The Matrix Online game...Regular Updates

cersei

Matriculated
For those of you unaware, the brothers are helping plot the Matrix Online persistent world game to continue the story of the Matrix (and yes, to make more money but I honestly think they do have more to tell..)

This game is still being made and scheduled for release sometime next year. It will be a monthly fee payment for those of you not familiar with these types of games.

I am of course interested but will stick to providing storyline updates (you can find out more about game yourself at www.thematrixonline.com )

this teaser message is first of many more to come hopefully..

## Broadcast depth
## Incoming Transmision...
## Geiger // HvCFT PROMETHEUS

We've taken heavy casualties.

Zion will be rebuilt.

We've only scratched the surface of what is to come.

## End Transmission...

i hate them things. them online pay-per-play things. never. never. never.

Cool! Can't wait to see the updates.

If you get any images, let us know. :D

Who is fighting Who

Found this nugget in the FAQ section of Forum ( http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/6/ubb.x?a=cfrm&s=400102&f=140103)

Which sides are available to fight for?
There are the Zionists, people who are fighting to get everyone in the Matrix released, and there ar the Machinists, people who are fighting to keep the Matrix going, you can play as either of them, but you can't be an agent or fight for the machines (as far as we know).

...So it confirms my suspicion even from before Revolutions that conflict likely between humans which want to keep Matrix going and those that do not. I suspect NPC (thats Non-Player Characters for you non-Gamers) will involve Agents, Merovingian goonies (and even the man himself) etc...

another interesting item is this...note though that all this is answers by Developers of game and it is still only in Alpha stage so a lot will change by end of game release.

Can You be the One?
No

Will the One be in the game?
Most likely there will be a "One" who is an NPC, though if there is it will probably be disclosed as the story progresses.

Thanks for the update! I love hearing about this stuff! :rolly2:

im waiting till open beta, although i do want to be an agent so bad...

I played for a few weeks on a trial account, it took me all of my willpower not to buy a subscription when the trial ran out.