X-men: Pheoinix(spell) Saga

libelula

Stinkin Human
Okay at the end of the movie x-men two there is the scene clearly indicating they are going to take on the pheionx saga in x-men three. All I know about this saga is what I saw in the cartoonh back in fifth grade (I am now a rising junior in college). Someone told me that in fact Grey does not become inhabited by a supernatural being as seen in the cartoon, but instead the rise in her power is all her, she becomes corrupted then becomes dark pheonix ,and commits suicide. The incron crystal **** isn´t in the comic. Then someone else told me that she is infact inhabited by something. who is telling the truth?

Here's what i have been able to piece together from flashbacks. After a space mission Jean Grey is exposec to cosmic rays via Fantastic Four. She then becomes superpowerful. Somehow she becomes unhinged and dsroys an alien planet. After a few battles she regains her sences long enough to commit suicide.

Then years later it is found out that Jean Grey while on that space mission has replaced by the Phoenix force who was overwhelm by human emotion and Jean Grey was in stasis the entire time.

That's all i firguredas I said i only know the story through flashbacks.

ZachWZ

of course its confusing, it is, after all, Marvel :)

but you've basically got it right.

Jean was piloting a shuttle on the way back to earth when she was exposed to radiation and the phoenix force heard her telepathic cries for help, and came to her. there, the phoenix force offered to save the other X-men on the shuttle and her own life. so she, it, whatever, placed Jean in suspended animation to slowly recover from the radiation poisoning, and took on Jean's form and psyche.
Then Phoenix went insane, I'm guessing from the sensory overload of being human and not like a god, and she destroyed many worlds. Then in the midst of this confusion Jean's psyche asserted itself, and horrified at annihilating so many worlds, she committed suicide. or something along those lines.

so anyways, scott was devastated, but the part of Jean's pysche that Phoenix took was returned to her, and she woke up. And thats basically it.

eh, it always takes so much work to make sense of all of Marvel's plot twists, but hey, thats why I read it :)

yea, this time its like the phoenix force came from inside her. about the only thing that's the same is the fact that she got buried under water. well... whatever happens it's gotta be good, for their own sakes. lol.

*sniff* i cant belive pyro went with Magneto... he's my fav character next to Iceman... and shawn ashmore *drools*. :)

Back