actor cast fo carter's love in chimera!(spoilers)

thor4713

Stargate rules forever
Yet another DeLuise family member will make an appearance on Stargate SG-1. Actor David DeLuise has been cast as Pete Shannon, a love interest for Samantha Carter (Amanda Tapping) in the late Season Seven episode "Chimera." (Beware of some minor spoilers for this episode in the story below!)

Tapping talked about the upcoming episode -- a very different role for Major Carter -- in a recent interview with Zap2It. "I've spent the morning naked in bed with a man," Tapping reported. "Let's talk, because it's the first time my character's had sex in seven years. Carter finally gets a boyfriend who does not die, for the first time."

"It's the first time you'll see Carter in some sexy skivvies," the actress continued. "I got to wear skirts and heels, and at the end of the night, this very sexy dress. He takes her out dancing. I just spent the morning naked ... so, a whole new departure for this character."

"As an actress, I'm so sick of Army boots and my P-90. Yet, last Friday, we're shooting all this stuff where I was in frocks and this beautiful dress, and I felt so out of my element. I went, 'If I could do this scene with a P-90, I'd be OK.' I have these smoking 3-inch heels and this dress, and I felt completely vulnerable."

DeLuise has appeared in numerous films and television shows, with notable recurring roles in the short-lived NBC comedy Jesse, and the long-running 3rd Rock from the Sun. He has also made guest appearances on SeaQuest DSV, Lois and Clark, C.S.I., and more

David is the younger brother of SG-1 director, writer and producer Peter DeLuise. Father Dom played the titular character in Season Three's "Urgo," while brother Michael played actor Nick Marlowe ("Colonel Danning") in Season Five's "Wormhole X-Treme!"

Read the complete article, in which Tapping also discusses her character's very personal feelings for Colonel O'Neill (as well as her desire to not be defined by that relationship) at Zap2It. "Chimera" is expected to air in early 2004 on The Sci-Fi Channel
:alienooh: :alienooh: :alienooh:

Thanks for the info...but I moved the thread to the S7 section as I think this is where it should be.

So is it certain that her boyfriend doesn't die? What do you all think will happen to him?

LOL..........beat me to it Summer!

I thought it was more Season 7 than general discussion.

Interesting though. I read the Zap2It article and she goes on a lot about being naked in bed with David Deluise. Seems to me that Stargate is becoming a 'nepotism' centred show though! Surely there must have been other actors around.

Shame if he gets killed off though, but with him being Peter DeLuise's brother, I reckon he'll stay alive and they'll just have a tear jerking parting between his character and Sam.

Can't kill off one of the hallowed 'DeLuise' people now can we, even if it is just a TV character!

:eek: :rolleyes: :evil: :evil: :D

You know, I really, really, really wish they'd stop writing Sam as a blonde bimbo, and go back to treating her as a highly intelligent scientist and dedicated U.S.A.F. officer! :angryfire

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From 'Brief Candle':

Thetys: Husband, the child is near... Please...

Alekos - looking to SG-1, in panic: The midwife is gone, I do not know the birthing mysteries, and the village is too far. Please...help us."

Sam - wide-eyed in horror as everyone looks to her: "What? Don't look at me, I don't know what to do!.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:lol: Now that's my Sam - one of the boys. :D

Are T.P.T.B. incapable of writing strong female characters these days? F.C.O.L., she must've gone through hell 'n' high water to get to her current position - and I don't mean naked in bed with David DeLuise here. She's also been in a lot of hairy situations in saving the planet (and without ever smudging the make-up too :rolleyes: ) so why do they keep having her go weak at the knees every time some half-way attractive looking man appears on the scene?

On the plus side, it seems that at least she won't be required to infringe Frat. Regs. or Chain of Command protocol. Pity they killed off Martouf. :( He was ideal for her.

Best wishes,
Hatshepsut :wave:
--

Anni he's not going to be around for many eps is he? If it's just the occasional cameo that should be bearable.

Hatshepsut She seems to play the scientist role in every episode. Why do you think she's such a bimbo?

Kelsi

ROTFLMAO....I honestly don't care whether he's around or not. Cameo or recurring role. As a character Sam less than interests me, whether she has a boyfriend isn't going to either make or break my day! I hate the fact that they put so much of the team's private life in the darned episodes and leave out so much of the stuff that is interesting - like the exploration and Mythology and decent believable enemies.

