General John Crichton Question - kinda Spoilerish

Mysterious Stranger

Gigi's "Spark"
Now I don't want to get off on a rant here but...

I'm not going to use spoiler tags because this question doesn't give much away for Season 4 but if you haven't seen Season 3 yet leave now.

Anyway...

I have a question that's been bugging me for some time now. After watching the Season 3 DVDs there's something that I can't figure out. Here it is. The details are a bit fuzzy so correct me if I'm wrong somewhere.

In a S4 episode (I don't remember which) John Crichton (the one that lived) mentions to someone (again, not sure who) in a conversation about Aeryn that "you should have met her mother" (the quote is what I remember best). Now this doesn't make sense to me because this John never met Aeryn's mother. My question is what is he basing this comment on? Is he just referring to what the others told him about her trying to kill Aeryn, etc.? Or did he get some info from the Stark mask at the end of Fractures in S3? Like TJohn's memories?

Am I crazy and obsessing over something trivial? Can you help me? Please?!

I just want to hear your thoughts and opinions on this, somewhat questionable continuity error(?).

Personally, I think the writers just made a mistake. :p

Other than that possibility, though, it could be that Rygel told him. He likes to complain, and Aeryn's mother did a lot of stuff to them that he probably didn't like.

Then, for all we know, Aeryn and Crais felt that she was enough of a threat that they should give the Moya crew more information about her.

Now I don't want to get off on a rant here but...

Yeah, that all came to mind when I thought about it. Personally I think it's just a writer snafu. Unless there's another explanation that I'm missing.

although he didnt; actully meet Aeryn's mother. Wasn't she the one who was responsible for spliting the moya and Talyn crews due to her pursuit.

ZachWZ

Yup, Zach! Her pursuit of Talyn and Crais (and by extention, everyone else) did lead to the two ships and crews seperating.

I know that Stark conveyed SOME of TJohn's memories to MJohn, but don't know if that was one of them. I have no doubt, however, that Rygel (at least) would have mentioned meeting Aeryn's mother and that, while he thought that Aeryn was a b**ch, her mom really took the cake! :D I don't think it was a mistake, but just a little extra meant to remind us of Xalax. I'm sure John only had to hear one story about her to commit it to memory... and draw upon it later. I would have. :cool: