Anyone remember Marine Boy?

But … what if I find them embarrassing, now? Like I did when I bought The Herculoids on DVD.

...and we used to live for three months in a brown paper bag in a septic tank.:p
Luxury. We had it rough.

Pretty much all the shows listed above use to play in and around The Wee Willy Weber show. It was a children's variety type show (like Checkers and Pogo). It ran for hours after school and some times in the mornings. There was also a lot of Ultra Man.

I loved that show. I always remembered it as Giant Robot but everywhere else in the world (and Hawaii) it was Johnny Sokko & his Flying Robot.
There are more ULTRAMAN series than just the one! Crunchyroll streams about five of them!

Luxury. We had it rough.

There are more ULTRAMAN series than just the one! Crunchyroll streams about five of them!

There was version in the 90s that was co produced in Australia.

There have been about a dozen or more different Ultraman series. When I think of Ultraman it's the 1966 version.

ultraman.JPG

I tried that series, & as I recall, its name not withstanding, it just ain't Ultraman!

I used to love Marine Boy when it was on the telly, it had my second favourite theme tune (after Doctor Who, of course). But when I looked it up on youtube, the music had a Japanese kid's chorus singing the melody, rather than the twangy surf guitar I remembered - is my memory wro

I used to love Marine Boy when it was on the telly, it had my second favourite theme tune (after Doctor Who, of course). But when I looked it up on youtube, the music had a Japanese kid's chorus singing the melody, rather than the twangy surf guitar I remembered - is my memory wro
...ng?

I used to love Marine Boy when it was on the telly, it had my second favourite theme tune (after Doctor Who, of course). But when I looked it up on youtube, the music had a Japanese kid's chorus singing the melody, rather than the twangy surf guitar I remembered - is my memory wrong?

It's been too long. I can't remember the intro theme tune anymore, however I'm sure that on the BBC it wasn't this one:
So, they must have changed it for the western audience.