Can someone explain to me how/why "Alias" is "Scifi"?

Tabitha

Save Angel!
I keep seeing Alias articles in SF magazines and on SF websites. I haven't watched that much Alias, but the few episodes I have seen make it pretty clear it has a present-day James Bond vibe. Why does it keep getting billed as Scifi?

I just don't get it :confused:

Think it is supposed to be a teeny version of X-Files. But without the acting, story or point. It is pretty dire

A lot of cult tv shows get classed as sci-fi simply *because* of their cult status.

*shrugs*

Although i heartily disagree with Ray, i've watched two episodes of season 2 (of 3) and i'm quickly becoming attached to its fast-paced mix of action and drama :)

I wouldn't class it as scifi/fantasy, but it is established in the first season that a man called Rambaldi in the 1400's prophesized about a lot of things, including an end-of-the-world type thing, maybe this has something to do with it although i'm not convinced.

I don't watch the show (seen it once) but from what I've read, the third season makes the Rambaldi aspect of the shows mythology much clearer.

Apparently, Rambaldi had documents written in machine code, drawings of future technology, and artifacts -- all that were not invented in the 1400's. Some kind of time travel is involved somewhere along the line, and this is now the puzzle that Sydney must solve.

So, it's not just about spies and double-agents.

Anyway, that's why I'm allowing it to have a mini-forum.

yeah, it's kind of like the pretender was in the end (though this one's not at the end). in the begining that one was all about jarod's strange abilities and finding his family, but in the end it was equally about the fact that the triad wanted him because of some sacred scrolls

yep, it has some sci fi and spy stuff in the mix, it´s really good, i love it