7.16: Death Knell

Arc_Angel

Mr. Flibble is very cross
Death Knell

SPOILERS
From Gateworld
"The Alpha Site is betrayed to the Goa'uld, who launch a crushing attack on the planet -- but not before the self destruct can destroy the base. The base is being used to develop a weapon to stop Anubis' new drone army ('Evolution'), but only one is available.

"The Beta Site, which does exist, is mentioned. Jacob is present, but Major Carter has gone missing. Colonel O'Neill and Teal'c are searching for her. A combat-capable U.A.V. as well as normal U.A.V.s are used in the search.

"Anubis has also launched an attack on Olokun's homeworld. Teal'c again gets to carry his glider gun, and O'Neill either has the prototype drone weapon, or another prototype weapon. It is mentioned that Carter has a 'vest' on, which may elude to the ceramic armour to be developed in 'Heroes.' Siler is also in the episode. It seems to be a big episode, and airs after 'Evolution.'"

"Death Knell" includes the following guest characters: Delek, Lieutenant Glen, M'Zel and Major Green.

Thanx to Gateworld for the info
For more info look to www.gateworld.net

:D

SPECULATION: POSSIBLE SPOILERS
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
That TER-looking thing O'Neill is shooting. I am thinking that might be the weapon the SGC came up with to fight the Super-Soldiers from the Telchack device. Or maybe there's an invisible Ashrak or something in this episode.

sam whumpage.....who can ask for more <G>

this is one that i am looking forward to. i think because i've written a story or three kinda along this line, sam separated from the boys and on her own, and i can't wait to see how the show does it

No, sky is right, I'll be looking forward to anything else you produce luv *goes in search of some of sky's fics*:D

This ep is showing tonight in the UK at 8pm on Sky One be sure not to miss it!

:D

Very Good ep, probably best of 04 so far but we're not too far into the year yet i know.

The plot left a fair bit of scope for future episodes with this breakdown in relations and split of the three alliance members now.

The possibility of some kind of Tok'ra civil feud or war on some level could be on the cards if Selmac/Jacob wishes to secure his position.

They are going through "sites" like no tomorrow, i'll give you 3/1 that we'll see a "Charlie Site" in the not too distant future. Actually don't hold me to that, those odds are a bit big, i'm not Ladbrokes.

Was it me or did that Tok'ra look like Lord Sapukna's slightly less evil twin?

I tell you one thing, the Jafa might shoot from the hip now and again but you really can't trust a tok'ra further than old Shrodinger the cat could throw them.

Be good in a Pinochio sketch though

Once again, i thought it was a ver good ep tonight, might comment more later :)

Nick,

Yes, this is a good ep. It does feature Sam "on her own" but there is so much else happening that it isn't a "Sam" ep. She is very skilled at jury-rigging the UAV missile and avoiding the "Anubis Supersoldier" though.

The Tok'ra/Jaffa/SGC politics were well thought out and that alliance was never very strong anyway.

Why don't the Tok'ra like us having reverse-engineered Goa'uld-technology FTL spaceships? They have them, the Goa'uld have them, and we already make excessive use of the Gate. What are have they got hidden on Gateless planets that we haven't seen yet?

I'm not so sure about them already developing a weapon against the "Anubis Supersoldier". It makes it much too easy now to knock them out. That will lead to poorer storylines, unless we are heading for some big shakedown anyway.

I'm not so sure about them already developing a weapon against the "Anubis Supersoldier". It makes it much too easy now to knock them out. That will lead to poorer storylines, unless we are heading for some big shakedown anyway.

I would agree that this would be moving all too quickly but hopefully with this fracturing of the alliance, the ability to mass produce the weapons and sttack Anubis on multiple fronts will be possible.

We'll have to see how isolationist the tok'ra actually become and how much intel they choose to send our way.

However i can still see some links with the Jafa because of Teal'c and Bretak etc but i might be wrong there.

