem to be right either. The order we have them in here makes more sense. Someone already made a comment about everything that was meant to happen to Sam in the space of a few weeks.

The Heroes part one spoilers are a result of merging several threads, I think. I'm not sure if it can be sorted out easily, so I just put a new warning at the top of the thread.

But surely Heroes is very very wrong at 7.05 when the season is obviously building up for the finale?

I have been totally spoiler free for everything this season until I happened upon some speculation whilst scanning down the thread. Not amused! But these things happen I suppose.

Re: ep order

Originally posted by Rowan
SciFi changed the viewing order about half way through the season from what they had originally announced.
So which is the "official" order?

Originally posted by Tabitha
But surely Heroes is very very wrong at 7.05 when the season is obviously building up for the finale?

It's hard to answer that without spoiling in this thread, but I think 7.05 is just right for Heroes. (It could go anywhere though.)

Death Knell ought to be seen before Chimera and should be about 4 weeks after Evolution. Everything then makes more sense.

Changing titles...

Okay folks, when I've got a moment free out of real life, I'll go in anc change the thread titles. I planned on it last night, but just haven't gotten there yet. ;)

Rowan

LOL!

I know. :D Life is just a bit chaotic righ now.

Row

Originally posted by Dave
Death Knell ought to be seen before Chimera and should be about 4 weeks after Evolution. Everything then makes more sense.
Have seen all the above, and agree about the position of Evolution, but not necessarily the timing: the gaps between episodes are often slightly flexible or imprecise, so it COULD be immediately before. As for Death Knell and Chimera, I didn't notice anything specifically which would require ordering either way round...

Spoilers for those episodes follow:
I just find it hard to believe that within the space of a single month Sam could work off-world developing the new weapon, whilst simultaneously recovering from serious injuries, AND start a serious relationship with a new boyfriend. Unless she's been cloned herself.... now there is a thought.

Originally posted by Dave
Spoilers for those episodes follow:
As said above, I think the gaps between episodes are highly irregular... some seem to be weeks, others clearly very close together (i.e. consecutive). In essence, I think we can assume that 22 episodes = 12 months (e.g. season 1/2 gap is consecutive, season 3 end is only a fortnight or so before season 4 start etc.)... which inevitably puts in some gaps. (Heck, we've had "100 days" before now...)

So far, Sky is showing the episodes in the same order that Scifi is, which is the OFFICIAL order:

Evolution 2
Grace
Fallout
Chimara
Death Knell

Gateworld has the episode order for the rest of the season as Scifi will air it.

to the best of my knowledge, gateworld based thier order on production order...however that's been really squirly this year, not only because of rda's lessened presence but also because of the limited availability of other actors.

for example, one reason there's been s distince lack of janet this year is because, due to the late renewal of s7, she'd already lined up another job. so to accomodate her, heroes 1, at least her parts, was filmed really early in the year, then they went back and filled in the gaps.

folks from the show have said that's it's not uncommon to be taping 2-3 episodes at once as opposed to the one at a time when they used to do it

one thing that doesn't make sense in in death knell when sam says that it'd been a month since evolution 2....now that means that grace, fallout, chimera all had to happen in 30 days. given the various boo-boo's folks have suffered, that just doesn't seem to be enough time

Originally posted by skydiver
to the best of my knowledge, gateworld based thier order on production order...however that's been really squirly this year, not only because of rda's lessened presence but also because of the limited availability of other actors.
. . .
one thing that doesn't make sense in in death knell when sam says that it'd been a month since evolution 2....now that means that grace, fallout, chimera all had to happen in 30 days. given the various boo-boo's folks have suffered, that just doesn't seem to be enough time
In the director's commentary on "Fragile Balance" (region 2, just out), PDL said that although shown and appearing third in the season, it was filmed first...

As for the "month", Grace is quoted as taking 4-5 days during the show, plus an implicit couple of days previously, say a week; fallout could all be in a week, as could chimera (need to re-count the "dreams"). It would certainly be tight, especially for the most notable boo-boo's suffered, but I reckon could be done. Or it's another muck-up by those nice continuity people...

Order

Everyone pretty much based their listings on production/shooting order. It wasn't untill the tail end of shooting and/or after production that Sci-Fi changed the viewing order.

Perhaps to move 'Heros' further back in the line-up? Moe the Carter heavy episodes more to the fore of the 2nd half of the season? All sorts of possibilities...

Rowan

I've renumbered all the episodes according to what I could find as the 'airing' order --

if anything's wrong - jump in and fix - or yell and I'll fix ---

but when I passed through - we had like 2 eps listed as 7.0? (don't remember what - might have been 5) -- so, I changed 'em -

I think they're right now...