Most Scariest/Treatening Creature

nic

Stomping Turnips
Most Scariest/Threatening Creature

I find the dementors to be the most scariest creatures in the books so I'm looking forward to seeing them on screen.
I kind of picture them looking like the Ringwraiths (Nazgul) in LOTRs with their faces cloaked, which is what find creepy.

I've just been talking to some one in a HP chatroom who convinced me that the veela could be the most threatening. I mean, they have the potential to make a wizard do whatever she wants if under her spell.

What are your thoughts?

I'm expecting the Dementors to be the scariest too, not sure how different they're going to look from the Ringwraiths though - tricky to do i should think.

I found a picture of the dementors if anyone's interested. :)
But IMHO, they don't look particularly scary, the RingWraiths were much scarier. :p
I think that in the books, the Dementors come across as the scariest creatures. But in the "Chamber of Secrets" film, I thought the giant spiders were pretty scary. :eek:

Attachments

• dementors.jpg
    dementors.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 2,552
Nice bit of atmospheric fog in the background there!

Well I suppose they're not the scariest thing ever seen on screen but I wouldn't like to meet one on a dark night.

i think its the fact that they sap all ur happy thougts out of u thats scary more then anything else, but i dont think that they are the scariest

i would be really freaked by the baslisk:rolly2:

It depends if we're talking in the books, or in real life. I think that the description of the Dementors is scariest, but in RL, the Basilisk or the giant spiders would be scarier than guys in robes. :p

i might also be creeped out by giants, given they are just big dumb idiots, but still so strong:(, could be dangerous:p:rolly2:

lol sure any time, i think i would be more scared of a howler with my mom screaming then him:p:rolly2:

A boggart! I would agree with you there, as a boggart could turn into looking like a dementor as one did for Harry. I say that because most of you mentioned dementors as the scariest creatures. Good thinking Ace, I forgot about them.

Voldemort is supposed to be the scariest (and I would consider him more "creature" than "human" at this point), yet the death he gives is sudden and painless. It's the crucatious curse you have to watch out for.

I wouldn't want to run into dementors, bogarts, or giant spiders, but what about Fluffy, the three headed dog? I wouldn't want to end up as his chew toy.

Boggart !!! trust him to come up with that one,:p to me it's a tossup between the acromantula (have you ever studied spiders in detail ?) and Molly Weasley in a bad mood, I think Mrs Wealey edges it by a nose, as the spider can only eat you.:D

The most scariest so far was Snape in Neville his aunts clothing.
No memory can be more haunting then that.

you know i said that the boggart had to be the scariest but if one were to apear before me it would probalbly take the form of the Basilisk. i mean i giant venomous serpent with the power of petrification sure sounds more frighting then a demantor if you ask me

Check them out here :)
HPL: Bestiary

The "most scariest" creature in potter? hmm, Dementors get the highest danger rating. Would anyone want to see the Grim?
Given my arachnaphobia, I'll go with the Acromantula.