Best Steven Spielberg Film Ever?

Superman_16

HI every1!

Newbie herre:D Heres one for you...what is Steven Spielberg's best film ever???
This is the ULTIMATE question and a *must* when it comes 2 steven spielberg forums (i still cant believe there hasnt been a thread on it)...perhaps it is an overused question but i think there are some interesting answers;)
So is it gonna be jaws , ET, AI, jurassic park, indiana jones, close encounters etc etc etc
BTW one of mine has 2 be jaws but there are so many!
So make ure mind up somehow and post bak soon:D

Old thread, but a good one I guess.

Heart of hearts would say "Schindler's List", but for sheer entertainment value I would go with "Jaws".

Jurassic World, as it managed to be more epic than Jurassic Park. Even without the nostalgia aspect I thought it was great. I did see it on Europe's largest cinema screen (London BFI) which may have helped.

I haven't seen Empire of the Sun, Schindler's List or Saving Private Ryan.

Old thread, but a good one I guess.

Heart of hearts would say "Schindler's List", but for sheer entertainment value I would go with "Jaws".
Since it had zero replies fifteen years ago, I don't think anyone will think "oh no, not that old thing again" - it seems to be a question nobody has otherwise asked or answered.

There are so many iconic movies to choose from it is almost impossible to name just one. I am going to go with a Top 5 with all of them on an equal footing in my opinion.

1. Saving Private Ryan
2. Jaws
3. Schindler's List
4. Jaws
5. Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Has to be a list just can't pick one. In no particular order, Close Encounters, Jurassic Park, Indiana Jones, Minority Report, Jaws, Super 8.

As much of a classic as Raiders of the Lost Ark is, if I was picking an Indy film I would go with Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. I think Schindler’s List and Saving Private Ryan are examples of a filmmaker at his peak, and both are just exceptional, but very different, historical epics. Catch Me If You Can was probably the last great movie that he made, in my opinion, a fun romp hiding surprising depth, with great pacing and performances.

But Jurassic Park is close to my favourite film of all time, so that’s an easy pick for me.

I'm not qualified to give an opinion on the best... but my favorites are Raiders, Jaws, and the Last Crusade.

IMHO:

Best: Schindler's List

Favorite: Raiders of the Lost Ark

Special Mention: Lincoln

Also can I be annoying and point out Super 8 was directed by JJ Abrams, and Jurassic World was directed by Colin Trevorrow (based on Jurassic Park though)

Duel - First film that I watch I know that he directed. A lot of tension for not much budget.
I also have a soft spot for 1941. I think is just about the only time he really lets go in comedy.
I did like Ready Player One.

I do recall watching the TV movie, Duel in the early 70s when I was in my very early teens.

It was on ITV - I know that because of the irritating ads every 20 minutes ruining the mood and pace of the film. But being so young I wasn't all that bothered about the technical merits of the film, but more keen to know who would be killed by the merciless Trucker With No Name!

You could already see parallels between that film and Jaws of 4 years later. And despite being a TV movie the film still packed a solid punch that still lingers to this day, especially when I used to travel up and down the M5/6 on my motorbike and had a huge truck (usually Eddie Stobart) in my wing mirrors!

I've not yet see Schindlers List (I think I'd struggle with the subject matter).

My favourites are Jaws and Close Encounters of the Third Kind. 1941 is hilarious. Saving Private Ryan probably comes a close third.