7.20: Inauguration

Arc_Angel

Mr. Flibble is very cross
Inauguration

SPOILERS
The first sketchy info on a late Season Seven episode is finally available! "Inauguration" is currently being penned by co-executive producers Joseph Mallozzi and Paul Mullie, and rounds out the season's 22 episodes. The episode will likely air in February or early March, before the season finale, "The Lost City." Beware of some minor spoilers below.

Mallozzi mentioned the episode in a chat at AXN this weekend, telling fans that "'Inauguration' will see the return of an old enemy and set up the big, BIG two-part season finale."

Just what does the episode deal with? It's anyone's guess at this point -- but considering that the out-going President of the United States is mentioned in "Heroes" and the newly-elected President appears in "The Lost City," the title "Inauguration" may be telling. Could that "old enemy" be none other than Senator Kinsey, who appears as Vice President in the season finale?

Thanx to Gateworld for the inof for more info look to www.gateworld.net

:D

na I think it's going to be the long awaited 'Apophrecator' :D

IIRC, this is a clip show so, yeah, i don't expect it to rank way up there on the wowie scale....although as lack luster as s7 has been thus far, it wouldn't take much to better what we've had so far.

i did notice one interesting thing in the pic....behind the prez, isn't that Whitlow? Hammond's contact from Touchstone????

Yeah it was one of the "holiday video" type episodes but i still though it was well worth a watch and good.

The new President doesn't seem too shabby and there were a few moments where what he did just made me laugh :laugh:. VP Kinsey is really concentrating and trying to achienve his agenda and then they cut for a break. Oh it is always good and has to give you a warm glow when you see Kinsey and his plans get screwed.

The Woolsey thing i was sort of expecting, well not straight away but his reaction to Kinsey saying "things happen" suggeste he wasn't to keen on those kind of things. You never know he could do a 180 on everyone but doesn't look like it at the minue. Appears to be turning into one of those "he maybe an annoying ***hole but he's our kind of annoying ***hole" characters.

Nick, :cool:

Well i have to say i do not agree with you nick there was only about twenty minuites of new footage and all the rest was flashbacks to previous epsoides,9 i might add i'm not dissing it tottaly it did have a lot of rellavence for the lost city when they were not flashbacking,and i realy do not like termonology being used like
Please mr presidant let them save the world one more time- Head of Joint Chiefs
.Just lets hope they were saving all the money to blow our heads off in THE LOST CITY 1+2

ZAT

This is another money-saving "bottle" and "clips" show, and my how they must be saving up a lot of money for 'The Lost City'. I hope it's worth it!

As "holiday-video-type" episodes go it was better than most. If you stopped me half-way through I would have told you to give it a miss, but as Nick 0208 Ldn says, stick with it because there are some funny moments, and by the end I was quite enjoying it.

It's good to know that Hammond kept that floppy disk handy in the top drawer of his desk for just the right occassion to arrive, and that he had made more copies just in case he needed them. You see, that's why he isn't afraid of a courts martial!

Actually, I thought that Wolsey seemed a little lost at the end; totally out of his depth. He thought that he was a honourable man doing the honourable thing, but he is really only a small cog in the wheel of a corrupt establishment.

Ooooooh, I've actualy done a full summary of this episode.

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

Feel free to repost this summary, but dont forget to credit me and please include a link back to ReVamped .

Episode 20 - Inauguration

Episode due to air in the US:
March 5, 2004

Quick review of the episode (scribbled down during each advert break, so excuse the bad English)

