7.21: The Lost City (part 1)

Penguin

The Lost City (parts 1 info so far)

If you wish to reprint, re-copy all material in between ****s. Please do NOT edit or delete information. Thanks!

The first spoilers on the pilot for the spin-off appear to be out! As
with many other series, the pilot for a spin-off series are done as a regular episode.

THE LOST CITY (part 1 of 2)
(focuses on – the spin-off series?)
Written by Brad Wright & Robert C. Cooper
Directed by Martin Wood

The SGC suffers a shocking upheaval when the White House becomes
directly involved in saving the world. President Hayes relieves
General Hammond of his command and appoints Dr. Theresa Wright, a
brilliant and world famous scientist, total control of the project.
She's not a big fan of the military at all, and was shocked to learn
of the Stargate's existence. Yet even worse than her appointment, is
that Senator Kinsey is now Vice President.

While Kinsey believes he can now control the project to his own ends,
he discovers Dr. Wright has a mind of her own, and she must decide
who to back – Kinsey or Hammond. This all comes at a time during an
extremely crucial mission.

Other info: Jack is injured during a mission. Hammond visits the
White House, as the President is an old friend of his from long ago.

Guest cast includes Dr. Theresa Wright, President Henry Hayes, Vice
President Kinsey (boo hiss), Michelle, Bra'tac, Ronan, Aide, General
Pearson, General Gibson.

Tidbits: Word is that this two parter is the `pilot' for the spin-off
series, and that Dr. Wright will be in the series.

-- thanks to 'ferret' for the tip

< http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sg1_spoilme >

This is weird. They had better not be breaking up Stargate Command. I think this sounds pretty bad, and why does the President all of the sudden have a name? The entire SG-1 run they have said "The President" and avoided showing him because they were trying to have the show take place in our time and universe.

Looking at the guest-stars...looks like some of those names are going to make up the cast of Atlantis. How great would it be for Bra'Tac to be amongst them? :)

I'm hoping this info is like draft information and that Kinsey ISn"t the second in charge. Gads, if that's the case, they should get Harry Mayborne back from whatever rock he's on to uh, 'deal' with the situation!

Yes, noticed the Wright name - Brad Wright <G>

I can't help myself

Originally posted by Penguin
I'm hoping this info is like draft information and that Kinsey ISn"t the second in charge. Gads, if that's the case, they should get Harry Mayborne back from whatever rock he's on to uh, 'deal' with the situation!

Yes, noticed the Wright name - Brad Wright <G>

Even better....

Harry Mayborne for president!

If only they would let people convicted of treason become president...

Oh, I thought this was the pilot to Atlantis, not the 2-Part Finale/Crossover ep. In that case: It sucks. This DOES NOT sound like a good episode of Stargate, and it might be the WORST series finale ever! It seems like the entire SG-1 cast will take a back seat to all of the new charecters. I really hope what we have heard so far is only a SMALL part of the episode...

I personally prefer it to be military orientated, I don't really want to watch a bunch of scientists running around, we have seen how dangerous the Stargate world is for the military so quite how they justify turning it into a non military project is beyond me.

I Don't like the sound of this spin off show at all, if it takes the direction I think it is then I probably wont get past watching the 1st Season.

I agree

Originally posted by adamsh
I personally prefer it to be military orientated, I don't really want to watch a bunch of scientists running around, we have seen how dangerous the Stargate world is for the military so quite how they justify turning it into a non military project is beyond me.

I Don't like the sound of this spin off show at all, if it takes the direction I think it is then I probably wont get past watching the 1st Season.

I agree. My problem though isn't it being turned into a civilian project, but rather, if I have to see Kinsey on-screen more than "every now and then", I'll stop watching as well. I don't know what it is about the actor who plays him, but I just don't enjoy his acting at all. I know Kinsey the character is supposed to rub us all the wrong way, but so are the Goa'uld, and the Russians, and the Replicators, and all the other "enemies at some level" characters. Kinsey is the only one I don't want to see on screen. heh.

The SGC MUST LIVE ON. I DO NOT want to see Jack, Hammond and all the others to go away. I thought Atlantis was going to be an off-world show. Make it like that or something, and leave SG-1's story alone. I want them to be able to come back for a 8th season, and/or occasional TV movies within the next years.

