Those eyes

GryphonMage

This has been bugging me since day one of my Stargate infatuation. Are those the real deal or does Mr. Shanks wear some heavy duty blue contacts? Because even on my tiny little television they are so vivid as to seem impossible. And quite possibly the reason for my infatuation. I think I've been hypotized. Or possibly been the victim of subliminal messaging.

Eyes...

They are his own natural color. Even well fitting contacts can be detected - they tend to slid around the cornea a bit, and looking deeply into those eyes from a distance of less than 12 inches away just last weekend at Gatecon [yes ... inches, not feet], I can assure you those are *not* contacts. ;)

I'll have to post my Gatecon photo to share: Brent Strait [Maj. Ferretti], Steve Makaj [Col. Makepeace], Yours Truely and Michael Shanks [Dr. Daniel Jackson]. It was a *great* con! :D

Rowan <still somewhat lost in the 'Cerulean Haze' as it were...

Wow. Eyes like that may need to be classed as a lethal weapon. Lucky you for getting so close.

Yep I can also say that those eyes are that colour..I had the chance to see him at a con here in the UK and they are really nice eyes....:blush: :kisses:

awwww i want to go to a con and see his eyes. The first time i really noticed them was in Fire and Water. There's a scene in that in which the look even more intensely blue than usual. very dreamy.

Rowen, can't wait to see that pic.

Originally posted by Maria8475
The first time i really noticed them was in Fire and Water. There's a scene in that in which the look even more intensely blue than usual. very dreamy.

Yeah I agree that is a great episode to see those blue eyes.

more than just his eyes.
When he's all wet and strapped to the memory machine... rrow!
'scuse me... I've got an ep to watch!:D

I finially got my Gatecon2003 photos of Michael up. They can be found...

Here:

Here:

and

the example of haveing a *really* good day ...

Here:

:D

Rowan

Great piccies there Rowan...Michael looks really really nice in those ones! :blush: :kisses:

Doesn't he always?:D

It was weird (and of course now I can't remember what ep it was :evil: ) but I swear there was one ep where his eyes looked distinctly green. Still ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS mind you, but definately green. Anybody notice an ep like that, or was it a trick of my set?

I just noticed this...
The date today is 04-04-04...
Neat, huh?:D

Originally posted by Daniel_Jackson
Doesn't he always?:D

It was weird (and of course now I can't remember what ep it was :evil: ) but I swear there was one ep where his eyes looked distinctly green. Still ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS mind you, but definately green. Anybody notice an ep like that, or was it a trick of my set?

Better late than never...here's a reply. Yes, I think there was one ep, but the story is not coming to mind. Season 4 or 5, I think cause I noticed it while watching DVD reruns.

And, there are a few eps where Sam's eyes look very green.
Nys.

Get over yourself. I think Shanks is a little queer.

Comment.

That was a fairly impolite comment. Personal dislike of a character is all well and good, but making personal accusations about an actor is not acceptable behaviour on this forum.

Rowan

OMG: Where have i been for the last 6 months?! Those MS pics are sooo great, Rowen. Thanks. I hope you don't mind me using one as my background.

:D :D :D

Rowan:

Good evening from Canada!!! I hope you're well.

I second you ALL THE WAY about Michael's eyes. Man, I've never seen blue eyes like that on a human being! I met him at the 2006 Toronto Trek. Having eyes that blue should be illegal!!!!;) By the by, the man was an absolute saint! He's a credit to his country and the archangel for whom he is named.

@Garron: Watch it with those types of comments. The man's got four kids and a wife. How you could say anything like that about a sweet guy like Michael is incomprehensible!!!

Indy.

Can you really see if someone's wearing contacts without going really really close? Just interested really. I can't see my husband's without almost touching noses! So I reckon they still could be coloured contacts.:confused:

Back