2 things i didn't like

ZachWZ

Pre 1986 Comics Fan
1.The Green Goblin's mask. it allows for noshow of emotion. then on the roof top scene it is silly to see a man's face in a month.

2.The final MJ/peter Scene. I always thought it would have been more in his character to say along the lines of "MJ I am looking for my place in the world. Until i know for sure what my direction will be. it would be irrasponsible to take you along."

ZachWZ

Hey

I agree. Tha Gobins mask was much too bulky and non-expressive. But I do have to say the actor who played him did a real good job of expressing it verbaly. But I think they could have left out the whole kissing in the rain scene. Boring.

Re: Hey

Originally posted by Se-maj#617
I agree. Tha Gobins mask was much too bulky and non-expressive. But I do have to say the actor who played him did a real good job of expressing it verbaly. But I think they could have left out the whole kissing in the rain scene. Boring.

You know, you're right. The whole kissing scene was kinda a let down in many ways. Back to the subject, did anyone ever see the concept art for the other Green Goblins? Some of them definately looked better than the one they had in the movie. I do agree that the mask they had was entirely inexpressive.

Did anyone catch at the end where the gobin dies that the camera zooms in and he goes OH. I watched it last night and caught that. i started laughing so hard i nearly fell out of my chair. It is so halirous the way he says it.

...But I think they could have left out the whole kissing in the rain scene. Boring.

your judging an entire film just by one scene that you didnt like. the overall film was fantastic even if you thought that one scene was a let down

Hi

I agree that gobbo's mask was inexpressive, But I'm pretty sure that a fully expressive face mask would have been difficult to do, especially as we're supposed to believe he can take it off easily. Not to mention that it would have probably ended up in the uncanny valley. I heard they tried to make spidey's mask's eyes move, like in the comics, to form expressions, and it just ended up creeping people out. Maybe super expressive masks are more of a cartoon thing? :)

anyway, the guy who played him did a really good job and made up for the mask, I think

1.The Green Goblin's mask. it allows for noshow of emotion. then on the roof top scene it is silly to see a man's face in a month.

.............Spiderman's mask shows no emotion either. I thought the rooftop scene was supposed to be a bit silly...felt a bit like a Mighty Morphin Power Rangers episode. But that was alright by me...I'd rather have some humour than have to watch the humourless new Batman flicks.

But I think they could have left out the whole kissing in the rain scene. Boring.

It won "Best Kiss" at the MTV movie awards, meaning it was a popular scene in a popular movie among the "teenagers with disposable income and nothing to do Friday night" demographic. It was romantic and probably lasted all of about 20 seconds. It's become something of a classic movie moment I would say. The romance worked. It was very easy to fall in love with MJ. What the hell is there to complain about?

Loved the first 2 Spideys. The 3rd one was...alright...definitely better than what the buzz on it had led me to believe. Biggest problem was how they really rushed through that Venom plotline. Very unfortunate.

well, i dun know what i just didnot like the mask of gobbo...... but there is still someting great in somewhere though