7.13: Grace

Wow I don't think I've posted here for over a year! Neways I agree with skydiver's summary completely and I liked 'Grace'. Up until I read that I was kind of thinking of it like that but didn't quite know how to put it into words. It sounds more hopeful than the other way of looking at it. (i.e. from a shippy perspective, closing the door etc.) I was also looking forward to the fanfic it was bound to generate however I have yet to find any at all!

well, since the brits and the downloaders are teh only ones that have seen it, fic may take a couple of weeks until the states get it

I really liked this one & thought it a good insight? into Sam, something that we all knew but they never confirmed. I think I liked it so much because I swear that all the shippy bits, the whole Jacob bits & Teal'c talking to Jack, & the Sam & Jack bits were all taken directly out of fanfics I've read. Anyhoo, I'm satisfied as a shipper. Let Black widow Sam move on for a while :D we know She & Jack are meant to be one fine day. As Jack said, 'hey I'm a safe guy' & 'I'll always be there for you'... ok let's get on to an action ep :rolly2:

Pretty good episode. I'm not a shipper, so I wasn't freaking out over the shippy stuff, but I guess I didn't really mind it. The episode is nothing special, but it's WAAAY better than the stinkers we got this year the likes of Lifeboat and Revisions.

Watched this episode again. I have three thoughts.

I liked how Sam's relationship with Jack was played out and how repressed she was about it. Notice that she imagined kissing him, but didn't. It was a strings-free thing, she could have had sex with him then and there and nobody would have known, but she restrained herself. I think that's an interesting little charecter thing. She knows there's no way she can be with him, so she is trying to put it out of her mind and move on.

I am thinking about the ship we saw. Whose is it? Way back when first details of this episode came out we heard that were were going to see more of the race's ship we saw in Enemies. But we never learned anything about them in this episode. Could it be the Furlings? Maybe. The Wraiths? Doubtful, since they are supposed to be really far away like in 8-Chevron terrartory. I think it makes most sense to say that they are the Furlings. Maybe the crew of the Promo were brought on board their ship not as captives, but to save them. They were all prolly adrift in the gas cloud and would die, so the Furlings transported them aboard, but then reliezed they were stuck as well just sat around until Sam contaced them. Of course, why would an un-hostile race attack the ship? Well, it's been speculated on other forums that they thought they were Goa'uld, but when they found out they weren't they were already both stuck in the cloud. The ship DID scan the promo before attacking, they could have detected Goa'uld components and acted too soon. Another thing: The transport effect looked differant than the Asgard's, but made the same noise (at least the one in Shades of Grey). Perhaps because it's tech from the Universal-NATO thing we have been hearing about since Torment of Tantulas? Just speculation.

OK, the SGC REALLY needs to stick a Stargate in the Prometheus. They only need find one on one of the many planets that doesn't use them, build a little embarkation room on the ship and install the gate. Then if something went wrong, they could take orbit in a nearby planet, calculate that planet's gate coordinates and gate home. Sort of a new take on the escape pod. Hey, Apophis did it in TSL.

Liked this ep. When I heard it was going to be Sam alone on the ship I thought "well how they gonna do that?"
Was a great insight into sam and her emotions. Sadly it did throw up a lot of unanswered questions about the alien ship etc, and why they were stopping by a gas cloud when they needed to get the ship home. I sit just me or do they seem to be throwing in a lot of unanswered stuff this season? Before storylines seemed to finish, even to the point of that annoying explanation conversation by 2 characters at the end of an ep, just in case some viewers didnt get it. Now there are legitamate questions but no answers.

What a yawnfest! 44 minutes of Sam hallucinating about fantasizing about kissing Jack, with a couple of minutes of some guest star's Shatner impression thrown in.

Pointless AND dull - a doubleheader!