Poll: Widescreen or Full-Screen: what's your personal preference for DVDs and videos?

pkgrl

Ultimate J/A shipper!
DVD: widescreen or full-screen?

Okay, I always buy the widescreen version of a film (if there is a choice) and when I picked up my WS version of Reloaded today, I couldn't wait to get it home to watch it! Of course! I'm the mod of the Matrix forums, and I'm obsessive, so naturally! I'd want to see the film again asap.

Imagine my surprise then when I saw those death words appear on my TV screen: "This film has been modified to fit your screen."

What!?

No WAY this disc could be pan and scan. I bought widescreen. Even checked the box again to make sure. Yup, there it is right at the top. "Widescreen Edition." Then why in the FRELL did I have to watch the thing in full screen mode?

Did anyone else have this problem? I'm wondering if it's a total packaging glitch or my very own anomoly....

Hmmm I hate it when they say that. Cause whenever its "fit to my screen" it cuts off a part of the right side... very annoying...

Well, looks like this was just a fluke on the DVD I got. I exchanged it today and now have the WS version.

But, while we're here, let's find out what everyone prefers, widescreen or full screen.

(I have a sneaky feeling that WS will prove the more popular here, but let's see anyway.)

I always prefer widescreen, because I can't stand the idea that someone re-edited any movie so that the action could be shown in a pan-and-scan format that fits the standard TV screen.

Anyone with me? Or do you all prefer the TV screen all filled in with action, regardless of what might be missing at the edges of the frame? ;)

Back