5.05: Life of the Party

Highlander II

There can be only one!!
Harmonica and Lorney Toons have a con-fab, then Lorney Toons has con-fabs with everyone else - just to make sure this W&H annual Halloween bash goes off w/o a hitch...

However - there are a few hitches...

Wes and Fred are drunk - what were they drinking?

Gunn's got some 'control' issues - how much did *he* have to drink?

Spike's gettin' happy - we know he can't drink.

Angel and Eve are working out some issues - have they been drinking too?

Something freaky is going on!

There was some funny stuff going on in this ep --

Wes and Fred - drunk on nothing. Harmony being the only one dancing for like the 1st half of the party. The demon in the john; Spike being all happy; Gunn peeing on everything...

"Hulk-Lorne" I could have lived without - but it did fit the whole 'cartoon' bit that was going on --

Ooh ooh --

Angel: "I'm brooding."
Lorne: (turns around) "You're watching hockey."
Angel: "Yeah, but my team's losing."

WOOHOOO!!!! HOCKEY!!!!!!! Angel gets a point!!

Okay - so, Lorne had his sleep removed - what was that about? I mean, if he's been so busy - why wasn't he in the other eps more? Just not following - and what exactly was he doing? I don't get that.

And poor poor Wes - he and Spike should start a club - or a society or something - Love's Bitches - those two guys have rotten luck w/ women -- Poor Wes. :(

I loved it! It was so fun! The hocky thing was great, the little demon slave guy sniffing his fingers and going "Pee Pee!", Spike being all goofy and happy, Harmany dancing by her self and not at all bothered by Spike blowing her off (Though why he did that I have no clue I mean she looked Hot! Where is the Spike who stayed with her for months just for the sex?)

I have to say I almost laughed my self to death when Angel was doing it with Eve. LOL That was so funny! "Hey! Angel's getting soem! Good on you mate!" "Even you stay here and keep having sex with me." LOL!!

Ooooh I so need to watch this one a few more thousand times!

Originally posted by Dru
Harmany dancing by her self and not at all bothered by Spike blowing her off (Though why he did that I have no clue I mean she looked Hot! Where is the Spike who stayed with her for months just for the sex?)

Um - he's not the same Spike anymore? He blew her off before anyway - he's not really acting any different to her now than before, except that he can't have sex with her b/c he's not corporeal. I don't think he liked her much before anyway - and ya know, he might change his mind a bit and she might grow on him --

Also, I think Harmony just needs to leave him alone for a bit - she's a bit 'over doing' it on the 'try to talk to Spike' thing. If she would just back off a bit, he might be okay with her.

Spike really is different. i was thinking, cause in some places people are saying that the writers don't know him yet. well, i say we don't, entirely. how can we?

i adored this ep. it was oldskool Angel, from back in the day. some excellent ensemble action, in Angel's office.
and see, week before Cinco, but i remember it detail for detail, unlike the brothers whoosy.

i only didn't like big Hulk Lorne. too broadly done. i would have liked a Big Gay Lorne Gone Horribly Evil depiction instead.

the scene with the sleep tubes was wonderful.

Note from H2 - had to add a spoiler box edit - that's about the next ep - no big :D

See - I want to learn more about Spike - but almost more about Spike in relation to Angel.

I don't want Angel to get 'shoved out' of the picture - he's still important, but I miss the 'Dark Avenger' Angel -- I want him back - you know, the broody guy who jumped into the wrong car in the first ep -- *that* Angel -

And Wes and Lorne and Fred need some quality screen time -

(No, I am *not* saying that Spike's hoggin' the screen time - b/c he's NOT - just that the other players need to be 'in the game' too)

heh, weird to forget about the spoiler. it's cause i was answering them in reverse order!

you have to wonder if everyone gets their turn to shine, and if so, then what? but i figure it was time for the guy to shine, since it had been absolutely ages. watching TNT lately attests to that. he had actually been focused on before.

No problem - and they weren't really 'big' spoilers - just little things - but - gotta keep 'em covered ;)

Well, the other bit about Lorne - he's only *recently* been added to the 'cast' as a regular - same w/ Spike - so, I wouldn't expect tons of 'Lorne-cnetric' stuff in the past - but there should be some more focus on him now.

As for Wes - there were some good eps for him too - "Guise Will be Guise" comes to mind - and that was funny!

yeah, loved Guise will be Guise. sadly, Virginia just broke up with Wes a couple days ago.

other thing about Lorne is that the actor could play so many different emotions in Life of the Party. he became more real.

but some that come to mind are (no caps, feel like rushing,) the house always wins, spin the bottle, the ones where Angel is alone and WH are cruising Lorne's joint. in those he was able to be more than only the host.

that's why i wonder if he will have another turn this year, or like, something to do. curiously, i don't have favorite Lorne lines from this ep, but i loved this Fred line: "Hey, they don't just do sleep here. Madeline Chu of accounting, she had her ennui removed!"

i love that gunn peed in the chair. i also love how like, nonchalant (sp?) he acted about it instead of being highly embarassed.

This was weird. Just… weird. I mean, it was really funny, but there was practically no story-line.

But I can just about overlook that, because it really was very funny - Wes and Fred off their faces; Gunn peeing on everything (especially Angel’s chair :D); Harmony dancing by herself in the middle of the dance floor; Spike acting as though he was high. :lol:

But my main complaint – Wes and Fred get completely hammered, which is the perfect excuse for smoochies, and Fred goes off with Knox instead?! Come on, in a choice between Wes and, well, anyone, who are you gonna pick?

Come on, in a choice between Wes and, well, anyone, who are you gonna pick?

Personally, I'd take anyone over Wes. Ever since Billy Wes has come across as a highly functional psychopath, IMHO.