Yeah, what I have heard about Atlantis so far sounds really dumb. I am not going to pass judgement until I see the pilot, but for now I am skeptical. The military and "real world" aspects of SG-1 is what makes it stand out from all the other Scifi shows out there (I can't watch any of them). Take that away and it's just going to suck.

Actually, the pilot for ATLANTIS will be two episodes of SG1 from the looks of it. CSI did this with CSI: MIAMI. The CSI episode was called "Cross Jurisdictions", but it was the pilot for the spinoff show.

A show will build a pilot episode within its regular episodes in order to gain the maximum exposure possible with its already established audience in the hopes that when the spinoff starts up, the viewers will watch it as well.

I think introducing the charecters and premise of the series is a good idea, but the episode MUST still be about SG-1 and feature those charecters pre-dominatly. So far, this sounds like SG-1 will hardly be in it. We'll see though....

Season 8, so I can live with the 7 finale being a cross-over pimp.

There are new MAJOR SPOILERS for this episode (including the second part) and one of the sites almost has the whole episode detailed out......so I will just link to it as there is far too much info and not all of you will want to readd ALL of the spoilers

Here: http://www.gateworld.net/news/episodeupdate.html#newsitem1058555819,23944,

Here: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sg1_spoilme/message/6930

[Beware Contains FULL SPOILERS!!!!!]
Here: http://www.savedanieljackson.com/news/sz/lost_city.shtml

:D

s
p
o
i
l
e
r
s

for those who are antsy on this stuff.

SG1_Spoilme - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sg1_spoilme -- reports that "There is a VERY strong possibility that Jessica Steen will be cast as Dr. Theresa Weir in the two-part episode.

Visit <http://www.jessicasteen.com/news.html> for more details on Jessica Steen, who many fans know from her role in the NBC sci-fi series EARTH II as well as roles in OUTER LIMITS and ARMAGEDDON. She will be filming the SG-1 episode "The Lost City," and since there appears to be only one female doctor to cast, she will be Dr. Weir.

-- thanks to George Cifrancis for this great tip!

...Jack dying, Hammond dismissed, Carter and O'Neill saying sweet things to each other..mmm..it sounds to me like a series finale, not a season's finale. Sounds kinda good actually, I just think that doing a spin off is a bad bad idea...very bad idea...I don't know why I have a feeling that this just won't work, that the chemistry won't be there...and besides I thik it's just a bad idea to do spin offs in general..ok just for Stargate..

Spin-offs are good if you do it right. If you evolve it right. The second series needs to be differant, but set in the same universe and stuff. Not sure if they are going to pull it off with Atlantis...so little is known about it still, it almost seems like they don't know WHAT to do and are making it up as they go along, which will mean that it is forced and will prolly suck stinky cheese-style.

Origionally posted at Gateworld
"Dr. Theresa Weir is also invited to the Oval Office to meet with President Hayes. She has two PhDs, speaks five languages, and has negotiated a dozen international treaties -- she's a scholar, a scientist, and a diplomat.
From this description Weir appears to resemble a classic Mary Sue character. Some of her actions reported in spoilers also seem to support this.
Moderate spoilers:
She is given control over the SGC, becomes heavily involved in Earth's politics and is faced with a dillema of whether to support SG1.

Wow! I never noticed that before Sindri, Dr. Weir does sound very much like a Mary Sue, if she gets romantically involved with either of the guys then that seals her label as Mary Sue!

Despite that I am looking foreward to LC, as it was going to be the film so it should be quite an amazing episode, plus it's centered on Jack, which means we might get to see him a bit more than usual! :)

I have no idea what Atlantis is about, the last I heard was it was going to be set in the past hence opening up the possibility that Martouf may make an apparence, or it was going to be about the Ancients. That's how far behind I am on the roumers.

Also this naming of the presdient unnerves me slightly, they have always kept it blank to fit in with current times to make it more believeable. Which is one of the things I love about the show as it is believeable enough to think that it could be happening right now. I'm worried that they will start taking it off into a more sci-fi direction and become as believable as Star Trek.

One last thing Kinsey as VP?! NOOOO! I wish they would get Maybourne back, if not only for the great scenes he has with Jack, but to get rid of that annoying Kinsey. Why couldn't the guy have shot him in the head in Season 6?! (Sorry there isn't a character I hate more than Kinsey, Anubis doesn't come close, though mind you Ba'al comes a very close second.)

Liz