3.01: The Xindi

mordy

Teal'c of Chulak
This was taken from Startrek.com

Warning Spoilers*******

Six weeks into the Delphic Expanse, Captain Archer and his crew learn of a Xindi working at a mining colony, and set out to track him down and gain information about the mysterious race. But when Trip and Archer get caught in a deadly trap, Enterprise's newest crew members, a squad of Military Assault Command Operation soldiers (MACOs), must rush to free them. Meanwhile, T?Pol suggests an intriguing Vulcan cure for Trip's vivid nightmares of his sister's death.

After reading that it looks like Enterprise is off to a good start i'm very excited to see the episodes of season 3, unfortunatley because i live in australia we won't get to see any of season 3 for at least another year because we are half way through seeing season 2 right now.

So if anyone knows where i might be able to view or download this episode please pm me with details but DO NOT post them on this thread as i know ascfi doesn't condone piracy :rolly2:

Actaully you got the lagist of what the first episode of season 3 is about. There is the added thing of T'Pol helping trip out getting over the death of his sister. Apperantly there are more than one species of Xindi. It is so freakin awsome this new turn of events. I am really enjoying the new direction this series is taking. There are some blatent ripoffs of other science fiction shows. Like the previws for the next episode showed them doing an interigation move that was in Firefly. I am not happy about that. Sorry you can't see them in australia defenetly worth the **** from the first two seasons.

Originally posted by tuco
How far into Season 2 have you seen mordy?

Well the last ep i remember watching on tv was 'Futures tense' but i have actually seen all of season 2 because a friend of mine had them burnt all onto vcd so i managed to watch them.

I can understand that. I try to record everything thats cool (Enterprise, StargateSG1, Andromeda, The Simpsons, Futurama and a few misc others) and then burn them to CD. I use to ship the SG1 epps to my cousin in Japan (there is no piracy in giving them away for free).

What a great episode :D This looks like its gonna be a good season. But, did the intro change a little?
:blpaw:

The words are the same, but the backround music is a little more up-beat. It seems kind of funny that they have "stepped-back" from the whole temporal cold-war thing. I also wonder If we will get to see the formation of the "Federation" durring the series. I guess those questions are a little to big. How about this. How much of season 3 will the Xindi story be? Will that room full of crazy cargo ever chill-out?

I don't think they have stepped back from the temporal war thing. I bet we'll see that the Xindi were lied to by that dark future guy.

EDIT: This ep had a different FEEL to it than the past eps. There was no cut and dry ending. Everything didn't end peachy for our crew. There was more fighting instead of the typical sterile quick fixes. The show seemed to exhibit a slightly better big picture plot style. I like how they got to the coordinates and the entire planet was destroyed. I like the look and feel of the camera work/props. It reminded me of Aliens. It seems to be going in a good direction.

Originally posted by gr8scott

EDIT: This ep had a different FEEL to it than the past eps. There was no cut and dry ending. Everything didn't end peachy for our crew. There was more fighting instead of the typical sterile quick fixes. The show seemed to exhibit a slightly better big picture plot style. I like how they got to the coordinates and the entire planet was destroyed. I like the look and feel of the camera work/props. It reminded me of Aliens. It seems to be going in a good direction.
I decided not to watch Enterprise Series 2, after being terribly disappinted with the first season and the beginning of Season two. I decided to take a look at this episode to see if anything had changed, and you know what? I think I might be watching this year.

I have read quiet scathing reviews of the new season on places like ain't it cool, but I was pleasantly surprised by the new tone.
I can't really describe what exactly is different, but having the attack on Earth as the backdrop to these stories gives us a sense of tragedy which is reminiscent of Deep Space Nine, and yet a greater sense of urgency. I hope that the writers are able to continue the 'quest' element of the series without the storyline becoming Voyager-like serials.

The Xindi council was strangely reminiscent of Star Wars, wasn't it?

Originally posted by Tabitha

I haven't seen this yet, but when I first heard about the Xindi I immediately thought of Genosis.

I don't mind at all if it works, they can copy and rework anything they like as long as the final product is fresh and original and exciting. I'm looking forward to it.

Originally posted by Tabitha

I decided not to watch Enterprise Series 2, after being terribly disappinted with the first season and the beginning of Season two. I decided to take a look at this episode to see if anything had changed, and you know what? I think I might be watching this year.

I have read quiet scathing reviews of the new season on places like ain't it cool, but I was pleasantly surprised by the new tone.
I can't really describe what exactly is different, but having the attack on Earth as the backdrop to these stories gives us a sense of tragedy which is reminiscent of Deep Space Nine, and yet a greater sense of urgency. I hope that the writers are able to continue the 'quest' element of the series without the storyline becoming Voyager-like serials.

I got bored in the middle of S1 but S2 brought me back into Enterprise. It did get better.

Originally posted by skoon

I got bored in the middle of S1 but S2 brought me back into Enterprise. It did get better.
I am trying to catch up on Season Two now, I never really gave it much of a chance.

The first 40 minutes was great. We see Archer as an action-man again. It has the best action sequences since the first episode 'Broken Bow' or the Andorians at the Vulcan monastery. And it was filled with real plot and details about the Xindii.

But why did they have to spoil it and stick that embarrasing 'T'Pol and Trip taking their tops off' part at the end. Personally, I'm not at all interested in seeing Jolene Blalock's breasts, but if I was she has already shown them in 'Maxim' magazine, so no need to freeze frame an Enterprise episode.

Anyway, I think she is much less attractive than Linda Park. Hoshi and Travis again got very little to do in this episode.

We wondered where the rommance part would appear to help fill spaces. So we have Phlox playing matchmaker.

Still at least Star Fleet have found people who can more or less shoot in the right direction!
Strange that Reed thinks his security crowd can?
Still special forces are never particularly popular with civilian authorities

I forgot to mention that I did like the scenes with Reed too.

I don't think it was just a 'civilian-military thing' problem with him. He is supposedly from a military background himself. I saw it as more him losing his authority to the MACOs. He was the armoury officer before. He fired off all the weapons and brought the phase pistols out of their case. Now he has to compete with the new guys.

Anyway, it gave him his best scenes since the series began.

In that case shouldn't Reed recognise the difference between being an Military Plod or plumber and a mud hugging squaddy?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Enterprise (ENT) 0
R Enterprise (ENT) 2