7.12: Evolution - Part Two

Arc_Angel

Mr. Flibble is very cross
Evolution

BIG SPOILERS
From SG1_Spoilme
EVOLUTION [Earth-bound] [possibly some Off-World?]

In this two-parter, the team has a few problems to deal with. Info is sketchy on Carter's problem, which has something to do with finding the source of a warrior. Hopefully more information will be forthcoming.

Meanwhile, Daniel and several archeologists are down in the jungles of Honduras searching for some ancient alien device and a sarcophagus, but instead they are abducted by rebels who specialize in selling kidnapped Americans back to companies, families, etc. The situation turns sour when the rebels fool around with the alien device, and also resort to torture to get information. And apparently the device begins to adversely affect Rafael, the leader of the rebels.

Great news for Jack fans. His ugly black ops background appears to rear its ugly head as he's going down to the jungle (with a team?) to rescue Daniel and the other archeologists. The man who must work with Jack is Burke, an ex-CIA agent who once worked with Jack, and got burned badly when an operation went bad.

Potential characters include: Rafael (leader of rebels), Burke (CIA agent), Chalo (rebel flunkie)

Thanx to SG1_Spoilme for the info

For more info look to www.groups.yahoo.com/group/sg1_spoilme

:D

I've been hoping that they would show us some of Jack's Black Ops training and now we get the chance!

cool, but it reminds me partly of that Russle Crow movie...Proof of life...

Daniel in the jungle? (Does that mean bandana?) :D
Jack to his rescue? (Does that mean fingerless gloves?)
Daniel starved and tortured? (Does that mean DANIEL WHUMPING?)
Jack in black ops mode? (Does that mean we get some background?)

Daniel AND Jack in the jungle?

Oh.My.God. *faints*

Erm, I'm sure I wanted to say something profound when I started this post. :D

BIG SPOILERS
From Gateworld
"Daniel travels to Honduras in search of 'Telchak's Device.' He goes in the guise of an American archeologist from a university. Daniel and his team are captured just after they find the device, and held for ransom by Rafael and his men. Telchak is/was a Mayan god (read: Goa'uld). What his device does, Daniel isn't sure -- but the tablet that led Daniel to it's location on Earth warns that the device is extremely dangerous.

"Rafael activates the device, attempting to discover what it is, and his behavior becomes increasingly erratic and violent. Daniel and his team are tortured. In response to the ransom demand, O'Neill heads for Honduras and enlists the aid of Burke, an eccentric CIA agent who was once a friend, but who has been exiled to working Honduras thanks to a prior incident to which O'Neill bore witness. Unfortunately, O'Neill isn't so sure he can trust Burke anymore, but the man is his only hope of finding the rebel camp where Daniel and his team are being held.

"Meanwhile, Carter, Teal'c, Jacob and Bra'tac go off-world to try and determine where a nearly indestructible warrior came from. These warriors keep right on killing even after being shot repeatedly (think 'Terminator' here), and have already wiped out a number of minor Goa'uld. The fear is that they will eventually be sent after Earth or one of Earth's allies."

The episodes include the following guest characters: Jacob Carter, Bra'tac, Dr. Lee (who joins Daniel's team -- last seen in Season Six's "Paradise Lost"), Anubis, Rafael (Honduran rebel leader), Burke (CIA agent based in Honduras), Pedro (hired jungle guide), Jaffa Guard, Rogelio (another guide), Paulson (a member of Daniel's team), Simms (another team member), Chalo (Rafael's right -hand man), Thoth, Major Shelby, Ramius (a minor Goa'uld lord) and Jaffa Commander.

Thanx to Gateworld for the info

For more info look to www.gateworld.net

Spoilers fot this two part episode can be found at "Evolution"

My Thanks to SG-1 Solutions for the link.

Rowan

enjoy the pics and spoilers and now we are down to 3 days until the UK gets it :)

sue

I didn't realise that you won't see it yet, I would have taken notes, sorry.

SPOILERS FOLLOW >>>>>>>>>>>>

It goes pretty much as those other spoilers say. Sam, Teal'c, Bra'tac and Jacob find out Anubis has an army of thousands of the 'super-soldiers'. They do escape but Sam breaks an arm (I think) and they only just escape.

In the jungle, there is lots of Jack this week. His former friend and colleague, Burke, is fun. I especially liked his line about the effects of the ancient artifact: "So what was with the man from the Evil Dead? Classified Huh?"

Daniel and the other guy (forgot name) refuse to give information about the device they found. Daniel gets 'WHUMPED' (technical term!!) but says nothing, the other guy gets whumped and then claims to have told them everything!