Concerning the tok'ra it could be as simple as they're arrogant and still see is as young in the world but i believe it has something to do with their ever weakening position. They might lash out before things get better, a possible storyline could be the tok'ra or factions within them begin to try and destroy the tritonin research and spckpiles, in the long run they might see it as a threat or could do.

We do have to hope they don't rush through Anubis as after him what is there, the Ferlings? they sound kind of cuddly don't you think, a bit like a Furby.

Nick,

actually, beckman is sorta right, i wrote a series of 'sam & boyfriend' fic too :)

i really enjoyed this one. I equate it to secrets...not exactly a barn burner on it's own, but one heck of a milestone in the sense of the whole arc.

we have the dissoution of the tokra/jaffa/tau'ri alliance, the revelation that the tok'ra council is split among itself, the folks that seem to pride themselves on no secrets (no doors) are now being torn apart BY secrets. earth has lost yet another off world base and we have the revelation that there is a spy....a very well placed and ruthless spy, possibly one of the sgc's own (my guess...how else did they know thier way around the facility and which room to attack?)

we have the revelatoin of a weapon to kill the SS, which is a good thing, but we also now have the jaffa and tok'ra going their own ways.

I like how they made the break up happen. neither side was right, but neither side was totally wrong either.

the tok'ra are only acting for their own survival, and they're watching thier race get down to the point of being extinct in a decade or so, but that same sense of surivial is pushing thier morals...what will they do to survive? and will they hold to thier ideals or turn more like the goauld to insure their continued existence?

the jaffa...they're like teenagers who have been given the keys to the car, then told that they have to account for where they go. they're getting thiir first taste of freedom, and chafing at any bit of control.
they are paranoid and super suspicious, but also tired of being treated like cannon fodder by not only the goauld but the tok'ra too. and this is made worse by the tok'ra not tellinig the jaffa that tretonin comes FROM the tok'ra.

ooh, and how will this effect teal'c and bratac and the others? the tok'ra have been making the tretonin, will they still get it?

Sorry, I just gotta say it. I loved the shippy bit at the end.

OK that being said, I like the new tension they've placed on Jacob/Selmac. He kinda doesn't belong to any world now...should be interesting.

Really liked this ep but one thing bugged me. Shouldn't the SS have been able to sense Sam's good old trace naquida in the blood bit, it is after all a go'auld even if it doesn't have all the memories & stuff, you'd think they can still sense the naquida bit?

i was thinking that too when sam was hiding from him.

maybe that's why he was able to keep up with her and stay close...he'd just keep walking back and forth until he sensed her

another thing that bugged me was the timing

sam said it'd been a month since they got telchak's cube. so in that month, she got whumpied in evol 2, then really whumpied in grace (plus being missing for 4 days...and i would imagine that a concussion like that got her off work for about a week at least) then did fallout and that thing had to have lasted a day or two...i mean they ran simulations and the such, not to mention degoaulding the chick....then met pete, got to know him, went on several dates...danny was too tired for him dreams to have been only one night, it had to have taken place over a week or so

i just dont' see how all that fell into a month, two months maybe, but given sam's whumpage and the time table for certain eps, it seems to be too short of a time

I think I am beginning to get SG1-fatigue. I found this episode boring in almost every way. The scenes of the slow-motion super soldier were laughable, and detivative of everything from the Six Million Dollar Man to Star Wars via The Predator. The infighting between the Tok'ra and Jaffa just felt like the same scenes we have seen again and again (was it only two weeks ago we had the Kelownan infighting? Sheesh). Although for once it seemed like this infighting had a purpose in the grander scheme of things - to alienate (no pun intended - honest) the Tau'ri from their allies in preparation for whatever the big payoff is going to be this season.

It was nice to see Sebastian Spence (from First Wave) getting some work, but why couldn't they have gotten Malek or someone we've met already to fill this role? It would have been more interesting to have some depth to the problems Jacob/Selmak was having with the High Council, if the criticisms were coming from an erstwhile ally, instead of someone as imperious as this new Tok'ra.

