5.01: Conviction

not true! i totally miss cordy! she was cool. now i didn't like a lot of the junk that happened to her over the last year(+), but i still miss her

I thought this was a pretty good season opener - setting the scene nicely, lots of humour. The first scene was cool - starts off with Angel doing his 'Dark Avenger' thing like back in season 1/2, then a whole army turns up to take publicity shots. :laugh2:

So, Gunn's situation gets explained. I did like him being lawyer guy, and it's a lot more interesting than him just being head of security or something. But I can't help thinking that the whole thing is going to turn out badly somewhere down the line. Can they really shove that much law into someone's head, and there be no side-effects what-so-ever? :rolleyes:

Harmony... not sure about that. She can be funny in small doses, but after a while she really starts to get on my nerves. And why would a law firm hire her?

Eve... totally needs to die. I'm sorry, but she is soooo annoying! :evil: Does she do anything except flirt with the entire male population? They should have brought Lilah back full-time. And Lindsay. Why do all the best characters leave? :(

Spike's entrance was very cool. He just has to make a big scene, doesn't he? :lol: Can't wait to see how Angel and Spike react to each other. But where did the amulet come from? Last we knew, it was buried somewhere in an enormous hole that used to be Sunnydale. Did Buffy go back and dig it out or something?

Other stuff. Urm... Gunn looks very hot in a suit. :D But him and Angel are both in serious need of a barber. ;)
Angel gets a whole garage of cars, then picks the yellow one! Guess he has hidden depths. And loved his line about "Did you know I get a helicopter?" :D

Other great quotes:

Angel (to Wes): You turned evil a lot faster than I thought you would.

Wes: Personally, I think he deserves to be eaten by weasels.

Angel: What? I'm not allowed to hit people?
Wes: Not people capable of genocide.
Angel: Those are exactly the types of people I should be allowed to hit!

Spanky: You know what I'm doing now? I'm applying pressure to your windpipe.
Angel: Do you know what I'm doing now? Not using my windpipe.

Phone voice: You have reached ritual sacrifice. For goats, press one, or say "goats."
To sacrifice a loved one or pet, press the pound - :lol: