7.22: The Lost City (Part 2)

Originally posted by PTeppic
Remember they can only keep it going for 38 minutes - you don't want to have it "give out" at that crucial moment just when you need it... and the power requirements for dialling out and keeping it must be huge. But, as you say, most Goa'uld we've encountered have used an incoming wormhole as a "weapon" to block escapes...

but the 38 minute rule can be broken if something is going through the gate, like a radio signal.

apparently, according to someone i know, Daniel mistranslated at the end of the ep. Jack didn't say 'Goodbye', he looked at Sam and said 'I love you'.

And u say there was no shippiness! :eek:

Originally posted by skydiver
but the 38 minute rule can be broken if something is going through the gate, like a radio signal.
I don't believe that's ever been shown, canon.

The gate needs something, e.g. a radio signal, to keep it open otherwise it shuts down. But, to keep the gate open beyond 38 minutes requires very unusual external conditions. It's only been seen three times: time dilation, an Ancient's anti-Stargate weapon and when the source gate was submerged in energy-giving water. [Maybe continue this "Technical"...]

SPOILERS
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Great episode. One of the season's best, that's for sure. Might be THE best of this season, but at the very least it's in the top 6. Still, I can't help feeling that if this two-part episode was a feature-length movie it would have been so great. The entire plot and everything screams Summer Blockbuster. I'd love to see the power girds and carrier fleets getting destroyed, and way more detailed and FX-laden battles that only a film budget could do, and seeing SG-1 and all these FX on a 40-foot 2.35:1 screen would rule. Pity they didn't use this and make a feature film out of it. Can't wait for next season and Atlantis though.

fanastic episode

SPOILERS
Fantastic episode, one of the best.

Wish the ending aerial combat would have been a bit longer.

Earlier in the season the Asgard gave the Prometheus an upgrade. Shields a lot stronger. Did not notice any Asgard offensive weapons. I thought that Thor said the Prometheus was getting shields and weapons.

I was delighted to see Kinsey's personal choice to run the SGC turn out to be far smarter than he thought -- and the President happily terminating Kinsey's position as VP. All Kinsey's true colours shown at last, but I won't be satisfied until Thor takes Jack up on his suggestion to transport Kinsey to a dark distant world. :evil:

For a two part TV movie I think the writers did an excellent job of getting in a lot of action on a budget. I was relieved at the absence of shippiness--after all Sam has a boyfriend now (full employment for the Deluise family).

Nice launch of elements for the coming "Atlantis" series and a cliffhanger that doesn't leave me overly anxious for the coming months.

Now if I can just figure out how a mighty school of flying golden jellyfish came to be the Ancients' ultimate weapon, I'll be happy. :D

Live to be millions of years old and im sure you can come up with somehting that is as cool.:)

Great one again! I really liked it. Jack being stuck there sucked but I thought maybe that he is there to be used again if needed. Im not sure but the 8th season is gonna be diffrent because Anubis killed the Gao'uld and we killed him. Im wondering what season 8 could be about.

Cant wait!:):)

Originally posted by webmouse
Now if I can just figure out how a mighty school of flying golden jellyfish came to be the Ancients' ultimate weapon, I'll be happy. :D

Actually, we thought it was yet another 'homage', this time to Pac-Man..........:flash:.........:flash:.........:flash:..........:eek:

Best wishes,
Hatshepsut :wave:
--

I am pretty sure Anubis is not dead. I mean, it's up to the writers, but he's pseudo-ascended so I am sure he's "floating around somewhere". It won't be hard to bring him back if TPBT want to go that route.

Or the new arch-nemesis will be a certain Atlantis baddy, but I am hoping they keep Anubis around and have the Atlantis baddies in a few eps, sort of like the secondary enemy that the replicators were.

Originally posted by xaviersxmen
Im not sure but the 8th season is gonna be diffrent because Anubis killed the Gao'uld and we killed him.
Although he was certainly attacking any who seemed to fight alone, its unlikely that Baal (and perhaps his closest senior allies) were ever killed - though undoubtedly seriously weakened.

He didn't kill them, he just thinned them out to the point where they couldn't challenge him. Now that he is gone, I am sure someone will absorb a lot of his forces and start to gain power again.

Of course, I don't think he's gone, but his power is probably VERY much so limited now. I imagine he's just like a ghost now...an Ascended being that cannot take physical form or in any way directly effect the physical realm. But he can manipulate people. Think Sauron from LOTR.

I remember a few weeks ago someone on the show, Brayteck(SP?) or Tocrah(SP?) said he was killing them ALL off. Not the ones that challange but them all.

That weapon was made by people that are more powerful then anubis and I really dont think he lived through that.

Mmmm. Interesting finale. I actually mustered up some tension at one point in there.

I enjoyed this episode - I watched it and part one back to back, and I have to say this was the best SG1 has been for a while. However, this didn't really feel like an introduction to Atlantis to me - how does Weir go from running the whole shebang to heading up a small team? That doesn't sound right unless they are planning to do a lost in space thing with the new group?

As much fun as the precursor to this episode was, I found the repetition of Jack's word mish-mashing to be boring, and convenient. D+.

And if Season 8 kicks in without large references to the public explanations (even with the power knocked - that wasnae no meteor shower) and clean up operations...

Originally posted by Tabitha
Mmmm. Interesting finale. I actually mustered up some tension at one point in there.

ROFL! :lol:

And if Season 8 kicks in without large references to the public explanations (even with the power knocked - that wasnae no meteor shower) and clean up operations...

Oh, I don't know. They were quite crafty in luring Anubis and his fleet down to Antarctica. Don't suppose the penguins were too bothered. :D

Best wishes,
Hatshepsut :wave:
--

Well they obviously didn't think anyone was going to miss the zoo in Colorado Springs... :eek: :D

Best wishes,
Hashepsut :wave:
--

Just realised, for anyone in the UK - the heroes of below Antarctica: they're the BBCi revision fish from the advert!!:rolleyes:

[For non UKians, there is an education service TV ad which features a huge swarm of small orange fish which devour a giant ogre.... see what I mean!]

Language Problem?

Jack tells Daniel "You're the one person who can't do it?" (meaning accept the library of the Ancients)

Seems to me I recall Jack and T'ealc spending weeks in a loop where they learned Latin. I guess their language skills have really gone downhill in the meantime. :D