um . . . am I all alone here?

Texane

Frelling Wicked
Are all the Sam fans at a convention somewhere? Sam gain 50 pounds I didn't notice, and y'all quit watching her? Y'all have all been abducted and they don't show Stargate out there?

Do they show hockey?

:iiworry:

Poor little Texane - all alone. Can Aardvark come and join in the fun?

p.s. aliens are intimidated by large flat sticks. Trust me. I know! :D

From
Aardie
Mistress of Gitwyia

Me stop watching Sam, you wish!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant go one day without looking at a pic of her;)

PLEASE go to

the round robin fan fic thread in this section. I KNOW. YOU DON'T WRITE FAN FIC. NOT INTERESTED.[color=blue=] Neither was I. [/color]I read one of these a year ago, and even if you don't want to write JUST ONE paragraph, the fic (well, this one anyway) is hilarious!

Come join the funny. :laugh2:

Originally posted by Aardie
Poor little Texane - all alone. Can Aardvark come and join in the fun?

p.s. aliens are intimidated by large flat sticks. Trust me. I know! :D

From
Aardie
Mistress of Gitwyia
you betcha.

Originally posted by Aardie
"Being a Mistress of Gitwyia is knowing that Maybourne's head has many varied uses. Purchase now for $29.95. It slices! It dices! Order now and get a free set of steak knives!"
I thought I would give you a Maybourne laugh. In December 2000, a round robin fan fic was written called, "Loop Gate." The premise was that other things must have happened during the three months they were looping ("Window of Opportunity"). Each of us wrote a "loop," which started exactly as the loops on the show did. Mine was about Maybourne:

Loop 6:

"I'm sorry Jack, that's just how I feel about it. What do you think?"

No response. As usual, he wasn't listening to me. But this time, I think Jack is going over the edge. Maybe duck and cover is a good idea.

"Uh, Sam . . ."

She sees it too . . . Jack's glazing over . . . He needs a valium. He needs to get laid. Clearly fishing is not going to do it this time.

"Is something wrong?" I ask him.

"Yeah. Something's wrong alright. Something's been wrong, and is now wrong about one hundred times," Jack said. Now Jack is in a full fledged scowl and he leaves the commissary; no further explanation. Sam and I just look at each other, and follow Jack to the briefing room.

Several hours later, and an amazing story from Jack and Teal'c (which I would never believe if Teal'c didn't remember it, too), I now find myself in the middle of a translation of an entire dais of heiroglyphs. Jack seems to think I can just translate these things at a whim! He makes me crazy sometimes. I've got to go find him and see if he remembers any more specifics about . . .

What is that noise? It sounds like . . . who is that cursing? It's coming from the Gateroom . . .

"Colonel O'Neill, I'll have you court marshalled for this! You sonafab----!" What is Maybourne doing here? The spooks are supposed to be at Area 51.

It's really true: a picture is worth a thousand words.

"Sam! SAAAAMMMMM!!!! She's gotta see this, even if we will never remember it . . . but Jack and Teal'c will!

Maybourne is suspended from the ceiling of the Gateroom, candy and prizes taped all over him, with Jack holding a decorated stick in his hand, teaching Teal'c a new game.

"You see, Teal'c, it's called a pinata. It is a test of manhood, skill and ability. The male being given the test is blindfolded, and given only one implement to prove his worthiness and manhood - this weapon of honor, decorated as it has been by manly warriors centuries ago. In order for you to become accepted as a man into our new tribe of warriors, you must hit the pinata, while you are blindfolded, until ALL of the prizes fall to the floor."

At that moment, Maybourne knew there was something worse than dismemberment.

ROFL!!

That's so funnny. And good old harry wo deserve it for sure.

Hey I read that Amanda Tapping is going to be on that new Sc-fi show called "EarthSea". I think it is coming out in December.

Originally posted by JacksLover
Hey I read that Amanda Tapping is going to be on that new Sc-fi show called "EarthSea". I think it is coming out in December.
It's currently listed on IMDB as "filming". Amanda is at the bottom of the listed cast, but slightly higher up, for those interested, is a certain snake-head who won't stay dead, paging Mr Peter Williams...

I don't care about the show yet, but for any SG-1 fan, it's a must see. If you ever think when watching a show, "I know that face", this one has got to be the ultimate face quiz for SG-1 fans:
Alex Diakun (Professor Tarek Solamun in "Memento"), Mark Acheson (Vishnoor in "Prisoners"), Dave Ward (Antagonistic Bar Guy[!] in "Nightwalkers"), Alan Scarfe (Chancellor Druhin in Atlantis episode "Poisoning the Well"), Jennifer Calvert (Ren'al in several SG-1 episodes), Mark Hildreth (voices R.J.Harrison in "Stargate: Infinity"), Alessandro Juliani (Eliam in "Scorched Earth"), Richard Side (Guide in "Icon" [series 8]), Stephen Park (bit-part in "The Other Side"), Brad Loree (a Jaffa in "Heroes: Pt 2"), Frank C. Turner (a homeless man in "Desperate Measures"), Tom Heaton (Werner in "Fragile Balance"), John DeSantis (a Jaffa in "Double Jeopardy"), Brad Kelly (as Jaffa in "Heroes: Pt 2" and "Fifth Man" and a different Thug part in "Affinity" [series 8]) and finally Peter Kent (Kintac in "Jolinar's Memories / Devil You Know"). At least five other members of the "Earth Sea" cast were also in "MacGyver", and the majority were in one or more of the usual modern sci-fi shows such as "DaVinci's Inquest", "Smallville", "Andromeda", "Viper", "X Files", "Highlander" etc. It's Canadian open season...