1.06: My Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tabitha

Save Angel!
Info from www.epguides.com/deadlikeme

After losing Betty, George is completly devistated. that is until transfered reaper Daisy Adair arrives. Daisy is two days early so Rube tells her to bunk with George. She complety takes over everything from the bed to the bathroom in the mornings. Meanwhile George is put on the HAPPY TIME bowling team and we see a caring side to George as well as a competive side to Deloris.

b: 01-Aug-2003 pc: 105 w: Dan Fesman and Harry Victor d: David Grossman

NOTE: This episode marks the first appearence of Laura Harris as Daisy Adair, another grimreaper (New grimreaper on the show but not inexperienced).
Jamine Guy does not appear in this Episode

I really enjoy this episode, poor George. Daisy really could get in anyones nerves and seeing how easily she make George feels out of his own house was really funny. I could sympathize with George frustration. Although she accept it too easily, I would have make her fight for it. :D

Krystal :cool:

I missed last weeks ep, and the repeat, but I managed to catch half of this. It looks like Sky One are treating it the same way as they did Jeremiah and the time has become a movable feast.

Anyway, I loved the 'Bowling' and liked 'Daisy on the bed' and 'Ronnie in her room', so I've changed my mind about the show, and if Sky One can work out a schedule for it, then I'll keep watching.

Apparently, it's not on next week because of some kind of Halloween night, though it would seem like the ideal programming to me!

Originally posted by Dave
I missed last weeks ep, and the repeat, but I managed to catch half of this. It looks like Sky One are treating it the same way as they did Jeremiah and the time has become a movable feast.

Is Sky One the Fox of UK? It looks that way. Changing programs to give special programs, cancelling them early etc. That really is frustrating. At least it was for me when a series I like was in Fox except for the big ones like X-Files and 24.

Krystal :p

OT:

I think Sky just has no idea how popular things are going to be as it is usually is first to show American TV shows here. If it doesn't get the ratings it expected then it downgrades them to later time slots or forgets them.

Our system is complicated because not everyone has the satellite channel Sky. The commercial terestrial channel ITV really only competes with the BBC, which is a public service but is paid for by license fee.

Channel 4 and Channel 5 are now beginning to get hold of first run series too, although Channel 5 reception is poor. As digital channels multiply it is getting more complicated.

To be fair BBC are much worse at altering times due to Sport events, but what annoys me is the rubbish that Sky replaces these shows with.

I'm glad that BBC and ITV make home-grown series rather than spend money on American TV, but they should make some SciFi!!

I missed the previous episode too, but this one was good fun. The bowling scenes were fun ,with George's first "hand on her rear" lol, she was hoping it was the creepy bloke not Herbig!!

Good to see some resolution of the story with George's sister and mother... when they met up with the head-reaper guy I thought her mum was going to be on his note at first!!

Song?

There is a song starting around 13 minutes in the episode, just before the mother catches her daughter beneath a tree decorated with toilet seats.

Any idea what this song is?

Status
Not open for further replies.