Which movie is the best?

The Matrix. (Ground Breaking Film.)
The Animatrix. (Excellent expansion to the Matrix backstory)
The Matrix: Reloaded and Revolutions were just as bad as each other.

Definately, the original movie is the best.

The only part in the second film I really liked was the highway sequence.

I honestly don't remember if I've seen them all..

But as how I recall it, the first one was the best. :cool:

Am I the only person on the planet who thought all three were a pile of crap?

They weren't that bad, and the highway scenes in 2 were as good as the pursuits in Mad Max and Thunder Dome, but they weren't the epic movie game changers everyone says IMO. The whole premise was a little much but, even worse, given that it was then just chock full of plot holes to the point where it didn't make sense

(And he "c'mon" gesture in the fight scenes? Does anyone else see that as the very definition of cringe worthy?)

Am I the only person on the planet who thought all three were a pile of crap?

No there are two other people.

The Matrix is unique as far as I know. All sequels have a problem because the BIG IDEA of the story is revealed in the first movie. For the Matrix it was nearly all of humanity being in a virtual world and NOT KNOWING IT.

But in the second movie we meet The Architect. Then we find Neo is the SIXTH one. What is the significance of that? But in the first movie we met Spoon Boy with FIVE twisted spoons. Neo picks up the 6th spoon and bends it and straightens it back, seemingly without really knowing what he was doing. So the 5 previous One's were failures. Why would the 6th One succeed. Because God rested on the SEVENTH DAY?

But it is Neo's "destruction" of Smith in the first movie that empowered super Smith in the second and gave Neo a bargaining position in the third.

The movies are a whole. People that don't get it just don't get it.

psik