3.13: Proving Ground

Dave

Non Bio
Staff member
Shran and the Andorians have followed Enterprise into the Delphic Expanse to help them home in on the Xindii weapon being built to destroy Earth.

Shran's alluring female tactical officer, Lieutenant Talas (Molly Brink) works with Malcolm Reed in the Armory to ready the NX-01's weapons for the attack. Is she all she seems?

Have the Andorians really come to the aid of the Humans, or do they want to capture the Xindii superweapon to use in their own ongoing conflict with the Vulcans?

Don't look now but this actually had something to do with the on going plot!

Hooray!

Just to prove the point, there were flash back and flash forward scenes at the beginning, just to remind us there was a point to all this.

Usual glitches- Humans are highly gulible, the Andorrans highly duplicitous and considering the Enterprise managed to take out two of the Xindi ships so easily (again), it seems a little odd they were so worried about them. Comes to that, a weapon that can rip a moon in two does not seem to be such a failure as portrayed, it would certainly be enough to make the Earth almost totally uninhabitable. So what do the Xindi really want, bells AND cherries?

But considering the generally naff state of most of the series, this managed to be quite good.

I agree!

This episode managed to redeem 'Enterprise' after the last few. You are right about some of the plot holes, but it featured the Andorians and I've liked every episode they have been in.

I really like the way they have been developed on 'Enterprise' and how they have become the 'Enterprise alien'. I could quite happily watch Jeffrey Combs every week, but I would fear the overuse would lead to a 'Voyager-Borg' syndrome.

Great interaction between Reed and Talas too!