what were you thinking?????? (mim wise..)

Spudnik

what were you thinking?????? (mim wise..) SPOILERS!

well i was wrong about the mother of the matrix, but you must admit to being wrong about the matrix-within-a-matrix.

what were you thinking?

Hope ya don't mind, spud, but I added a spoiler warning in the thread title...

And, hey, I only said the MIM was a possibility, because it was just hard to believe that a human, even the savior of humanity, could have powers like those that Neo displayed at the end of Reloaded. I'm pretty sure that I also argued against it, and said that we'd just have to wait for Revolutions. ;)

And yes, it was awesome hearing Smith call The Oracle "mom." Great lines, too.

Oracle: "You're a *******."
Smith: "You ought to know, mom."

LOVED IT! But then, I also loved the meniacle laughter from the Oracle/Smith.

On to other threads now, for more discussion. He[[, I'll be up all night now. :nuts:

why wrong about MIM? ;)

at no point in Revolutions is MIM theory disproven. if anything, issues like Neo seeing things in gold further enhances for me the possiblity of MIM....another is when Smith asks Neo why he fights on when he knows...if MIM is true, Smith knows it now (he would not when just being Agent Smith in original) and he reckons Neo does too (I think Neo realises too....)

so I am still in MIM camp :)

I guess Cersei could be right but I doubt it, I think that was the end. It wasn't a satisfying end though. It wasn't very 'Revolutionary' either, though pkgrl thinks thats a reference to 'Revelations' being the final book of the Bible.

My friend, Jack, thinks it wasn't original or "revolutionary" either. But there are multiple meanings to virtually everything the Wachowski brothers named in this film. It's not like it was a play-by-play of the life of Christ, but more of a conglomeration of events, philosophies, and facts from this world from the year 0 to now. I think it did a fantastic job of combining those elements.

But I think the MIM theory is moot. We'll never get a definative answer. The W bros don't really do interviews. And they shouldn't have to. The point of this "exercise" is that we all need to think for ourselves. And what's wrong with that? Nothing as far as I can tell. Thinking people should be the only ones who are allowed to breed... imho. :blush: Kind of ranting now, aren't I?

But I'm still in the "no MIM" camp, so cersei and I will have to agree to disagree on that one. Even though we seem to see eye to eye on most other aspects in The Matrix. ;)

Back