7.22: The Lost City (Part 2)

Arc_Angel

Mr. Flibble is very cross
The Lost City (Part 2)

Here is some info on the last ep of season 7

SPOILERS
From Gateworld
"A small group of Anubis' ships approach Earth to test our defenses -- to see if SG-1 has managed to procure the Ancient technology everyone is after. They haven't. But Hammond warns the President against sending out Prometheus and showing their hand (or lack thereof) just yet. Anubis begins his attack, systematically destroying Navy ships from space. It may be impossible to keep this from the general public any longer.
"With O'Neill gradually losing his mind to the Ancients' library, he shares personal, unspoken moments with his team members. They fear he may not survive. As Jack begins to be able to access the Ancients' knowledge in his head, SG-1, Bra'tac and Ronan take a ship to explore an inhospitable, volcanic world called Taonas, hoping it might be home (or once have been home) to the Lost City of the Ancients. What they discover on Taonas is not the Lost City -- but that the Lost City is on Earth!

"Meanwhile, Anubis appears in the Oval Office as a hologram, demanding that President Hayes surrenders the planet. 'Bow before your god,' he commands him.

"Jack discovers that his transformation is more than just the Ancients' library rewriting his brain's 'software.' He's even acquiring some of the Ancients' particular abilities, which we've seen previously demonstrated (see 'Frozen').

"When Anubis becomes confident that Earth does not possess the technology to stand against him, his massive fleet arrives -- including a huge new command ship. The President orders Prometheus to launch, with General Hammond in command! Major Davis is also on board. As the ship engages Anubis, SG-1 rushes back to Earth and toward Antarctica, where they believe the Lost City to be buried.

"Will SG-1 arrive in time? Is the Lost City truly on Earth, and can they find it? And if they do, will there even be anything there to stop Anubis' fleet from annihilating the planet? Without the Asgard, can Jack O'Neill be saved? A stunning, emotional cliff-hanger answers some, but not all, of these questions."

Thanx to Gateworld for the info and for more info look to www.gateworld.net

There are some photos up for this ep at http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s7/722.shtml

BEWARE OF SPOILERS......

you have been warned! :D

Oh dear!

Quite honestly, I can't think of anything else to say about this show now.

Can we go back to the first three seasons please? Pwettty please?

:evil: :rolleyes:

I think I've fixed all the episode numbers and stuck all the titles to the top of the section --

If anything isn't 'quite right' - just grab a mod or supermod or admin to fix it ---

Originally posted by Anni
Oh dear!

Quite honestly, I can't think of anything else to say about this show now.

Can we go back to the first three seasons please? Pwettty please?

:evil: :rolleyes:

I second that! I've just been told that:

Hammond and Major Davis are both going to be killed off on the Prometheus. Ye gods, there isn't going to be anyone left at this rate! Why not just nuke Cheyenne Mountain and have done!

By the way, Anni, you might like 'C is for...' in my Stargate Alphabet wallpapers. I was thinking of you as I did it. :)

Best wishes,
Hatshepsut :wave:
--

FANTASTIC!!

My only gripes (small ones)

1. It was a bit rushed

2. I would of loved an extended scene with the X302/Prometheus v deathglider/goaould mothership fight.

3. Its the last in the series Waaaaa

But otherwise great they kicked some ass.

Oh and loved the president speech.

Great just great.

Ranger

Oh my God!!!!!!!
I just finished watching and rewatching that ep!

SPOILERS
Everything happened soo fast!
I was expecting more shippiness, but i was dissapointed there.
The last scene was only loosely similar to the scene described in Gateworld.net . Otherwise I liked the ending, and how they defeated Anubis' army. It was really obvious about Ronan though, and I loved when Jack healed Bra'tac.
There was a really sweet scene with Jack and Teal'c, but only slight interraction between Jack and Daniel.
It was also really cool when Dr. Weir and the President ganged up on Kinsey!!!!! Hopefully he'll be out of the picture now!
All in all, the episode was good. I was on the edge of my seat for the whole ep!

It did seem a little rushed. It wasn't as good as I expected from all the build-up. It was good to see the end of Kinsey, but he has now served his purpose to the ongoing story and there is no need of him now. I expect that next season the reports of missing fleets of Navy vessels, air battles involving giant alien ships, and yellow fire stretching from the Antarctic into space will be difficult to cover up.

You do realise that Jack saved the Earth single handed! Though a few people helped save Jack. There was a lot of faith put into one man acting very strange.

