Letter From AVON!

AVON

This was sent out via PAUL'S club:

Latest News From Avon:pDS

9th October, 2003

Blake's 7 : The Movie - A Message From Paul

This is something I never thought I would have to write to you.
I am sorry to say that circumstances have arisen, that leave me no alternative but to sever relations with the company formed to revive, "Blake's Seven".
Terry Nation and I talked at some length about his idea for a two-part TV Movie that might capture the imagination of a new generation, as well as pleasing those of you who have so constantly supported his original conception.
Since his untimely death, I have tried to realise the vision which, in a sense, he entrusted to me. However, I have fallen foul of modern business practise, which seems to prefer exploitation of a 'brand', and therefore, a TV Movie such as Terry and I envisaged seems as far off as when it was first mooted.
Otherwise, I must quote, 'artistic differences', with those with whom I was previously in association. This is not a Danascene revelation - I have been disturbed by the situation for quite a while and have tried to remedy it, but my efforts have been overruled or ignored. My position became untenable.
You willknow, I hope, how deeply unhappy I am and I'm sure you will share my disappointment. As somebody once said - "Ever silver lining has a cloud".
Your affection and support over so many years meant a lot to Terry - and still does to me.
Thank you.

Paul Darrow

Can't really blame "PAUL" for this - as "B7E" weren't exactly fair to the members who were registered on their "official website Forum" - which is now closed and which they didn't even to tell anyone it was shutting down, not too mention their "AMS's" evasive behaviour, etc! :mad:

L. Arkwright

Vimes's stunt double
I have to say that I didnt know anything about this but to be honest I suppose he must have had his reasons for leaving. Obviously it was a very important project to him and if he felt the need to abandon it then there must have been some serious issues going on.
Maybe this was a good thing. Maybe what others where proposing would have changed the program that we know so well into something completely different.

AVON

Seems from what "PAUL" has said at the CULT TV convention this past weekend - his reason was partly over "merchandising" as he mainly wanted to do the TV Movie.

He was as he said in his letter: "entrusted to Terry's vision for a future revival of B7!" Therefore, as with the original he tried to his best to achieve that and make sure as with the original it would have been a worthy successor and a worth tribute also to "TERRY NATION"!

Sadly, that may not happen - despite "B7E" still having sole rights to still go-ahead and do a new "B7" etc. Until, either "PAUL" or "AMS?B7E" tell us further what was the reason really behind the severing of the relationship - we can only speculate! Pity, that it seems to have got so bad - but don't blame "PAUL" even if, he's lost out "financially" as a result - he prefered to keep "his dignity" - as even "AVON'S" better-half has definitely proved - "MONEY IS DEFINITELY NOT THE B-ALL AND END-ALL" is it!