7.19: Resurrection

Rowan

7.?? : Resurrection

Spoilers for this episode can be found at "Resurrection"

My thanks to SG-1 Solutions for the link.

Rowan

s
p
o
i
l
e
r
ssssssssssssssss

If you wish to reprint, copy all material between ****s (including ****s) and do NOT edit. Thanks.

EPISODE: Resurrection
Written by: Michael Shanks and ??

Not a lot of info is out yet.

The SGC have come across a young girl named Anna in an undisclosed NID facility. Agent Barrett (from season six episode "Smoke and Mirrors") is also involved in this case, and Carter seems to have a lot dealings with him as she knows him.

Anna lives in a plexiglass encased environment and although she knows of the world outside, has never been outside. (Sort of like in that tv show "Profiler"). Anyway, it seems Anna committed some really horrific killings, although denies it, and says that the horrifying images in the artwork in her 'home' are what come to her in her dreams. She doesn't like them, but Kessler, the man in charge, would not let her remove them.

Some of her artwork is crucial to opening up an Ark (some kind of Gou'ald device). Teal'c assists in this deciphering. Once open, they find out the ark is very much like Pandora's box - it's a bomb.

Anna, on the other hand, seems to be schizophrenic in some respect. Her body does not harbor a symbiote, but has the alter ego of the Gou'ald Sekhmet.

The situation grows more tense when Anna gets loose.

Characters: Agent Malcolm Barrett, Anna/Sekhmet, Kessler,

--thanks to 'ferret' for the info

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sg1_spoilme

You can find more on Sekhmet at http://www.per-sekhmet.org/. Sekhmet means "She who is powerful."

this sounds like an episode from Forever Knight.

Eipsodes ...

I think all SF programs episodes subscribe to the 'Christmas Fruit-Cake Theory'.

In theory, there are only 50 fruitcakes in the entire world and they just get rewrapped and passed around each Christmas and only enough are actually made to replace the very few that are lost in the mail/eaten/etc.

Same with SF shows. ;)

Rowan

SPOILERS
SG-1 faces a threat unlike any other when they learn that an Earth scientist, Dr. Kessler, has created a human-Goa'uld hybrid clone. Her name is Anna, and though she appears to be a beautiful young woman, she is no more than a year old. Kessler is (or was) in the employ of the rogue N.I.D., and is the son of a Nazi war criminal.

"Kessler does his best to conceal the truth about his experiments -- and their horrible cost -- when SG-1 comes to investigate. It seems that Anna was created so that the N.I.D. could have access to the Goa'uld genetic memory, but without worrying about a pesky Goa'uld inside her. Instead, the girl suffers from a split personality -- one a good-natured young woman, one the evil and murderdous Goa'uld Sekhmet. She is shocked to learn that, when taking over her body, her Goa'uld personality has killed more than 30 people. Kessler coldly accepts it as necessary, believing that accessing the Goa'uld in her mind can help save Earth.

"Meanwhile, SG-1 learns that the Goa'uld personality has planted a bomb, which is ticking down toward detonation. With help from Kessler, Anna and N.I.D. Agent Malcolm Barrett (last seen in Season Six's "Smoke and Mirrors"), Daniel and Sam must find and defuse the device."

As usual, keep in mind that the information above is based on a working draft of the episode, and is therefore subject to change. "Resurrection" will be one of the season's final episodes to go before cameras, and will air in February or March.

In ancient Egyptian mythology, the bloodthirsty Sekhmet was a goddess of war and divine vengeance. She was called the "Eye of Ra," and was the vengeful aspect of Hathor. Ra sent Sekhmet to kill those mortals who opposed him. Read more at the Encyclopedia Mythica.

Thanx to gateworld for the info for more info look to www.gateworld.net

:D

this looks a lot like nightwalkers to me. earth bound eps, conspiracy, goaulds running loose, clones, the nid....wonder if we'll get leather and onion rings????

