7.02: Homecoming

Arc_Angel

Mr. Flibble is very cross
Fallen and Homecoming

SPOILERS
What's to become of everyone's favorite archeologist? The fate of Dr. Daniel Jackson will be settled in the 2-part Season Seven opener, tentatively titled "Fallen" and "Homecoming."

Beware of big spoilers in the report below -- for both the Season Seven opener and Season Five's "Meridian!"

Still there? Here's the scoop:

In the season opener, "Fallen," Daniel is not only forced by Oma Desala and company to resume human form, but they give him a huge case of amnesia so he can't tell anyone what he was doing while he was gone.

After ascending to a higher plane of existence at the end of Season Five, Jackson returned in Season Six's "Abyss" -- where he refused to help O'Neill break out of a Goa'uld prison. Rumor has it that Jackson's desire to use his new abilities to help those he cares about will play a part in the upcoming Season Six episode "The Changeling," and come to a head in the season finale, "Full Circle" -- likely prompting the judgment of "Fallen." The ascended have a strict rule forbidding interference with developing people.

Actor Michael Shanks, who plays Jackson, will return full-time to the cast of Stargate SG-1 for the coming season, after a 1-year absence. Daniel Jackson will return to SG-1 as a flesh-and-blood mortal.

Thanx to Gateworld for the info
for more info look at www.gateworld.net

Wow this sounds great...I really can't wait to see how it all comes about with Danny coming back!!

OK I got a problem with this one. Wasn't Oma kicked out just like Orlan? SO why would she have a say in

spoiler
kicking out Danny?

More info

SPOILERS
The 2-part Season Seven premiere will bring Daniel Jackson back to SG-1, and put yet another ally in grave danger. New details on the plots of "Fallen" and "Homecoming" have arrived ... though we're not quite sure what info here applies to which episode.

Beware of spoilers in the report below! Here's what our anonymous tipster had to say:

In the teaser several nomadic tribesmen (think Bedouins) find Daniel, naked and unconscious, in a forest clearing. When he comes to, he has no memory of who he is or how he got there. Daniel has a strong feeling that he did something wrong, but no clue what it might have been.

SG-1, SG-3 and SG-5 gate to this planet (P4T-3G6) believing it to have been a world of the Ancients. They find that Daniel has been living with the people there for two months. Daniel doesn't recognize his friends.

Meanwhile, Jonas' homeworld, Kelowna, comes under attack by Anubis, who wants their naquadria for an advanced weapon.

Yu, who has been leading the System Lords' war against Anubis is becoming increasingly ill right at a crucial point in the fighting. The fear is that he won't be with it enough to order his troops to move in when needed.

Carter comes up with a crazy plan to knock out Anubis' new weapon that involves Jonas and Daniel sneaking aboard Anubis' ship to work from inside so the X-302 can attack from outside. But Jonas is captured by Anubis, leaving a shaky Daniel alone to get the job done.

Many familiar faces turn up. Ambassador Dreylock and Commander Hale from "Shadow Play" return, as does the Anubis' Jaffa, Herak, from "The Other Guys."

Correction: the guest character listed as "Tokira" in a previous report should actually read "Tok'ra."

Meanwhile, SG1_Spoilme reports:

"The Tok'ra once again want to enlist the Tau'ri's aid in battling the Goa'uld, which ends up with Jonas and Daniel (with some memory back?) going undercover on a Goa'uld ship. Somehow, Teal'c becomes Yu's prisoner."

"Jonas' home planet (and its minerals) has attracted the attention of Anubis. SG-1 reluctantly shows up on Kelowna to render some kind of aid (despite how the Kelownans have behaved toward them in the past). Jack must deal with diplomats (his favorite people). But the Goa'uld, as usual, are never happy -- this time with each other. Baal and Yu see this situation as a chance to destroy Anubis. Up on Anubis' ship, Jonas and Daniel must work together to survive."

It's still unknown whether Jackson will regain any of his pre-ascension memory, or if the threat to Kelowna will lead to Jonas' exit as a regular member of SG-1. Actor Corin Nemec returns as a recurring character in Season Seven, but not a full-time member of the cast.

Thanx to Gateworld for the info

look to www.gateworld.net for more info :D

Originally posted by Arc_Angel
Hmm all I have to say is naked daniel <drool> :eek:

LOl sorry I just found that really funny.

I hope Danny will get his memory back quickly! :D

SPOILERS
From Gateworld
Actor Cliff Simon -- everyone's favorite Baal -- will appear in "Homecoming," the second half of Season Seven's big 2-part premiere, according to a report at Cliff Simon.com. The author cited a "very good" (but anonymous) source.

The site's webmaster also told GateWorld that the site has received the go-ahead to become the actor's official Web site.

