5.06: The Cautionary Tale of Numero Cinco

Highlander II

There can be only one!!
{Episode discussion thread -- discuss the current episode only!}

Cinco hermanos - cuatro se muerte.

Angel's feeling a little 'disconnected' - (note from Spike: I told him to get DSL) - and needs to get back into the whole 'hero' thing.

Spike's asking Wes about the Shanshu prophecy --

Fred's all science-girl again--

Lorne - well, he's sending birthday wishes --

Gunn's got contacts in contracts (say that 3 times fast) --

So - there's a big Aztec warrior demon guy hanging around and he's seeking out the hearts of heroes...

Overall - pretty good ep!

Some fun lines - many of them from Spike

Wes and Gunn were a bit more in on the action than before. Fred was kind of absent, but she had been pretty prevelent in previous eps.

Spike's interest in the Shanshu prophecy - is he wondering if the thing meant him? Or was he just sending Wes on a 'cheer up Angel' mission -- naaaah - that was a selfish Spike thing, I think - he wanted the skinny on the prophecy - see if he was 'worthy' maybe? Course, Angel looks through it too. Hmmmmm - could this be that cool literary tool known as FORESHADOWING?????

;)

My favorite part was Spike telling everyone that Angel was beating up old people. And Fred going "Not number 5!" Hehehe And it being on the web in like 10 secs LOL.

Is anyone else even watching the show?

What happened to all those Angel fans?

I mean, I know the UK doesn't get the show until Jan - but there are a LOT of US fans too. Did they all run away?

i liked this episode, but it was sorta forgettable. i mean, already fuzzy on it. i think that's just because it was SO standalone, that it doesn't feel at all connected to anything else, other than oh, it's the mail guy.

you want Angel chat? you got it. just answer me back and we'll keep it going as long as you can stand it. i've been craving that, as you know.

Ya know - all I really remember about this ep is: The Mexi-wrestlers; Number 5 sending Angel through a window; Spike being OOC-ish super happy about it; the wrestling match and the wicked-like fight at the end -

might have to go 're-watch' -- when I'm not LSAT studying...

Originally posted by Highlander II
Is anyone else even watching the show?

What happened to all those Angel fans?

I mean, I know the UK doesn't get the show until Jan - but there are a LOT of US fans too. Did they all run away?

maybe they're just kind of busy like me. you couldn't imagine the junk i've had piling up these last few weeks. in fact, i just watched all of this seasons episodes in the last 3 days. I've not been able to keep up with half the shows i watch because i haven't had the time. but, sometimes it's more fun this way. it's nice to not have to wait a whole week to find out what happens next.
i like how they brought in the whole 'day of the dead' traditions, and instead of the spirits of loved ones past visiting, they actually came back body and all. and very much not-decomposed bodies at that....