Now it really will be a trip if they taped it in steveston (the real one) and pass it off as another town

Originally posted by Rowan
I think all SF programs episodes subscribe to the 'Christmas Fruit-Cake Theory'.

Rowan

It's also meant to be a sign that they've 'Jumped the Shark' when they introduce the Nazis. Next week we'll have Jack's 'Evil Twin' to make it complete! (or did we have that one already with the androids.)

It was an interesting idea, but I think that all Goa'uld technology left on Earth must have been found by now. And the Nazis having an 'Ark of Covenant' is an idea taken straight out of 'Raiders of the Lost Ark'.

If they really wanted to push that idea, the Chinese are more likely to have some undisclosed artifacts. Maybe they even have their own Gate.

Originally posted by skydiver
this looks a lot like nightwalkers to me. earth bound eps, conspiracy, goaulds running loose, clones, the nid....wonder if we'll get leather and onion rings????

It was a lot like Nightwalkers. It felt very like the X-Files rather than Stargate. The real reason was probably that they needed a 'bottle-show' with just two sets and a few guest actors to save money. There have been several expensive special effect shows recently, and assume the 'The Lost City' and final episodes are too. RDA didn't appear in this at all (Jack was "still recovering)

I liked seeing the guy with the glasses again (can't remember his name) His scenes with Teal'c and the bomb were funny.

Barret asked Sam out on a date but she said she was seeing someone. Then he got shot. They never said if he survived or not.

it wasn't the worse eps i've ever seen, but not the best either.

i enjoyed dr lee finally being portrayed as a capable team player, his scenes with teal'c were fun. agent barrett was enjoyable too...ooh and i dont' think he was shot, anna grabbed his foot and tripped him.
I enjoyed his interactions with sam

the story....well it is almost like MS was trying to hit a quota and win a bet to see how many episodes he could refer to. It wasn't bad, but sometimes the references seemed a bit awkward.

it had some plot holes, such as anna's blackouts. the nid's involved, we see her murder folks, she says she has blackouts and the 'gee, let's get this girl a mri and see if she's snaked' never occured to anyone???

the nazi angle....silly. sins of the father means that the son's a psycho too????

all in all, not horribe, not fantastic, a decent way to kill an hour...but if you happen to miss it or want to go out, go ahead.

It was amazingly like nightwalkers in its basic premise...but nightwalkers had the advantage of being original...ooh, and the kids in leather <G>

Yeah, this wasn't a great episode. I think it's actually along the lines (but somewhat better) than Revisions and Lifeboat, the two episodes this season that I hated.

The whole episode didn't seem to have any real point. There was nothing interesting. No charecter arcs, nothing was really revealed. And that doctor...MY GOD, what a stupid, cliche 60s over-acting villian he was!!!

Oh well, though. The latter half of Season 7 has had mostly good episodes besides this one.

yeah, other than 10 pounds of naquadah and some nifty gold plated stuff, we really didn't gain much from this eps.

comparing it to revisions and lifeboat was a good comparison, although i'd toss fallout into the mix.....i found this far more watchable thanlifeboat ever will be ...it has replaced/joined Need on the 'will never watch again' list, but as a whole it's just a rather predictible bottle episode

i do like how lee was portrayed and i hope his character gets used again and barrett can show back up anytime

Nothing comes close to Lifeboat in my book. Horrible episode IMO. This episode isn't horrible, it's just not very good.

I liked Need though. It did introduce a lot of important information, and had some good charecter stuff going on. Ressurection didn't have any of that. The charecters were just going through the motions, like they were sleep-walking. The girl didn't have much of a personality at all, Agent Barret seemed to just be replacing O'Neill (as if O'Neill was in the script, but they couldn't get RDA so they used Microsoft Word to "Find and Replace" all of O'Neill's lines with Barret's name) and the doctor (like I said before) was HORRIBLE. His acting litterally made me cringe.