How did Smith gain access?

pkgrl

Ultimate J/A shipper!
I was thinking about other things today (other Matrix things, of course ;)) and I remembered something that I forgot to ask you guys about.

How in the world did Smith get into that hidden corridor at the end of Reloaded? Neo had to have the Key Maker, with the key he just finished making, in order to get there, and he was supposed to be there. There were no agents there, so they probably don't have access, but Smith, an exile, ex-Agent had no problem getting into that corridor. Remember, when he said, "...there are so many me's," more versions of him came in from every visible door, so his access had to be kind of universal. So how'd he get it? Who would have allowed it?

The way I see it, they needed the Keymaker to open one particular door in that corridor, not to get into the corridor itself.

Seraph and Persephone both took Neo into either the corridor, or a similar (invisible to the operator) area. I believe Smith must also have known how to gain access, but he was not able to chase Neo, the Keymaker and Morpheus through that door out of the corridor, the one door which they really needed the Keymaker for.

Make sense?

seraph and the keymaker both stated that the doors were encrypted in the tumblers.

i personally think it was a crack that smith had when he was an agent. he just found it in his bag of tools....so to speak.

Like after Neo died and is tranformed, Smith is the same which with help of a bit of code from Neo, he can now see the Matrix code and perhaps in even more eye-opening way than Neo since he is not constraint like his human nemesis. Thats my thought anyway

If Agents had the ability to access these areas, then why bother taking over other people? Okay, the latter might be easier sometimes, but why chase Neo all over creation? And why weren't there any Agents in that corridor to stop Neo and Morpheus? Why just Smith?

I think Smith got access from someone else. Who, I don't know. And I don't think it's just a matter of him having the ability because his program got overwritten with something from Neo.

well first pkgrl i would remind u that the machines want neo to get to the architect and there fore the source to start the whole process over again, so that i why i dont think there were any agents in the corridor, as for smith remember from something morpheus said in the first movie, the agents are "guarding all the doors and holding all the keys" so they most likely have access to the back doors, i think that smith most likely already knew how to get in to the corridors and just used this knowledge to get there ahead of neo

comments:rolly2:

hey wait, smith was taken to the source, and given the chice between exile and deletion.

he must have now known about the corridor. still how he got in/out is wierd.

Originally posted by timdgreat
morpheus said in the first movie, the agents are "guarding all the doors and holding all the keys" so they most likely have access to the back doors, i think that smith most likely already knew how to get in to the corridors and just used this knowledge to get there ahead of neo

comments:rolly2:
I don't think so. I don't think that Morpheus was talking about THESE doors... doors he didn't know existed... but the others inside the matrix. Remember that these doors, accessed from a corridor that is in a hidden area of the matrix, are not visible to operators like Link. And agents don't need to use these doors for access, they just pop into and out of human avatars. They don't need the doors.

Spud: I don't think that Smith was "taken to the source." I don't think he was given any choice about deletion either. From what he says in Reloaded, I get the impression that he knew he was supposed to allow himself to be deleted, but he chose not to allow that. He chose exile all by himself. He's "no longer a part of the system" as he says, and he's never been on his own before. His aspirations have grown along with his apparent freedom. He wants a new purpose... possibly Neo's purpose as he sees it... to control the matrix.

All that still doesn't answer the question of how Smith was able to gain access to the corridor. Maybe he has a key from some previous version of the matrix/One/Key Maker scenario. :alienooh:

the following may contain spoilers for the matrix Revolutions read at ur own risk

Ok so i think its possible taht mabye smith got the key from some other program? i mean why not, the merovingian had access to keys that opened doors to other places, and so did seraph, so i dont see why smith couldnt get there by taking over some one who had a key to the corridor or access to it, or just hack his way in, cause its not like he had just one key he had about 20, otherwise how did so many of him get in.:rolly2:

lol well i dont think it was as easy and just clicking a mouse spudnik:rolleyes: :rolly2:

Originally posted by timdgreat
the following may contain spoilers for the matrix Revolutions read at ur own risk

Ok so i think its possible taht mabye smith got the key from some other program? i mean why not, the merovingian had access to keys that opened doors to other places, and so did seraph, so i dont see why smith couldnt get there by taking over some one who had a key to the corridor or access to it, or just hack his way in, cause its not like he had just one key he had about 20, otherwise how did so many of him get in.:rolly2:
Good point! He may just have. I mean, what if he over wrote Seraph? The implications of that would be major! But there are several programs, apparently, that do have keys to that access corridor. And based on the Revolutions trailer, Smith seems to be over writing programs and avatars exponentially. The Matrix seems to be full of Smiths and no one else.

yeah smiths everywhere, i dont think that seraph was overwritten though, because we see him fighting in revolutions, so i doubt he has been taken over yet, but only time will tell:rolly2:

maybe the "final fight" really is the last shots of the movie...

and those included on the sidewalk comprise the whole of humanity...

mabye, if so i wonder if they are gonna be free at the end of the movie:rolly2:

Ya know, I was thinkin about all those Smiths. If he's managed to overwrite the avatar of every inhabitant of the matrix, then either Neo would have to free the humans, or they're all as good as dead already and the only independantly thinking humans left are those in Zion.

Besides, that fight between Neo and Smith looks pretty epic. I don't think there'll be much matrix left once they're done.

You gotta check out the huge version of the theatrical trailer. You can see that code scene with what looks like three Smiths surrounding an encoded Neo? who's sitting between them much better... along with everything else. ;)

ive actually seen most of the trailers now, and im so hyper to i dont think im gonna sleep tonight:):rolly2:

I thought that too, but I did. When I woke up at 2:40am, I didn't think I'd be able to get back to sleep either, but I did. :alienooh: Shocker, that!

Wonder if we'll find out today how Smith gained access to that dreaded corridor? ;)

below is a spoiler for matrix revolutions, u have been warned

well im sad to say we didnt learn:( just one of many questions i wish we had learned the awnser to
:rolly2:

Well, by not answering, the W Bros told us something very important: it doesn't matter how Smith gained access. :eek:

I guess I'll just have to wonder forever. :nuts: