Bible verses from Hovercraft marks...

cersei

Matriculated
wow just saw this amazing thing people got off official websites of the hovership plaques...

very interesting stuff...

ZioN
Streetlight Co.
Mark XXIII:XXIV/20

Mark 13:24 But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light,

Mark 13:20 If the Lord had not cut short those days, no one would survive. But for the sake of the elect, whom he has chosen, he has shortened them.

–

Mark XIV No. 14
LogoS
Made in the USA
Year 2101

Mark 14:14 And wheresoever he shall go in, say ye to the goodman of the house, The Master saith, Where is the guestchamber, where I shall eat the passover with my disciples?

–

MARK XIV No 62
MjolniR
Made in the USA
Year 2111

Mark 14:62 And Jesus said, I am: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

–

Mark VI No. 16
Osiris
Made in the USA
Year 2079

Mark 6:16 But when Herod heard thereof, he said, It is John, whom I beheaded: he is risen from the dead.

–

Mark III No 11
Nebuchadnezzar
Made in the USA
Year 2069

Mark 3:11 Whenever the evil spirits saw him, they fell down before him and cried out, "You are the Son of God."

Cersei! I missed you! :rolly2:

Thanks for the new topic! Now we have more to debate... I mean, discuss. :D

Osiris
Made in the USA
Year 2079

Mark 6:16 But when Herod heard thereof, he said, It is John, whom I beheaded: he is risen from the dead.
Interesting sidenote on the Osiris. It's named after an Egyptian god that was killed but resurrected by his wife (Isis) so she could bear his child. Hmmmmm. Sounds familiar... reminds me of, ya know, how Trinity "resurrected" Neo in the first film. ;)

If I could find my bible, I'd read all the stuff inbetween what was quoted above, but alas! it seems to be missing. :( Here are those quotes in the order they appear in the bible:

Mark 3:11 Whenever the evil spirits saw him, they fell down before him and cried out, "You are the Son of God."

--Obvious reference to Neo. Well, obvious now... and when we first saw that one here. ;)

--Also a reference to Neo, and possibly the previous or first One, since the humans in Zion were waiting for him to "rise again."

Mark 13:20 If the Lord had not cut short those days, no one would survive. But for the sake of the elect, whom he has chosen, he has shortened them.

--A reference to the time limit Neo claims? Or a reference to the time Neo actually had in order to save not only Trinity, but all of Zion?

Mark 13:24 But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light,

--That final fight was pretty dark... all cloudy and rainy. Man I wish I could find my bible!

Found more to this verse that might be interesting:
13:25 And the stars of heaven shall fall, and the powers that are in heaven shall be shaken.

13:26 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.

--Now that's the coming of a savior!

Mark 14:14 And wheresoever he shall go in, say ye to the goodman of the house, The Master saith, Where is the guestchamber, where I shall eat the passover with my disciples?

--Not sure why this one's referenced. Neo never got the chance for a final supper.... But maybe this is a reference to Neo's attempted preperation of the Zionites for peace. The verse is about Jesus sending deciples to find and prepare a specific place for his last supper, but in The Matrix I think the only thing Neo could ever do for the Zionites was send them home while he went on to his own mission. To go where "they could not follow."

Mark 14:62 And Jesus said, I am: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

--This was in answer to the question Are you the Son of God? and was immediately followed by the condemnation of Jesus. This particular verse sounds almost poetic to me. And reminds me of Trinity and Neo's final flight toward the machine city.... :crying:

Give me some more insigts here, people! :D

Not the Bible... but more quotes...

And Smith is a film buff....

He says to the Oracle: "Behold the great oracle" from 'The Wizard of Oz'

I think there was a line from the 'Wizard of Oz' in the original 'Matrix' too, so it must be an essential movie inside the Matrix. :D

There were all kinds of references in The Matrix about the Wizard of Oz as well as Alice in Wonderland... just like in Farscape... but they're not expounded on. They're media references as well as philosophical ones, because of the nature of both stories. Both are total mind-frells. ;)