Tad Williams' "Shadowmarch"

Gol, did you see the titles for that after-life investigator series Tad's turning to next (as we discussed a few months back)?

Sleeping Late on Judgment Day
Happy Hour in Hell
Angels Rush In
Actually no I hadn't. Thanks for the reminder on that. Book 1 is due for release in just over a month.

I may update the other thread for this.....

And Olaf did have the titles already....should have looked deeper into the sub-forum here. Ah well, a little repetition is good for the memory (apparently at least mine, anyway....:rolleyes:)

I'm about halfway through Shadowmarch at the moment, and not sure whether to carry on. I bought it from an airport bookshop, and it was the only thing I had to read on holiday, but now I'm back, I fear it will quickly lose its draw. It seems a complete rehash of The Dragonbone Chair so far, but with less-engaging characters and nowhere near as well done. Many of the plot elements are exactly the same. If it were by any other author, everyone would be saying what a rip-off of MST it is.

It has, however, made me want to read Dragonbone Chair again, so some good has come of it.

Well I'm currently on the last book. Although the series is a decent enough read. I do find predictable and have an utter disregard for the characters and don't care who comes out on top.