"Homecoming" airs as part of a 3-hour SG-1 premiere event on Friday, June 13

Thanx to Gateworld for the nifo
For more info look to www.gateworld.net

:D

All the thing with Lord Yu was interesting, also it was good to see Ba'al back and how Teal'c and Yu's first prime convince him of helping them. No wonder Jack wasn't very convinced with the second option after Yu, after all he suffer by the hands of Ba'al. :eek:

Also love how Jonas and Daniel get on the right time to help Teal'c and Carter. And how later Ba'al attack comes on time to help them.:lol:

Again it was good to see Jonas and Daniel together, I always wish to see more interaction with this two characters. Sadly we see at the end Jonas returning to his home world as an diplomatic representative. :rolleyes:

Krystal :coolyello

How much I missed Daniel! I was rooting for him to return all during season six, but I didn’t realize how much I missed him until this episode. The dry humor, the calm panic. It seems like Jack has been the only one able to make the sharp remarks lately, it’s great that he now has someone else to carry the torch when he’s not there. :)

When Teal’C and Carter were in the warehouse, staff weapons pointed at them, all I could think was ‘I bet the ring platform’s in there’. Then Daniel gets transported down and starts shooting. Even without all of his memories he still knows how to kick butt!

Although Jonas has grown on me, I was still glad to see him leave. I figured he’d return to his home world as a representative or ambassador so the ending wasn’t that surprising. It’s still nice to know he’s available to return for odd missions now and then.

When Jonas was about to step into the gate and he looked back at Daniel, did he say ‘Feed my fish?’ A friend of mine said he was talking in some foreign language, but I said he wanted Danny to take care of his pets. Who's right?

I think that's what he said. Sort of an in-joke playing on how Jonas essentially replaced him.

I am really sad to see Jonas go though. I think MS was right when he said his charecter wasn't growing, he sort of reached the end of his development. Making him glowy was good. Jonas served two roles...both replacing Jackson as the intellectual/moral compass and reaplcing Teal'C "stranger in a strange world" persona (since he has been around long enough for that to play out). Over season six (although they didn't use him enough) Jonas really grew on me. I wish they had kept him and Jackson still ascended. Then at the end of S7 have him descend after abusing his powers and saving SG-1 (unlike in Full Circle where his attempts didn't accomplish anything--he made a sacrifice for nothing).

And - weren't they supposed to be looking for some lost world? or something? and Daniel says 'oh wait, no, I was wrong' ?? (only watched this once) -- something was just weird about that to me --

The writing in both of these eps wasn't all that great. Jonas survived a direct staff hit (In Serpent's Lari Danny was done for, and he got hit in the arm, not the back!), and the Anubis didn't even TRY to take the Stargate when he invaded! Did he loose his book of Goa'uld Invasion SOPs? They didn't follow seriwes continuity very good, and a lot of things were just not right. Deus Ex Machina was in full force as well. I liked the eps, but becuase of these problems I think Season 7 is starting off bad. Of course, we should all expect this. The show SHOULD have ended last season, by wrapping everything up they wrote themselves into a box and not with so many of the original series writers and producers gone, this is to be expected. Regardless, it's still the best Scifi show on TV and I still love it.

Originally posted by Lonewolf89

When Jonas was about to step into the gate and he looked back at Daniel, did he say ‘Feed my fish?’ A friend of mine said he was talking in some foreign language, but I said he wanted Danny to take care of his pets. Who's right?

It was feed my fish. :D

Krystal :p

Thanks, Krystal! It's funny that we only run into each other over at the Mutant X and Andromeda forums, never here.

Yeah, although I have seen your post also in the Farscape section and now here. :D

Krystal :p

I share beckmen's view that this episode disregarded too many invasion SOPs. Anubis descending his ship over the city was a stupid tactical mistake for dealing with a civilisation that he knows to have naquadria-based bombs. From his position he was vulnerable to such ordinance detonated on the surface. Any competent strategist would have remained in a high orbit like in TbftGoG. IMHO it defeats the point of making references to other sci-fi such as ID4 if this diminishes the plot.

Think Anubis would be safe from the funny bomb. They were sitting on top of a planet that was still in shock at what the first bomb could do. So the aim was more to intimidate with power. Appearing over a capital city to show the locals they can't do much about it.

There was also the need to find the crystal (easier if you live above the shop?) Not that they seemed to be able to do that intelligently either.

yeah some of the planning on Anubis's behalf was a little messy (what were they just waiting around outside the warehouse until someone else came and found the crystal for them??) and why kill the one person (sorry can't remember his name) on the planet who wants to help you - other than pointing out his stupidity?

But overall i still thought it wasa good story - loved Jonas's distress when he realised he'd lead Anubis to his home planet and he had a couple of good one-liners too, for a change. He even amused Anubis :D

And Daniel and Jonas finally did talk! It would have been nice to see them continue that conversation when they got back on base.

I'm not really a fan of Jonas but i was a little sorry to let him go. He has interesting physiology, according to two seperate Gou'alds. I hope we can have him back to explore that.