7.15: Chimera

Arc_Angel

Mr. Flibble is very cross
Chimera

SMALL SPOILERS
From Gateworld
A late Season Seven episode that has long been in the rumor mill finally has a working title: "Chimera." Executive producer Joseph Mallozzi told fans in an online chat at StarGateNews.De that the episode will give "a peek at Sam's private life, and a potential new boyfriend."

"Chimera" was previously nicknamed "Black Widow Carter," as it deals with Carter's penchant for seeing her potential romantic interests killed off. The episode will also see the return of Anna Louise Plowman as the Goa'uld Osiris. To that, Mallozzi said, "Osiris makes a return appearance to haunt Daniel Jackson."

Thanx to Gateworld for the info for more info look to www.gateworld.net

:D

SPOILERS
"'Chimera' deals with the fact that Major Carter's romantic interests tend to end up dead. Can she possibly find herself a stable boyfriend? And if he's not an alien, how can she have a serious relationship with someone from whom she has to hide her whole life -- the Stargate program?

"Sam's love interest is Peter Shannon, a detective from Denver. He appears to be in town investigating a case when they meet and begin seeing each other. Walking home after a movie, Pete wants to know about Sam's work, because it's her life. She can't share it. He's been asked to return to Denver, but is stalling his boss in the hopes that his relationship with Sam will go somewhere.

"The episode will also see the return of Anna-Louise Plowman as Osiris, the Goa'uld who has taken Daniel's former girlfriend Sarah as its host ('The Curse'). What's not clear yet is just how these two stories intersect (or if they do at all). Daniel has a dream about a Goa'uld-free Sarah, and having a romantic relationship with her again. Sarah's fate, for good or for ill, will be decided in this episode.

"Pete is seriously injured during the course of the story. Can he be the one to finally break Sam's 'black widow' curse, or is he fated to be another name on the casualty list?"

Casting is now underway for "Chimera," which will go before cameras in August or September. The episode will air early next year on The Sci-Fi Channel.

Thanx to Gateworld for the info, for more info look to www.gateworld.net

i don't get it... most of the press releases say that the latter end of season 7 will make the shippers very happy....what with grace and heroes etc..... doesn't this plot just blow the j/s thing?:(

It sounds very nice !
A naked Carter !

How will Jack react ?

I thought this was quite a good episode but there were something that I was a little unsure of.

I liked Sams new boyfriend Pete but apart from the fact that she said that she was introduced to him by her brother we didn't really see how they got together.
I liked her comment to him that all her other boyfriends were now dead..made me laugh.
Also loved the fact that she was humming the Stargate tune when she was in the lift with Jack and he guessed that she was seeing someone from the humming.
But the things I was unsure about..now that Sarah has got rid of Osiris (although we didn't see it happen) what is going to happen to her!
And the fact that Sams boyfriend Pete was alllowed to be told all about the Stargate programe even though he was just a cop..I mean I know he saw stuff that he was not ment to see but even Jacob was not allowed to be told and he was a General and on his deathbed!
So what does the future hold for Sam now that the blackwidow curse has been lifted and whats going to happen to Sarah not that she is no longer a Gouald!!
Very intresting stuff that I would like to see answered :cool:

I was sure he would die!

How many more episodes do you give him to live?

I think that you would be able to obtain security clearance for a potential husband, but that it would take weeks if not months and you would need to be pretty sure he was the one, not someone you'd dated for a week.

On the other hand, he did see everything, so it's a case of tell him, and make him swear secrecy, or have him blab it all around Denver.

One thing about Sam's brother. Does he know what she really does?

It was said that the Tok'ra could remove the Goa'uld from Sarah. We didn't see it. Maybe they just couldn't afford another guest star?

I thought that there was good continuity with the last time we saw that University where Daniel previously worked.

We didn't find out if he really remembered about the location of the Lost City or not. I presume that he did since I've seen some future episode titles. :rolleyes:

BTW Sky One showed this tonight, one week following 'Grace'. What is the significance of the title 'Chimera'?

A chimera is a hybrid organism with a mixed genetic make-up. A lot of commercial plants are chimeras, but if it was an animal we'd probably call it a Frankenstein's Monster instead. In Mythology it was a beast with a Lion's head, a Goat's body and a Serpent's tail. Apart from the obvious Goa'uld-Human angle I didn't get the title. Normally, a title like this has two meanings.

There was an article in 'New Scientist' recently about human chimeras. I forget the details, but basically such people were a twin before birth, and the other twin was absorbed by the survivor. They therefore have the genes of both twins, not just their own.

Is this a hint that maybe, although Osiris has officially been removed, Sarah still has his - its - whatever - genes? Did Osiris find a means of a more subtle blending? We heard that he/she/it had nicked the beam-me-up-Scottie technology from Thor/the Asgard. Did the goa'uld also nick some of their genetic technology too?

There's certainly scope for a few more interesting plots involving Osiris if TPTB are bright enough to pick up on it and use it.