I realise that they wanted a cliffhanger, but the end was too blurred. Jack is frozen in a sort of 'Han Solo' moment and Sam touches his image. (Lisasg1 -- And that wasn't "shippiness"?) Then Teal'c asks if this can really be the 'Lost City'. It's too small, more of an outpost really! So was this episode just a complete waste of time?

I'll have to stop reading your spoilers since Hammond and Davis seem to be in full health at the end. After Janet dying I was quite willing to believe that it was curtains for Bra'tac too, but no, everyone is healed miraculously.

Originally posted by Dave
I realise that they wanted a cliffhanger, but the end was too blurred. Jack is frozen in a sort of 'Han Solo' moment [ ... ]

I'll have to stop reading your spoilers since Hammond and Davis seem to be in full health at the end. After Janet dying I was quite willing to believe that it was curtains for Bra'tac too, but no, everyone is healed miraculously.

Yes, that was my thought. I'd believe anything of this present crew of 'writers'! Well, except that they can write anything except 'homages' :rolleyes: Ye gods, I read far better plots with better characterization in fan fic.

Glad to hear Hammond and Davis have survived - so far... But it seems like no one's safe in the Stargate universe any more. Well, except Sam, maybe.

Best wishes,
Hatshepsut :wave:
--

I'll post something a bit more in depth later on. I don't get to post a lot at the moment because of real life stuff going on. Thanks Hat for the alphabet wallpapers, you'll be pleased to hear that Cronus is, as always, my main man. Always will be I guess!

I agree that the ending of Lost City was a bit blurred and for a cliffhanger it was a bit weak. I can only suppose that the constant will we/won't we have another season is responsible. The writers probably don't know which way is up and this is the best they could come up with. Not that this is an excuse of course.

The action was good. It was good that RDA didn't have to do much except his usual method acting. A twist of the mouth here, a cock of his head there, the occasional unintellible moan. All of which he does sublimely. I thought that the ending paves the way for him more or less bowing out of the show in Season 8, but I could be wrong about that. I suspect a large part of season 78 will be devoted to getting him revived. Then he'll be promoted and possibly put in charge of the SGC, leading to Dr Weir being free to head up the Atlantis team. Seems pretty straightforward to me.

The death of the enemy was interesting. I imagine that it will fragment what's left of the Goa'uld, but in no way could it be described as the complete annihilation of ALL Goa'uld, because there is bound to be elements of the species who have survived. I suspect they'll still be hanging around in one form or another.

The little lights from Jack that killed the enemy. I got the feeling that the Ancients weapon being directly connected to his mind was whatever he felt it should be. Possibly if it was someone else connection, it might have been something different. However, little golden spirits was a little unexpected. Almost fairy like and frivolous. I think that Season 8 will now wrap the SG1 side of things up and it's well past high time for that to happen. I shall await the new series with interest. In any case, I imagine that the SG1 actors will be invited back to reprise their roles from time to time.

Cool that Bra'tac didn't die, next to Cronus he's my other favourite character!

Ooh that wasn't so short was it? Anyway off to shower. Working on my birthday is not my idea of a fun day!

:rolleyes:

It was a bit rushed really but WOW, I loved it the action was awesome, but I wanted more ship :( (even though there was some good ship there! :p)

Before i say what i thought of the ep i need to tell you the following.

As a United fan i was at the game last night at Old Trafford which went about as well as Anubis's universal domination plans in this episode except the latter is great and thr former absolutely not. First i heard at half time that the reording had failed and i think i've missed it and then i get home at like 02:40 to find that i do have most of the ep but the damned interactive TV Guide from my cable provider covers a third of the screen. Oh well.. :( what i got is way better than nothing i guess.

I really liked this episode but i do agree that this great ep could've been an evern greater one but then you can always pick if your negative but i'm not.

I'd give it :D :D :D :D :D

A couple of observations from both parts of this episode though.

When Sam, Daniel and Teal'c were at Jack's house and Hammond walks in and Jack hands him a Guiness with his opinion of the drink. Well that long winded way of saying that done, what i am trying to say very badly is MGM must've raked it in for that scene with the money Guiness woul've paid them.

In part 2 where the carrier fleet is attacked, was i the only one who thought that was a bit like a similar first contact moment of sorts in Independence Day?

This ep tees up some intersting if not in some cases, now predictable plot lines with the release of future info but i don't see that being too much of a problem at the min.

I'm going to see if the ep is repeated on Sky One Mix before i say much more, i don't have the channel but if its on i should be able to see the ep properly.

I'll end my post in the football theme it started.

