Q- Who, What, Where?

ray gower

Only just discovered this show at whatever point it is at and for a cops and robbers effort it doesn't appear too bad!

But could somebody answer a few questions please?

Like who are the other lot?

I've got the general impression:
That the cop with the sharp thing that suddenly appears in her hand is currently stalking a mob called the White Bull, who are a clan of bent coppers.
That she is the born again version of a lot of famous female personages like Joan of Arc and saved the Royal Navy from having to steal the Enigma Machine from the German U Boat in WWII.
She has recently lost her partner and her new one is actually an FBI agent in disguise and she has her own guardian angel.

But who is the other chap who systematically wants to be her best friend then wants to see her demise at the earliest possible opportunity?

And where am I in the series?

I think you are over halfway through the first season.

I have sent about 2/3 of Season 1, and a few eps of s2. Its a pretty enjoyable show, but ended up going out of production last year due to the star entering rehab/having drinking problems etc.

The Witchblade has been passed down from generation to generation. I think it follows a certain bloodline - but this implies that the bloodline must have got some serious frequent flier miles over the centuries because the famous women seem to turn up all over the globe.

"But who is the other chap who systematically wants to be her best friend then wants to see her demise at the earliest possible opportunity?"
He works for the guy with white hair, whose deal I never quite figured out. I think he just wanted to be able to control the Witchblade by controlling its wearer.
The dark-haired fella is, I think, in love with Sara, and therefore is trying to avoid carrying out his orders.

I'm not exactly an expert on all of this - as you can probably tell!

I know I have been a BAD MOD :blush:

I have not been here in ages, I did not think anyone was interested in it!!!

Let me see if I can shed some more light on the subject! Beware the next section contains SPOILERS!!!!

The History

For thousands of years it has existed. An intelligent, symbiotic weapon of incredible power. A living gauntlet that becomes one with its wearer. The Witchblade. Only women of unmatched strength of mind, body and will have ever successfully worn the Witchblade. Its legacy has created a warrior bloodline back through time and forward into the future. Joan of Arc wielded the blade as did other great warrior women throughout the ages. But to wear the Witchblade is to be both its master and its servant as this mysterious weapon draws to it what it needs and casts aside what it does not. Stirring to life at times of crisis -- during wars, famines, and pestilence -- the Witchblade has been used to cut a swath of blood and viscera through the ranks of previously insurmountable evil. For decades it has lain dormant, but now in the early days of the 21st century, the Witchblade has chosen a new bearer of its power.... and its curse.

Kenneth Irons: An eccentric billionaire entrepreneur rumored to have made his fortune through illegal arms dealings; Irons' connection to the Witchblade runs deep. A collector of art and ancient weapons, the Witchblade was in his collection -- on loan to a Midtown museum -- when it first "found" Sara. He still bears the scars from his failed attempt to wield the weapon and is in many ways still possessed by its power. Irons' diverse corporate empire Vorschlag Industries includes media holdings, real estate and biotech development -- all of which are secondary to his pursuit of the Witchblade.

Ian Nottingham: Adept at subterfuge and martial combat, Nottingham is a walking lethal weapon. A mysterious -- and deadly -- omnipresence, he has been under Irons' tutelage for most of his life. Raised by Irons as his son, Nottingham was trained to protect (or is it procure?) the Witchblade and its wielder. Always nearby when the Witchblade springs into action, Nottingham's relationship to Sara and the Blade remain a mystery.

Ian is in love with Sara and wants her to suceed with the Blade. Kenneth wants to own the Blade and its power, but remember only women can wear the Blade. Since he can't have the power he wants to control the wearer body and soul.

As the show goes on you will see exactly what he will do to own Sara.

The White Bulls are a group of police offiers who have turned vigilante and takes the money from drug dealers etc to use for their own use. Sara is in their way.

Back