Dead Like Me (Girl killed by Toilet seat...)

samsneed

Girl killed by Toilet seat from Space Station MIR

I was watching the last episode of Buffy and I saw this ad for Dead Like Me. I figured it was some spin-off and it's similar to Buffy in that it has a chick and she's undead. But on this show, you can vote for who dies on the show.

I voted for the Haplass Bankrobber to die, but then again, how about the Mom and Baby with gun.

Ok, very much confuddled. Girl killed by toilet seat? And Buffy isn't undead, she's alive. :confused:

confusion cleared

in Dead Like Me, the heroine gets killed by a toilet seat from the space station MIR and get turned into a Grim Reaper. (according to the ad I saw)
Buffy is alive but she has lots of undead interaction. (similar to DLM)

There are also Gravelings on DLM, which are creatures who set into motion the events which kill people (piano dropping on a head, brakes failing, etc.)

I dunno maybe the Buffy link is tenious but the Dead Like Me looks interesting none the less.

Dead Like Me is a cable show on Showtime and has NOTHING to do with Buffy. I read about it in TV guide. Trust me it's completely unrelated to Buffy in anyway. Buffy was manly horror and drama with a few funny times. This show is all comedy about happy perky reapers who just lead the dead to the afterlife not kill them.

Just go to the food store and read the TV guide if you don't get it at home.

I did check out the website and the show seems pretty cool. I took a look at the clip and voted for the hapless bank robber

Sounds kinda weird!;) But i don't get cable, so i can't really check it out.:(

Is anyone gonna watch the show tonight? I am curious to see what ya'll think on Mon.

If I change the thread title more people might post in this thread. I think it may need it's own mini-forum eventually.

Going to change it to "Girl killed by Toilet seat from Space Station MIR (Dead Like Me)" but that is a bit long.

I am kind of looking forward to this one, but goodness knows when it will make its way across the Atlantic.

www.aintitcool.com posted some glowing reviews of the show yesterday - it could be one of the few fantasy-style shows to last more than one season!

Here are some links for more info:
http://www.epguides.com/deadlikeme/
http://us.imdb.com/Title?0348913
http://www.sho.com/deadlikeme (for North American's only - or use an IP cloaker like www.anonymizer.com )

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=15553

Fridays on Showtime at 10:00 P.M. ET/PT

It was good, I was thinking in taping it and then see it the other day but I decide to check the first minutes and ended seeing it entirely. At first I have my doubts I would like it with that name but I have to say that is really cool. It have a rare humor and is a bit morbid but I have to say that I enjoy it. Looking forward to see more of it. :D

Krystal :p

I hear ya'll. I thought it was funny and morbid at the same time. I can't wait to see what happens next week. I really hope it lasts more than one season too. Thanks for all the good feedback, and I am curious to hear what anyone else thinks.

Did anyone get to see Dead Like Me on Friday? _This show is wonderful! Especially if you are one of those jaded young people who work in an office and have realized that you are not living the life you thought you would when you were a child. I could so relate to some of the things she said about her life. Just too funny! And I thought it was funny to find out that the guy who created Touched by an Angel did this one. But they kicked him off the writing staff because he wanted it to go darker. Thank goodness he found someone to allow him basically free reign to write this wonderful show. You can go to www.sho.com/dead and see clips of the show. Worth a look.

Originally posted by Dave
If I change the thread title more people might post in this thread. I think it may need it's own mini-forum eventually.

Going to change it to "Girl killed by Toilet seat from Space Station MIR (Dead Like Me)" but that is a bit long.

You could always do "Girl killed by toilet seat... (Dead Like Me)" - the orig title should still be in the 'comment' line that appears at the top of the posts ---

I think you should just change the title to Dead Like Me.

I can't wait till the next show this Friday.

No Spoilers

Basically this girl gets turned into a grim reaper and transports souls to the next place. At this point in the show she is still having trouble coming to terms with the fact that she is dead. But don't get me wrong. This show is a dark comedy.

Originally posted by tarebear
Did you hear that Rebecca Gayheart is leaving the show? :(

So soon, that is really sad. It the first time since Earth 2 that I have see her in a series.

Krystal :p