hefty plot assumptions

NOT so wrong

Originally posted by Spudnik
PART 1
based on the theatrical trailer, there are several things id like to notice about the "big giant head" (oops, thats 3rd rock...) he says: "if you fail...".

well this machine in this particualr statement can forward to us the idea that the machines know they either a) can be wrong in their initial assumptions/(conclusions in the case of the Architect), or b) just have no idea of the future (which is contrary to the Architect's speech--but again, the architect is supposedly "unique"... humbug)
Not bad. Not far off at all. The machines had no control over Smith anymore (as we saw in Reloaded when he overwrote an agent) and the Oracle even said that the Architect couldn't see past ANY choices, because he doesn't understand choice at all. So the machines really did have no idea of the future, and were also wrong in their initial assumptions. Good job, spud. ;)
PART 2
in the same trailer (the very next cut scene in fact) we see agent smith telling someone--someone very special ill get to in a moment--that "Im not so bad once you get to know me"

well i think smith is drawing on his copy/paste abilities to infer that that special someone will become one of him soon enough, and then that special someone wont really matter, because smith will have taken over.

i also think that the special someone is the Oracle.
Close enough. He wasn't saying that line TO the Oracle, but he might as well have been. He did, after all, overwrite her, too. I love that he actually thought he might be able to control the Oracle's ability. He had her memories and they seemed to confuse him... or she still had some control even though she'd been overwritten. Hmmmm.
PART 3
Neo is taken to a place between the matrix and the real world.
the sign says "Mobil Ave" for those that are interested in the specifics, and the cheats codes. [Which is an anagram for Limbo.]

how, though, is a little far fetched-- i think the big giant head did it.

but then 2 very very important things happen: remember the "traveller" from the ETM game? well we see him punching Neo into the wall!!!

imagine!!

also we see Mero trying to get suc--- i mean er, trying to get the "eyes of the oracle" which can be anything form the blind dude in the first episode, to Seraph everyones favourite dood.
Weeeellll, nope. Wrong on that count. :nuts:
PART 4
Bane "the past flesh, your enemy"
Neo "its impossible!"
Bane "it was inevitable"

Bane awakened.

but one thing in particular crosses my mind: neo gets to see bane in a kind of smokey yellowish colour similar (from what i remember) to seraph's code, and to the next scene where the big giant head wraps neo in some kind of yellowy tentacles or something.

Neo sees in yellowy while outside the matrix??

well im still not convinced of the M-I-M theory. think what you will, but my thinkings are that the big giant head is still part of Neo. so he still sees in that yellowy shade.

humbug
Ahhhhhh, nope. But it is interesting to note that while blind to the physical world, Neo could better see the machine world. He couldn't see Bane, but he did see Smith. And he was able to see the beauty in the machine world, because he was blinded in the human world. Hmmmmm.
PART 6
close to the end of the trailer now, there is one thing id like to consider: neo wears a blindfold when the big giant head puts him... someplace. but you can see neo with bloodstains on his eyebrows, and on his lips.

is he blind? is he hurt severely?
is this from the beginning of the film (i think not)? if not, who injured him? im'a smack him! er, i mean, :)
Now we know. He was severely injured... blinded even... but it helped him more than hindered. As I said above, being blind to the human world, the physical world that he knew, he was able to see the beauty around him in the machine world. And I'm pretty sure that Smith got the smack he diserved. ;)
PART 7
the strange code!
well not exactly strange... just odd to see a dude about to explode like smithy did in the first episode, and then three other agent-like dudes around him.
Now we know about that one, too. I thought it might be Neo surrounded by Smiths... they all look like Smiths in the huge trailer I downloaded... but I never figured it could be the Oracle. Scarey overwrite, eh? I think the other Smiths were getting concerned when her transformation caused a gale in her kitchen. :alienooh: But that maniacal laugh was such a great payoff! :D

Now, did you notice that the letters on her fridge spelled out G O D when Neo was standing there, talking to her? Hmmmmmm.

See, spud? You weren't so wrong as you thought. :D