Speculation on the identity of Anubis

Ego

Meep!
WARNING:

This post contains spoilers from all over the spectrum, season 3, season 5, season 6, plus future episodes from season 7. If you don't want to be spoiled by something, don't read!
OK, so I was reading a bunch of stuff about what is supposed to happen at the end of season 6 and the beginning of season 7. For those who haven't read it yet, go read in the season 7 forum about the first few episodes.

Anyways, I've read a few things about how Anubis is a "partially" ascended being. I find this, kind of, well, interesting. Anubis the Goa'uld has been around for a long time. That's been stated before. However, the body in which he resides is unknown. Nobody has said "Oh, yeah, that's the body he's been in since way back 3,000 years ago...", so, it is possible that Anubis has taken on this odd-looking host in recent history.

The Harcesis child, when last seen, made it plainly obvious that he is ascended to some degree. He was in physical form for most of the episode (I think it was called Absolute Power), however, at the end, he turns into the glowy-energy being thing that indicates ascention. So, either the Harcesis child was ascended and did the "temporarily unascend" thing like Orlin did. However, Orlin couldn't touch Carter until he completely unascended. The Harcesis child, however, touched Daniel a couple of times while in physical form. So I suppose he could have unascended, hung out, and then had Oma re-ascend him. However, evidence seems to support that he is, or was at least, a partially ascended being.

Now, we also know that not only Apophis, but ALL the Goa'uld were hunting for this kid. He's important to the Goa'uld in a huge way. Is it really that hard to believe that Anubis might have found a way to capture this kid, and implant himself into the kid?

But then people ask "he was a kid, the Anubis we saw was obviously an adult".. Well, if you recall, they saw the Harcesis child not more than a year after their first encounter with the kid. He grew to the size of a 12 year old boy in that time. Another couple years have passed. Those nanobots could have matured him to adult stages rather quickly. They DID say in Absolute Power that the nanobots "appeared" inactive, but certainly a Goa'uld could re-active them.

So, my bet is, that Anubis and the Harcesis child are one and the same. Sure, when we saw Anubis' "face", it wasn't human. However, it didn't look like a face at all. It was like a reflective surface with some cool visuals. Could have easily been a mask.

Anyways, thoughts? :)

The Goa'uld ascended. Not the host.

Think on this and the path is layed clear.

hm.......

Originally posted by RaTY
The Goa'uld ascended. Not the host.

Think on this and the path is layed clear.

I didn't know they stated that it was only the symbiote that ascended. Interesting... So is that where Anubis has been all this time? Did he learn to ascend a long time ago, which is why he disappeared for thousands of years? He just now in the past year or two unascended (or partially unascended).

I recall reading somewhere though that part of Anubis would be someone we knew from the past. Since Anubis is a known Goa'uld who has been around for thousands of years, I assumed that meant that the host was someone we would recognize.

Oh well, in any case, since Anubis is a "known" Goa'uld, who has been around forever in one state or another, we can rest assured that good ol' Apophis didn't ascend when his ship was crashing. :)

However, it didn't look like a face at all. It was like a reflective surface with some cool visuals. Could have easily been a mask.

Anyways, thoughts? :) [/b]

It's not a mask....it's a protective suit he wears to maintain his body's structural integrity. Since he's semi-ascended, he's in a form of energy, and needs a "vessel" to keep his form, hence the cloak and stuff. It's all revealed in the Season 6 finale episode.

Re: Re: Speculation on the identity of Anubis

Originally posted by leprykawn

It's not a mask....it's a protective suit he wears to maintain his body's structural integrity. Since he's semi-ascended, he's in a form of energy, and needs a "vessel" to keep his form, hence the cloak and stuff. It's all revealed in the Season 6 finale episode.

Neat, so I'll find out all this stuff this Friday. Thanks. :) Any huge spoiler info about Anubis that gets revealed, aside from what's already been said? I'm mostly curious about when he first ascended and such. I'm also curious if they talk about the whole thing with him being ascended in the first place, in other words, why the collective ascended beings didn't eject him after realizing he was one evil dude. Not to mention how they would allow someone to remain partially ascended. Loophole maybe? If one is partially ascended, they are partially unascended, thus the ascended can't interfere? I'm assuming all this stuff is going to be covered in Full Circle..

Is it just me, or is Stargate getting more and more interesting with the story line? I'm loving all this stuff that's happened throughout season 6. I was starting to get tired of the monotony of a lot of the episodes -- "SG-1 gets a distress call from somewhere, or, they find a situation on a planet they visit, they find the situation has something to do with a Goa'uld, they rectify the situation, everyone's happy but the Goa'uld". Seems this season has had a lot of twists on plots and such. Everything's not simply black and white anymore. I love it. :)

They tried to kick an00by out, but they only half did it.
Now he's "a bastardised version"