Absolutely everything??

I'm surprised they didn't shoot him immediately when he got to the alien symbiote part, and the space alien device thousands of years old, and the giant mothership with the part ascended god-emperor.

Anyhow, the bandits switch the device on.

Not a good idea!

Daniel: It's not glowing anymore so I think it's off. Glowing is a sign (or something like that)

The bandits begin attacking each other, and Daniel and friend escape. Daniel is shot in the leg. Jack and Burke come to the rescue in the nick of time.

I said some nasty things about part one, but part two was a good finish, and taken together they are a good story. They could probably have been separated into two episodes. One in the Jungle, one in Space, but it worked better switching between the two stories.

Hey People!

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought that it was a great eppie, and for all the shippers out there, there were 2 great scenes, major angst! OH SO CUTE!

Originally posted by lisasg1
for all the shippers out there, there were 2 great scenes, major angst! OH SO CUTE!

Is this the Jack and Sam before and after the mission almost soft focus shots?

This needs to be resolved at some point. I've read all the ex-service people that say it wouldn't be allowed, so what happens when it does happen?

Can't one of them resign? Both resign?

I guess they are too important to the defence of the Earth.

So any special circumstances?

I did really like this ep...

Especially the sweaty, dirty, whumped Daniel.

Yay for Spanish speaking Jack, and some background on him! Woo!

The Anubis storyline didn't hold much interest for me, I was more looking forward to Jack finding Daniel and them having a reunion ;) although the Jonas mention was nice :)

I loved it at the end when Daniel obviously steps away from the non-glowy box thing!

I didn't love it, but I watched it when I was all fluey so i'll probably like it more the second time around.

SPOILERS..............
This ep was great, I loved the bits with Sam, Teal'c, Jacob, and Bre'tac in Anubis's ship (we should see more Bre'tac :D) and the parts with Dan and Jack were wicked (I agree with you on the dan whumping and when dan jumped away from the device at the end lol :lol:
I thought it was great that Jack could speak another language, showing how intelligent he really is!

'Hey, is that that thing that made that guy do that thing?' - my new favourite line :D

part 2 was definitely better than part 1 although the whole danny whumped bit just watched like some tired old HC fic brought to life (all we lacked was 'j'ak :) )

i really enjoyed the sam/dad/teal'c/bratac bits and the two sam/jack scenes were cute

the sfx were pretty good, the 'attack of the clones' super cgi army was mega cheesy, but then the rings itno nowhere were totally cool, as was the teltac taking off bit

definitely not the worst of the season....but it hasn't supplanted my top eps either, just settled into the middle somewhere

I agree with Dave - first episode was rubbish, second episode was pretty great.
I too was a bit bored with the Anubis/supersoldier storyline. It seemed like a lot of old plots stitched together in an unconvincing way, just not very exciting, and no real feeling of jeopardy.

Enrico Colantoni (sp?), who played Burke, was great! You'll recognise him as the alien who makes contact with the Galaxy Quest crew, or as Elliot from Just Shoot Me. I thought he brought a real touch of class to the episode, even though he was saddled with some really stupid dialogue at some points. His face off with Jack at the cafe felt like movie-quality stuff, and his later confession was great too.
On the other hand, there was some top quality laughs
'Is that that thing that made that guy do that thing?' LMAO!
And the bits with Daniel and pal and the artifact's state of turned-on-or-off-ness.
I was glad that Daniel's pal didn't get offed - this show seems to have a disturbing tendancy to kill off all the B-characters.

Agree, not the best. Better than Bane. ;) (Sorry for you bane lovers out there.)

The anubis/queen arc didn't draw me in. The Sam exposition seemed to drone on - Amanda gave it a heck of a try.

George's makeup was way too thick. (Now I am just being mean.)

Enjoyed the scenes with Jack speaking spanish. Hope to see the frist guide back again - once they patch him up.

I laughed a lot during the second part, so I have to give it a thumbs up. The relationships and the humor mailed it out for me. Including the afroementioned, Daniel side-step away from the non-glowy box and the line, "Is that the thing that made the guy to the thing?" Think that one will be a classic.

Hope they don't kill off Burke. I didn't like his acting, but he can deliver a punchline. ;)
Nys.

I guess I am back because there are actually some new posts here and I am now getting back ino Stargate, hehe.

Great episode. Twice as good as Part I IMO, and it now takes it's place in the pantheon of Good Season 7 Episodes. Season 7.5 is off to a good start, and I must say: most of the upcoming eps look like they will own the first half of the season.