Which movie is the best?

markpud

Former Ascifi.com mod
For those who've seen all three, which do you like best??

I'd rate them, 1,2,3 with "The Matrix" as the best and "Matrix:Revolutions" as the least good...

Well, if I judge them based on how I felt when I left the theater, I'd say The Matrix #1, Reloaded #2 and Revolutions #3. But not because I think any one is better than any other. They're all so different that I can't compare them. The emotions they evoked were very different, but they all did what they set out to do. I think they are very successful films, regardless of what box office numbers might say in the end. You really do have to see them all together in order to get the full meaning, too. I can't wait to see Revolutions again!

I do agree that seeing them all together will provide a much better effect than seeing the first Matrix loads of times then watching Reloaded once at the cinema, and then waiting six months and watching Revolutions at the cinema.

Reloaded and Revolutions follow each other much more tightly and the first movie and I would have benefited from having a refresher of Reloaded before going into Revolutions!

I do think they are all good films, and the trilogy is one of the strongest trilogies I've seen.

i think that im gonna have to go with Reloaded, although the original was close behind:D :rolly2:

I think Reloaded does stand up well, it's much better than most sequels, and plus when I think of watching it in the cinema, it reminds me of my holiday to the US of A :D

Yes I was able to see it in Florida on the 2nd night of showings, and was quite the envy of my friends when I got home, as they had to wait another month at least!!! :rolly2:

My 2 cents?

The Matrix was a ground-breaking, artistic, marvel of creativity, technology and just plan great movie making.

After that all we got is the classic Hollywood money-making formula.

There is now no doubt, Hollywood can occasionally spawn the most wonderous of creations...

and they will always kill every single one.

My favourite's the original Matrix because like tschurter says it was so groundbreaking and revolutionary. I think I also preferred it because it was more of a comlete story. You could watch The Matrix and not really care if they didn't make Reloaded and Revolutions whereas the later two relied on each other and the original to make any sense really. Which is, I know, usually the way with sequals but I still like a nice rounded story! :p

I watched all 3 movies (one after the other lol) for the first time at the weekend. I really liked all 3 of them but I thought the first one was my favourite, then the second and then the third. :)
They were really good movies. Although my mind was mush after watching them all for that long!!!
:D LOL!!

lol u should have seen my staggering out of the theater after watching reloaded back to back, i was soo glad i didnt have to drive home that day:p:rolly2:

LOL!!
Always a good thing when you dont have to use your brain after things like that!

im not so sure my brain was even in my head after that, i think it left half way through the movie:p:rolly2:

does anyone read these posts? were they retreived from an older site?

I like all the specialized forums found here but I don't know if anyone still uses them.

about the Matrix. I know I'm in the Minority but Revolutions was my favorite. I enjoyed the first movie, was annoyed by the second one in the theaters but liked it later on video but Revolutions was the movie that made me a fan; it made me like the other movies more. Mainly I enjoyed the sublime epic scale and I really appreciated how they managed to show several different types of heroism; i.e. the people reloading the guns. Some of the dialogue could have used some work; I got tired of people saying "are you out of your god-damned mind!?" other than that I was rivited.

Let me go ahead and briefly resuscitate this post three-and-a-half years after it has been dismissed.

I thought the original Matrix was brilliant, and remains one of my all-time favourites. Matrix: Reloaded was a mile-high pile of stinking garbage. Matrix: Revolutions was only a half-mile-high pile, but stinking garbage, nonetheless.