The episode begins with the new President (William Devane) savouring his first day in power, wondering who all the people following him around are, and shucking off his shoes in the Oval office, so that he can have a quick foot bask on the big oval rug!
He's interrupted in his enjoyment of the moment by a General (can't remember his last name, he's been in a couple of episodes before, Mr Pres calls him Frances) The Pres seems to like him. The Pres is informed of the SG1 (we get a bit of a fun 'No, really' moment).
Next scene is the Pres confronting Kinsey (who is now Vice President... booo, hisss) about his knowledge of the stargate programme. The President is not at all happy about being kept in the dark. Kinsey, being his usual slimy duplicitous self, tries to talk the President into changing the Command at the Stargate. The President obviousley doesn't trust Kinsey (and lets face it, who would?) so he goes through all the files he has on SGC, and he has a chat with the General who's name I can't remember.
Now, I'm not normally a fan of William Devane, but he's excellently cast as the President. He brings a decent amount of humour and a cynical outlook to the role. Yet he still comes across as a basicly decent and likeable individual.
There is then a meeting of The Pres, Kinsey, General Frances whatever, and Wolsey (Robert Picardo of Voyager fame) to decide the future of the SGC. We then get the Cliff notes version of the last 7 years of the Stargate program, complete with lots of lovely flashbacks to earlier episodes. After giving the President all the info (from his point of view) Kinsey wants to know how SG1 and Hammond can be trusted. The President reply's that they seem to have been doing OK so far. Everyone else leaves for a break, but Kinsey stays. He looks like he's swallowed a wasp!
The Pres says that he's going to give SG1 the benefit of the doubt and leave them alone. He also tells Kinsey not to forget for one second who the President is!
The conference about the future of SGC reconvenes, and, amongst other stuff, Wolsey brings up Sam and Jacks' supposedly innapropriate feelings for each other (cue more flashbacks) The President says that he's heard enough and dismisses everyone.
Later, Kinsey and Wolsey have a quiet little chat. Kinsey says that not to worry, the President will eventualy come round to his way of thinking, One way or another, He'll (Kinsey) will win.... da, duh Dummm... *sinister look!* Wolsey looks pretty worried.
The President and General whojamieflip are talking, and The General fills the President in about the danger of the System Lords, especialy Anubis. We get Flashbacks of Anubis blowing the merry heck outa things, then of a clone soldier blowing the merry heck outa things and lastly an army of clone soldiers getting ready to blow the... yeah, you get the picture... Anubis = Big scary bad!
The General explains that the best way to defeat Anubis is to find the Lost City of the Ancients. Since SG1 is close to finding the Lost City, they shouldn't be replaced. The President points out that SG1 have made a lot of mistakes and a lot of enemies.
Next scene is Wolsey , secretly meeting General whosits. He warns The General about Kinsey, telling him he thinks he's capable of anything, including assasination. The General tells Wolsey to find proof.
At the SGC, Hammond is a bit 'put out' by the appearance of Wolsey. Wolsey tells Hammond that he stands by his case against SG1, but he's worried about Kinsey. He thinks that the assasination attempt made on Kinsey propelled him to go back into the rogue element of the NID. Wolsey knows that Hammond has something on Kinsey and he wants to know what it is.
Flashback to Maybourn and Jack finding out all about Kinseys involvement with the NID. Hammond gives Wolsey a copy of the disk with all the information about Kinsey on it.
Next scene is Wolsey handing the disk to the President!

THE END

Sounds a lot like Politics for the clippy lead-in to a finale, and Disclousure in it's clippiness and political stuff. I will find out in 10 days though here in the US.

Originally posted by Spacenewt
Now, I'm not normally a fan of William Devane, but he's excellently cast as the President. He brings a decent amount of humour and a cynical outlook to the role. Yet he still comes across as a basicly decent and likeable individual.
"decent and likeable" - they're hardly qualities for a President are they? ;)

for once I didn't find myself bored with a clip episode! I like the new president...he better put Kinsey in his place!;)

Originally posted by skoon
I like the new president...he better put Kinsey in his place!;)
Now I would reckon that anyone these days who gets to be President is at least acquainted with slime-balls, if not actually being one... so he should spot Kinsey a mile off...

Bleehhh!

I like William Devane as the new president but c'mon. With so few shows left, does a clip show have any place? I know story lines need to be set up but I was barely able to sit through this one. Most of this season has been that way.

Used to be there was no way I would fall asleep during Stargate. Several have been snoozers so far and this one wins the prize. Maybe I'm just getting old and grouchy! :eek:

SJ1

Re: Bleehhh!

Originally posted by {ACA} SJ1
I know story lines need to be set up but I was barely able to sit through this one.
Well normally they're used because the budget has already been used up... which seems bizarre, because to be honest the two parts of Lost City were pretty normal in SFX terms. In fact the whole series seemed just like any other with no real "big" show-off of money... except perhaps the 100+ prosthetics at the finale of "Enemy Mine" ;). All of which agrees with you - why bother with a clip show - the rest of the series was so poor it should have had money left over...

A lot of the budget probably went into RDA's pocket. Keeping him on, even in his lessened schedule, was probably costly.

I didn't like this episode. Watched it again last night before Lost City I came on. It was OK for the first viewing, but the second viewing was hard to sit through. Boring, boring, boring. The whole episode I was like "I don't care! Where's SG-1?". Disclosure was a similar episode, but it's written in a way that I can actually watch it and enjoy it still. Might be because there's Davis and Hammond. Inaugeration only had Kinsey, whom I hate and is usually only interesting when he's onscreen with O'Neill. The episode just bored me to tears, and nothing even really happens in it. Boo! Possibly the worst episode in Season 7, goes up there with Lifeboat.

Back