Best wishes,
Hatshepsut - whose was pleased to watch a Teamgate ep. after the seemingly endless string of Samgate ones. :wave:

P.S. Don't get me wrong. I adore Sam, but I much prefer her when she's being the professional Major Carter, theoretical astrophysicist. It's just scruffy, wimpy, groupie Sam I can't take.
--

Strange. This sort of seems like the set-up for the set-up for Lost City. I mean about the dream Daniel had. This forum has this episode playing before Inaguration, would then leads into The Lost City Part I. Of course, according to Gateworld this order is right. A bit odd.

Is it possible to re-name the thread to fix the episode order?

Ok out of the three eps that have been screened in 04 i'd give this one the Bronze.

Firstly though, i just want to check that everyone noticed the tune Sam was humming in the lift with Jack and it wasn't Zipidy Dooh Dah i can tell you.

I had some high expectations for this episode and i just felt that it was a bit of a let down.

I also thought it had too many soppy moments for my liking and as much as i liked how the Osiris interaction with Daniels dream concerning the Lost city i felt they were in how Teal'c would say it, "killing too many birds with but one stone" in plot terms with the Sarah thing and Sam.

Then Osiris went from Goa'uld to standard human and we saw no Tok'ra involvement but it must have been.

They had enough ideas for two eps but crammed them all into one.

Am i the only one who feels there isn't enough room in the SGC town for Jack's and Pete's wit/humour?

Nick,

Am i too negative on this one?

i don't get it... most of the press releases say that the latter end of season 7 will make the shippers very happy....what with grace and heroes etc..... doesn't this plot just blow the j/s thing?

If you think about it, now the Sam/Anyone but Jack shippers are happy, as are the Daniel/Sarah shippers, so technically that statement is true.

Just to pick up on what Hatshepsut was saying about human chimeras and the possibility that while the symbiote has been removed from Sarah, perhaps there is something of the Goa'uld left in her - I found that the scene in which we see Sarah and Daniel hugging left me wondering if she was perhaps still evil. It made me wonder about the possibility that perhaps some humans might relish the chance to become so powerful - maybe it's an attractive enough prospect that being suborned within a dominant personality is worth it for some.

I just had this sense of foreboding that her eyes were going to glow or there was going to be a hint of some other menace during her reunion wtih Daniel.

This was a pretty slow ep for me. I thought that it was nice for once not to have a major A plot and a minor B plot - in this case both the threads seemed equally strong, but to be honest I wasn't that interested in either. It seemed too much like a bland character drama for the first thirty minutes, and the forced humour of the whistling in the lift, and the Deluise brother being totally unfunny really bugged me. Although I did smile at the 'all my recent boyfriends have died' line.

Can't believe this season is almost over already!

Got to say I found this ep weak. Seemed like "quick we have to prove sams over jack".
I dont understand why for someone who is usually so strong and cool sam turns into a total drip around men she likes. (other than jack)
Osiris beaming in and out of Daniels home and mind. Hmm bit convenient of a way to drag up the info Daniels supposed to know about the lost city. Where was she beaming from? Arent there jaffa there who will want to know whats happened to her when she doesnt return?
Are Sg1 getting paranoid? Someone has a recurring dream which doesnt make sense (common enough) and they click on its gould intervention? And how convenient they just developed the right piece of equipment to deal with the problem (didnt that happen in the last ep and the one before too?)
As for sams boyfriends questions in the infirmary (what was he doing there anyway? Like someone else said he'd have never got clearance) My question would be "why the hell were you following me?"
Checking out her record, spying on her...sounds like a wierd creep!

Ah, but - think of all the scope for fan fic. writers to tie up all the loose ends. :D

Many of them are far better writers than some of the ones that get paid for it.

And if R.C.C. manages to pick up the ball and run with it, re Sarah/Osiris as Chimera, then I shall see this as a nice easy intro. into the potential arc.

If he doesn't, I might... ;)

Best wishes,
Hatshepsut :wave:
--

Ah, but - think of all the scope for fan fic. writers to tie up all the loose ends.
Many of them are far better writers than some of the ones that get paid for it.

i swear sometimes i think the fanfics spawned by the different shows are way better than the different shows themselves.

Another decent, but not mind-blowing episode from the latter half of Season 7.

SPOILERS:
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Not happy that they de-Goa'ulded Sarah, it seems whenever a plotline or charecter starts to get interesting they get rid of them. Sure, it's good to have new plots and charecters but they seem to discard the old ones poorly. All the Sam in love stuff felt so "off" for Stargate, but I guess it was OK. I didn't dig the humming in the elevator.

What I DID dig was the Teal'cs donuts thing (the look of disapointment when Jack didn't want any after he tried so hard to pick out good ones) and the idea of Osiris in Dan's subconcious. Also, Osiris looked pretty great in the all black number and whatnot.

SPOILERS:
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Not happy that they de-Goa'ulded Sarah,

You're assuming that de-goa'oulding Sarah really got rid of Osiris then? ;)

I'm not convinced, especially after the rather smug and less than her usual sweet smile while she was looking over Daniel's shoulder.

Still, given that TPTB didn't even know that there is a zoo in Colorado Springs - doesn't anybody at Bridge ever do any research?! :mad: - I don't suppose any of 'em have boned up on human chimeras. Pity. :(

Best wishes,
Hatshepsut :wave:
--

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
WriterDoug Critiques 2
T Stargate SG-1 Season 7 13
M X-Files 1