Oh arg arg arg. I don't want to feel this negative about I show I used to love, but it is getting harder and harder not to pick holes.

One thing though, I liked the ending - but not in a shippy way.

Yeah, I have never been a fan of the Slow-Mo on the SS. Besides that, they are pretty cool. I just wish they'd make them faster and not use Slow-Mo, which makes them seem even more snail-esque then they actually are!

hmmm, & I'd thought this one one of their better eps this year...:rolleyes:

To me it felt like gold old Stargate. Lately there has been to many storylines thta there is "conveniently" a weapon for or a person in place to deal with it. Or a storyline that just seems to serve no purpose.
This one had my heart thumping at times. Those black things (ss)are creepy!!!!! Yeah ok we knew sam was gonna survive but they did make the chase exciting.
And yeah there was the convenient weapon but at least they had to work hard to use it!
Alliance breaking up could lead to some good future stories. Got to say it was getting a little unbelievable, allies with lots of alien races, ships flying in and out of our galaxy and yet no other nations are told a thing. Wouldnt your first ally in the threat of alien attack be other nations with advanced technology on your own planet???? Oh and didnt the Russians know all about it? Why arent they allying with the Tokra or Jaffa?
But I digress. Over all I enjoyed this ep more than I have any for quite a while, maybe even this season. Only disappointment to me was knowing that it should have screened before Chimera originally (guess that would explain the month thing) and therefore the shippy bit seems irrelevant.

Alliance breaking up could lead to some good future stories. Got to say it was getting a little unbelievable, allies with lots of alien races, ships flying in and out of our galaxy and yet no other nations are told a thing. Wouldnt your first ally in the threat of alien attack be other nations with advanced technology on your own planet???? Oh and didnt the Russians know all about it? Why arent they allying with the Tokra or Jaffa?
But I digress. Over all I enjoyed this ep more than I have any for quite a while, maybe even this season. Only disappointment to me was knowing that it should have screened before Chimera originally (guess that would explain the month thing) and therefore the shippy bit seems irrelevant.

Just want to go a tad off topic here if you don't mind.

Leading from this point, the finale ep from one of the last season or the one before involved the UN representatives of Great Britain, China and France where they were informed of the Stargate.

After we saw the Russian involvement in the SGC for a short period of time prior to that i was wondering why they didn't go further with this. Now being British and our close ties/nearly 51st state type relationship with the US i've always wondered why we never had some SAS personnel in at least one ep. The US and Royal marines worked together and in intergrated divisions in the Gulf and in history but the Russians were invited first. Granted there were some other factors but now other nations are in the loop we're still absent.

Ohe well, I would've liked it, anyone got any opinions, maybe in season 8 or a film or Atlantis, hm

Anyone??

Nick,

Guess its just us Brits. We love the show and have a close relationship with the US so want to see our people on the show!
With it being filmed in Canada and with mostly canadian actors I'm suprised they havent used more nations in storylines.
But I think its our worry that something like this would really happen and the US would keep it all to themselves and we wouldnt get a look in at all the fun, lol.

Hey I wouldn't mind seeing some Brit solidiers on the show - so long as they were more of your 'Soldier Soldier' type, rather than a bunch of plummy twits (come on, you KNOW that's how they'd end up portraying us). But if you think about it, they can't really be made to fill the role the Russians did (friendly, but with their own hostile objective) unless you bring some of the recent real world events into the fray. Maybe a condition of our unswervering support over Iraq etc?

Sorry for going off topic - maybe we should start a new thread for this?

Yeah, it would be cool to see other nations in the SGC. A cool spin-off series would have been like a Stargate: 2021 type thing where there's a massive UN SGC base with teams from several nations and lots of sharing enforced by the UN or something. It would be cool to have a base on the moon or something to protect Earth, and the personell ring up to the base with customized, larger transport rings or something. Could be cool IMO.