5.04: Hellbound

Highlander II

There can be only one!!
Spike was fading away last week -

This week, things are a little more treacherous...

Fred's working overtime and over budget to save Spike and make him corporeal again, only Angel doesn't believe Spike can be saved.

And things get a bit hot and heavy on Spike's end...

Angel and Gunn pay a visit to the White Room...

ooooooooh -- spooky!

*bows before the writing power of Steven S. DeKnight*

Finally! Someone who knows how Spike is *supposed* to speak!

Though, at first, I was thinking - 'oh no, not again w/ the voices no one else can hear!' -

But - they saved that, gave it a new spin and we got THIS!

Pretty banter between the two vamps with souls - b/c that's always fun! Culminating in:

Angel: "I never told anyone this, but I liked your poems."
Spike: *with a sneer* "*You* like Barry Manilow."

*snort*

The demon guy was good - was almost thinking they were intro'ing the 'big bad' really early - but that wasn't it - or it was and they've cleverly diverted our attention for the time being.

And I liked Spike making the decision he did - he really is working that 'good guy' thing (staying in character and everything) - and he shoved the big badass into the machine and made him all corporeal and told Angel not to kill him, or he'd just start all over again... bwahahaha - Angel locks him up in the evil multi-dimensional law firm basement holding cell thing.... Angel going evil on us? Now *that* guy (the Reaper) can't be saved.

Pretty good ep - better than last week -

Spike's clothes weren't real *snort* -- hehe -- dunno why I find that funny - I just do...

K let's start with the obvious - NAKED SPIKE! Mmmmmmm.

The Spike/Angel stuff, holy *hell* :naughty:

S - So that's it then, i really am going to burn.
A - Welcome to the club.
S - Well, least i got company eh? You and me, together again, Hope and Crosby, Stills and Nash (??), Chico and the-
A - Are we done?
S - Never much for small-talk were you? Always too busy trying to perfect that brooding block of wood mystique. God i loved that.
A - As much as i loved your non-stop yammering.
S - How you always had to be the big swingy, swaggering around, barkin' orders.
A - Never listening.
S - Always interrupting.
A - And your hair, what colour do they call that? Radioactive?
S - Never much cared for you, Liam. ( Me = ::thud:: ) Even when we were evil.
A - Cared for you less.
S - Fine.
A - Good.
(They try to ignore each other)
A - There was one thing about you-
S - Really?
A - Yeah i never told anybody about this but i, i liked your poems. (I had to replay this about ten times to make sure he didn't say 'palms', i seriously thought he said palms).
S - *You* like Barry Manilow.

:lol:

I really enjoyed this ep, i didn't even feel the need to hack Eve into little pieces *once*!

That scene was really funny. I think the best Spike/angel speech was in the second episode of angel when spike was on the rooftop.

Oh - you mean the 'girl in peril' bit w/ Spike mocking Angel and the 'nancyboy hairgel' and the

"Quick, to the Angel-mobile! Away!" :lol:

bwahahahahahaha!!!

Love Spike!! :)

this felt season 3 Angel, to me. i liked that. also, Spike was strong. i hoped it meant good things for the Spike/Angel relationship, but i guess not.

i thought this one was pretty cool. some fun ghosts that kind of reminded me of '13 ghosts'

no - this was much better than '13 Ghosts' - (I didn't like that movie) --

But Spike saved Fred - see - he's not all bad... ;)

This was such a good episode, definately the best so far this season. It's about time Spike got some proper screen-time.

At first with the basement and him seeing people, I was thinking it was just going to be BTVS all over again. But this was handled wonderfully, with lots of twists along the way. Also, the Reaper guy was very creepy. He may be my favourite bad guy from ATS now. :D

So Spike's not corporeal, but if he wants it bad enough, he can touch things? Hmm... was anybody else getting a "Ghost" vibe from that? Especially with the opening into hell appearing.

Something that bugged me - when the mystic was trying to contact Spike, and she started choking, why was everyone so quick to jump to the conclusion that it was Spike? I mean, a) he's a good guy now (well, near enough) and b) she was trying to help him, so why would he attack her, even if he could?

And bless Spike, sacrificing himself to save Fred. He's just a big softie underneath, isn't he? :p

There was lots of funny stuff in this episode too. Angel and Spike having their little chat:

Angel: I never told anyone this, but I liked your poems.
Spike: You like Barry Manilow. :D

And Fred writing on the windows:

Fred: Oh, no, I... I just ran out of white board. I'm not crazy. Again. :lol:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
AE35Unit General TV Discussion 2
M X-Files 10