X-Men: The Last Stand (2006)

There was a little article in the latest SFX mag on this, if anyone wants to know

Bryan Singer hints that X3 will centre on Wolverine's quest for his roots and Jean Gray's transformation into Phoenix. Kelly Hu (Lady Deathstrike) is also signed on again

Can't wait to see this film if this is what's happening.......and even if it's not!

lol well you kinda figure out those plot points from watching the second movie, but anyways *squeals in delight*

X Men III to shoot next year

from SciFi Wire

Stewart: X-Men 3 Stirs

Patrick Stewart told syndicated columnists Marilyn Beck and Stacy Jenel Smith that a third X-Men movie is gearing up. "There are stirrings at Fox now in connection with X-Men 3," Stewart (Professor X) told the columnists.

Stewart added that it's likely he'll return in his role as the psychic paterfamilias of the mutant superheroes. Stewart (Star Trek: The Next Generation), meanwhile, is readying for the launch of his new version of The Lion in Winter, which debuts on Showtime May 23.

X-Men 3 To Shoot In 2005

X-Men producer Lauren Shuler Donner told SCI FI Wire that a third movie in the Marvel Comics franchise is slated to begin filming in Vancouver, B.C., in June 2005, with a release date of May 2, 2006. "I just had a conversation with [director] Bryan [Singer] today," Shuler Donner said in an interview at the Saturn Awards in Los Angeles on May 5. "We just started to talk about what the possibilities are. We're pretty sure Wolverine's going to come back."

Shuler Donner added that she's going to push to add the new mutants Gambit and Beast this time around. "I'm dying to put Beast in," Shuler Donner said. "I tried to get Beast in the first one and the second one, but it was always too expensive. So, yeah, I'm really dying to get Beast in, and I'd love to get Gambit in, because he's such a cool guy. And there's some really good casting ideas for Gambit." She declined to say who was up for the role.

As for Halle Berry—the Oscar-winning actress who has said she's reluctant to return unless her character, Storm, has a lot more to do—Shuler Donner said, "I certainly hope so, because I love working with her. ... We would only write a big huge role for her, so she's right in that respect, and we would make sure that that would happen."

And Shuler Donner confirmed that the third movie will deal, at least in part, with the Dark Phoenix storyline that was planted in the second X-Men movie, X2. "We will follow it through in some respect, absolutely, yes," she said. "And we love Famke [Janssen] anyway, so, yeah. Well, she's Dark Phoenix. She's Jean Grey." The producer added that Michael Dougherty and Dan Harris, who wrote the second film, will pen the third installment.

As for Halle Berry—the Oscar-winning actress who has said she's reluctant to return unless her character, Storm, has a lot more to do—Shuler Donner said, "I certainly hope so, because I love working with her. ... We would only write a big huge role for her, so she's right in that respect, and we would make sure that that would happen."

Well, aside from being grammatically horrid - this is so typical of some of these 'big name' actors -- you'd almost think they'd want a 'little' role sometimes.

True, Storm hasn't played a huge part in the movies, but it is an ensemble cast - so not everyone can be the center of attention. Are the others gonna say similar things? James Marsden? Cyclops hasn't really had a huge part.

I'm just ranting - sometimes actors are whiny - but it would be nice to get some background info on some of the other characters - where they came from and how they came to be who they are -- I love backstory and wanna know more about the characters since I've never read the comic books (wasn't really a comic book person growing up) -- so - backstory is good. Whiny actors is bad ---- ;)

Originally posted by Highlander II
Storm hasn't played a huge part in the movies, but it is an ensemble cast - so not everyone can be the center of attention.

Wolverine has had a lot of screentime though, you could have almost called the first film 'Wolverine'!

Per one of the 4 magazines I bought yesterday - this is slated to drop May 2006 ---

that's a LONG time away from now --- sheesh!

they're supposed to start filming sometime next year...

in the meantime, Hugh Jackman is working on another film, that's also supposed to drop spring 2006 (I think) --- have to find the info on that and drop it in the 'upcoming' section...

x3

Seem`s like good new`s back and forth , left and right.Man that`s
going to be tight.Now fovorit is Beast so if anyone knows please
it`s killing me to know if he`s in this one. Please.Thank you.

I've been hearing some buzz (I can't for the life of me remember from where though :( ) that Joss Whedon is going to be pretty heavily involved in the third movie.

If it's true, I think it'd be a pretty good thing as he's got his roots pretty firmly in the fantasy genre, plus didn't he have something to do with the comics, so he should hopefuly know the characters well!

X-men 3 has a writer --

from: http://movies.go.com/moviesdynamic/movies/movie?id=587853

Simon Kinberg has signed on to write the screenplay. (The Hollywood Reporter)

since I can't find the article and don't have access to it from here - I'll grab it from the Hugh board I post on when I get home

And - there's still the rumor that Joss Whedon will direct - this, AFAIK, hasn't been confirmed.

I can't wait for this film to come out - i loved the first 2 movies, and its such a shame that they ahvent even started the filming on X-Men 3 yet :(

Itwould be great if Joss Whedon were to be involved with it somehow - he did so well with buffy and angel and it would make the next film even better :D

I think they're supposed to start filming later this year??? maybe - if it's got a May 2006 release - they'd have to.

I don't know much more than that, except that Patrick Stewart, Hugh Jackman and, IIRC, the other primaries from the 1st two are signed on.

I'll see what's on the Hugh Jackman board - they've got the stuff up-to-date-ish over there. ;)

X-Men 3

Hi all,
Just thought I'd post a bit more on the latest (and more than likely last) instalment of the X-Men franchise.

Filming is due to start in August of this year, aiming for a July 2006 release.

Hugh Jackman has already confirmed he will reprise his role as Wolverine and indeed has confirmed this week that he will be filiming "Wolverine" a spin-off movie, not long after wrapping up X3.
Scott Marsden, Patrick Stewart & Famke Janssen are all likely to return.
Kitty Pryde is also to be given a bigger role in this movie.

It's probably fairly safe to say that this has been a 'troubled' production with numerous directors & writers involved at one point or another.
Brett Ratner (director of Rush Hour) is the latest to be offered the poisoned chalice.
It is already confirmed that Kelsey Grammer will be playing Beast along with Gambit (possibly an actor called Scott Madej) and (the yet uncast) Angel.

There's still rumours about the Juggernaut (hopefully not Vinnie Jones as earlier rumoured!) being involved, along with the Dark Phoenix storyline (although this is not to be the main storyline).

Rumours persist that the main story will revolve around the Sentinels and it's also hinted that several "main" X-Men will be killed off during the movie (probably not Wolverine due to the planned spin-off movie)

Let's see how the last of the trilogy pans out.... :)

Re: X-Men 3

sounds grand! any news on wether or not ian maclellan will reprise his role? i seem to remember him kicking some serious sential ass in the animated series:D

Princess Ivy said:
sounds grand! any news on wether or not ian maclellan will reprise his role? i seem to remember him kicking some serious sential ass in the animated series:D

I hope so, but with all these new characters I don't know how much screen time he'll get! :)

thats always been the problem with such an ensamble book. knowing which characters to devote screen time to. I know they had planned to feature jubilee for more than just her brief appearance in x2, but simply didn't have the time for it.