*clears throat*

"WE LOVE STARGATE [SG-1] WE DO...WE LOVE STARGATE [SG-1] WE DO...WE LOVE STARGATE [SG-1] WE DOOO..OHHH STARGATE [SG-1] WE LOVE YOU" ;)

If you know the tune, you might be able to sing along but if not then you'll just get the idea for now unless you kind find the tune.

BRING ON SEASON 8! We need to set Jack to defrost asap and am i the only one who thnks we need to see the Ferlings at some point.

Nick,

It really seemed rushed, I thought it wouldnt have been necessary because it was a double episode. I was mildly disappointed, I would have wanted to see a really desperate epic battle (involving some conventional weapons as well) but there really wasn't enough eyecandy since the only real battle was over too soon.
Too bad they also decided not to show the destruction of the carrier group and other bombardments Anubis did on ground targets. I would've loved to see responses from other nations as well, especially from russia and china.

Oh yeah, big thanks to the Asgard for assisting in the defence of Earth. After all SG-1 and people have done for you, you surely balanced the books with this fine effort.

So what the gargle were all those fantastic little golden floating fishy things... huge exposition hole, perhaps waiting for season 8?

Were they a life form, a weapon, an energy form? Had they been trapped, stored, in hibernation, or waiting to be created? What happened afterwards?

It's all so open and therefore "argh!"

Originally posted by shammy
Oh yeah, big thanks to the Asgard for assisting in the defence of Earth. After all SG-1 and people have done for you, you surely balanced the books with this fine effort.

It's been too easy in the past for the Asgard to come and help, so I'm glad that didn't happen again. Aren't the Asgard still loosing their war with the Replicators though? That would be the fictional reason for them not helping or responding to calls. It's the reason that has been given before.
Or else this 'new enemy' who is rumoured to feature in 'Atlantis'.

Didn't they capture all the replicators in that time bubble? And that happened over a full season ago.

I agree however, that I wouln't have wanted the Asgard to do _everything_ for us, but maybe just a single rogue Asgard ship (Thor!) defying the orders not to intervene by the council (or some other reason) would have been nice. Anubis had upgraded shields and weapons on those ships so the Asgard ship couldn't have simply taken them all out single-handedly. But.. im fantasizing :). Well, maybe they come up with a decent explanation in season 8.

I wonder how the other goauld react when they hear the Tauri just wiped Anubis and his fleet out :p I dont think they want to come anywhere near Earth anytime soon. I guess this sadly means that tauri don't need the Asgard to protect Earth at all.. I really hope we will see them more often later on. In the earlier season it was always magnificent sight when the Asgard appeared.

Agree that "saved by the Asgard" would have been dull, but the "rogue" aspect could have worked. There's been almost nothing of them all season, so there must have been something "heavy" going down - perhaps we'll find out early season 8??? [And so where did all the SFX budget go in S7???]

Goa'uld - there shouldn't be that many left, surely? I got the impression that Anubis was finally turning on Earth because he'd stomped all over sufficient of the remaining opposition that it wouldn't be a hindrance to concentrate on that little blue planet again...

one nit/question

ok, the prez is briefed about how the ships are taking out power grids and communications...so what, the sgc never turns on the generators?

how did they just lose all power seconds before nuby attacks?

help on the inside? coincidence? nuby knew just what power grid to hit?

ok, then given the threats to power, why weren't they on internal power for just such a circumstance?

i mean, with invasion/bombardment imminent, why weren't the sgc cut off from the outside world and keeping the gate dialed just to prevent nuby from dialing in?????

As far as the whole not having the gate dialed out to prevent anubis from dialing in. They were about to dial the alpha site so kinsey could hightale it off Earth.
Why didnt they have the alpha site already dialed when they first learnt of the invasion? can only suggest that the new base commander isnt fully up to speed on tactical situations within the complex :)

Remember they can only keep it going for 38 minutes - you don't want to have it "give out" at that crucial moment just when you need it... and the power requirements for dialling out and keeping it must be huge. But, as you say, most Goa'uld we've encountered have used an incoming wormhole as a "weapon" to block escapes...

I should imagine that the number of System Lords is sadly depleted by Anubis, but the ordinary Goa'uld would probably be still relatively numerous. It's more than likely that quite a few will have gone to ground, but I doubt that even Anubis knocked them ALL out. Of course, after this season I suppose that the Goa'uld will be 'old hat', but then the depletion of this horrible enemy kinda leaves the door open for the Tok'ra to become a bit more entrenched. I have a feeling that season eight will deal with trying to cure Jack and the run-up to Atlantis now, which makes sense.

Of course, when have the writers of this show made complete sense?