God I would pay real money to see a decent episode with those in it and which didn't deal with some sort of bloody team angst!

:D :D :D

Um, I wasn't trying to be funny. :( I know what you mean, but to their credit, I'm sure they only do 2 eps for each char per season max... They have to try and please everyone. Tho I miss having a decent enemy too - but thought there were hints at something coming up in Season 7?

Ah, you managed to sneak in a post just before me. :)

Actually, I was agreeing with Anni's
God I would pay real money to see a decent episode with those in it and which didn't deal with some sort of bloody team angst!
Sorry. :(

Although I do like the character of Sam. If only they'd write her like the strong character she has to be to have got into S.G.-1 in the first place! I think it would work a whole lot better if they just forgot she's female and write as they would if she had a Y-chromosome. That way, they might write a few more stories with proper plots like wot Anni and I would like. :D

Best wishes,
--

I know Amanda Tapping has pointed out that Sam can't keep a boyfriend who doesn't die. So far, though, Teal'c and Daniel haven't been all that lucky in love either. Both have lost their wives, Teal'c couldn't hang on to Shonac, Daniel watched as Sarah became a Goa'uld and Kera turned out to be Linnea -- very hot, of course, but still a 'destroyer of worlds' if she can remember how.

On the other hand, Jack has been scoring nicely with women scattered about on primitive planets and an ex-wife who at least talks to him.

The underlying TV truth is that the writers like to keep their options open, writing love interests that do not prevent a main character from picking up with someone else next episode. So having the occasional fling is fine, but commitment in love makes for a very boring series.

Not necessary for love to die. Just that the rest of the team has to follow Jack's lead -- leaving a babe in every port.

Hm, correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that 'Stargate S.G.-1' is a *science*fiction programme, not a Harlequin romance or a soap opera? Sam as Super-Bimbo is getting a bit stale...

Think the writers need to renew their acquaintance with Air Force Instruction 36-2909 regarding unprofessional conduct. Assuming they've actually heard of it, that is. :rolleyes:

Please, give us back our dedicated Major Carter - dedicated to the job, that is.

Best wishes,
--

<sigh> I'd be absolutely ecstatic if they just gave me back a Sci-Fi show. I am so bloody tired of watching these tired old 'Sam and Jack, will they won't they scenarios' or the episodes where one or t'other get some kind of love interest through travelling somewhere. I can take the occasional reference to earth politics and the ramifications, I would LOVE to have a peep at the inner workings of the Goa'uld and their empire instead of listening to the tedious whinings about whether Daniel/Jack/Teal'c get enough air time or Sam gets a bloody life. Why can't they just make her get a life, refer to it and her boyfriend occasionally within a normal episode script and let it be at that? Jack could say something like "So....Carter you doing anything tonight?" and she could reply "Sorry Colonel, can't do the jello wrestling thing, I have a dinner date with ??????". Then we'd all know that there was a long suffering boyfriend in the background and perhaps everybody would stop going on about it.

For god's sake, the woman is meant to be a 30-something professional military officer and a serious scientist! What in heaven's name IS this garbage about whether she has a life or a boyfriend or whether her hair is long or short........or even whether she lives in a house or apartment and wears sexy lingerie. This stuff is food for the fanfic writers who more often than not do an absolutely stunning job of filling in these more tedious aspects, not for the professional scriptwriters who are supposed to be providing a smart, intelligent show with a strong Sci Fi premise.

Why can't they make the Lost City a kick-ass story featuring the mythology surrounding Atlantis, the Ancients, the ancient Goa'uld the whole bloody nine yards. Give the team a blindingly meaty episode where they can ALL have their chance. Daniel could do what he does best, Jack can do the soldier part, Sam can technobabble and Teal'c can offer words of wisdom from Goa'uld history as told to the Jaffa.

Instead we get another episode where Carter's tedious attempts at having a relationship are rehashed, once again. Like I really give a rat's a@ss!

:D ;) :evil:

big spoiler

we'll, it's either this ep or one that closely follows that was filmed at the end of my street. At some point apparently Sam's new boyfriend get's offed by Osiris...so we learned...perhaps that's when the crew accidently scorched the grass people have been asking me to dig up & put up for auction at Sekh's party as the item labled 'SG burnt this' :rolleyes: