Tad Williams' "Shadowmarch"

This is perfect. I can read the first two this coming winter, just in time for the release of the third in the spring.

*virtual TBR pile just got larger*

edit: Hey! This was my 700th (counted) post! Cool.

Shadowrise will be released in two volumes, a few months apart.

From Tad:
At present, the full last piece (two volumes, now) is at about 1300 pages ms., with another two hundred perhaps to come. That means about 750 pages each in first draft for the new, split books. The first two books published were each about 800 or so in manuscript, so we're talking about two more very similar sized volumes to SHADOWMARCH and SHADOWPLAY.
Shadowrise will be the third volume in the series. The working title for volume four is Shadowheart.

And still Spring 2010....

*sighs*

Where's my instant gratification when I need it?;)

Gonna pick up the first two soon (Christmas-ish). A four-book fantasy series is not a common thing.

He has form with M,S & T which is also 3(4), no? Really looking forward to this, totally forgot the 'shadow' series.

M, S & T was actually three novels in hardcover, but To Green Angel Tower was split into two volumes for the paperback due to the sheer size.

*Starts in his sleep....sputters, and wakes up...*

Wha....movement on this front?

*Pumps fist in the air*

Yes! Finally. I think I like the US cover better, Gol. although if only for the reason that it continues the theme started with the previous two books hereabouts....good news, though. I think I have just enough Amazon gift certificate bucks left over after the Zelazny Collected Stories acquisitions to pick up Shadowrise.....

Now it's time to re-read the first two books, as I've quite forgotten where things left off!

Ah, I thinks, presciousssss, that three booksss sshall be bought. Yessss.

Yeh..yeh just try it tough guy!... ;)

Anyway, so have not got any of the books in the trilogy yet Clansman?

No, I don't. I was waiting for him to finish the last, given that I have several epic series on the go that are unfinished (though I can finally knock Katherine Kerr off that list this year. I just haven't felt like returning to Deverry just yet). Now I can get all three in one swoop.

Except that there's to be 4 books, not three, Clanny....unless he's convinced the publisher to release Books 3 and 4 at the same time? His web site only listed Vol. 3 as available next month......

Oh. Great. I've already got them in the pipeline, and now I'll have to read them, and I'll have ANOTHER big epic on the go, hanging on, waiting for the next book.

Rats.

No it will include here as well but Melbourne and Sydney usually gets books up to 1 week after Europe and US releases sometimes more and unfortunately as you know W.A up to 1 month after that, so for you let's say approx 2 months from now.

Take heart, Clanny; volume IV (Shadowheart) is now slated for release at the end of this year, according to Tad's web site. If you pace your read, you should arrive there with a minimum of plot loss/reread infliction...;)

Gol, did you see the titles for that after-life investigator series Tad's turning to next (as we discussed a few months back)?

Sleeping Late on Judgment Day
Happy Hour in Hell
Angels Rush In