7.05: Revisions

Arc_Angel

Mr. Flibble is very cross
Revisions

BIG SPOILERS
The team encounters a planet with a society that has lived for centuries within a computer-controlled environment within a bubble. Outside, the rest of the world is a toxic wasteland.

O'Neill, Teal'c, Sam and Daniel meet the inhabitants, who live very simply (think medieval) but are all linked to the computer through little devices on their head. The inhabitants are friendly, and possibly quite willing to do some trading, so Daniel and Sam go off with a young married couple, while Jack and Teal'c stay with a father and his son. Nevin, the son, begins to hero-worship Jack and wants to be just like him.

SG-1 offers them a better life via relocation to another world, but the inhabitants are oddly reluctantly to leave a world (albeit it very small and restrictive) where everything is provided to them by the computer link. Some of the folk are amenable to leaving, but suddenly change their minds. While Daniel discovers shocking evidence in the townfolks' library, the rest of SG-1 realizes that the computer is altering the inhabitants' memories, possibly to the point that the townsfolk could pose a threat to SG-1.

Thanx to SG1_Spoilme and Gateworld for the info

for more info look to www.gateworld.com and http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sg1_spoilme/

:D

Cool. I wonder why the planet is contaminated? The result of a Gou'ald attack/expirement, perhaps?

hmm, this sounds like they slapped The Game Keeper & The Other Side together & tweeked it a bit...:rolleyes:

Yeah - I thought "Entity" was just "Message in a Bottle" re-worked... there are only so many basic plot building blocks..

Another spoiler link ...

Spoilers for this episode can be found at: "Revisions"

My thanks to SG-1 Solutions for the link.

Rowan

Please note episode change!

I've changed the numeric listing on this thread as Sci-Fi is currently showing this as the 5th episode to be shown rather than the 7th, which is now listed as 'Enemy Mine'.

Rowan

Pretty cool episode, the premise is interesting. Very Twighlight Zone-ish. Jack was actually in it too.

I don't like seeing guest-stars return in differant roles though. Sick of this. The guy who played the Hara'Kash back in S2-In the Line of Duty was in this. That's the third time (Collen Rennison as Ally then as Cassy, that guy in Cor'Ai and then also in Demons) I have seen someone return to play a completley differant charecter!

it's more than the third time. Dion Johnstone and alex zaharas have both played about a half dozen different characters each. One of the ambassadors in homecoming was young catherine from 1969, Pyrus the god slayer was also in fallen or homecoming.....and tons more.

I think the directors know actors they like to work with and rehire them. Also Vancouver is a small industry, there are only so many character actors around.

As to the eps... not bad. Nothing thrilling. It was an interesting premise, a tiny hint of logan's run with the people going off to die bit. A bit of the Archons eps from classic trek.
the plot was rather predictible, nothing happened that caught me off guard or surprised me, and i had a couple of the twists pegged before they happened.

It was a good solid eps, a stand alone which we rarely get. Don't get me wrong, i LOVE the arc and continuing story eps...but every once in a while a stand alone can be fun....and you can't continue each and every story line.

So far, fragile balance has been the only eps that's really wow'd me. The rest have been ok. they've been good eps, but nothing that entices me to rewind the tape and watch it during the hour between feeds so i can get 3 viewings in on a fri nite.

As to next week's....it's either going to be one heck of an eps...or one very painful hour to watch. Only time will tell.

Great episode! The thing about the mental link and how the people of the town dissapear and why was really cool. I really enjoy this episode. A very good story.

Krystal :blpaw:

Hi everyone, I think this is my first post... I've voted in the polls but haven't posted unti lnow.

Just wanted to say I enjoyed this episode. It reminded me of Dark City. The only thing I didn't care for was how rushed the ending was, but then again it is an hour show. :p

And, I agree either next week will be one of the best episodes they've done or it will be very painfull to watch. I'm betting on one of the best !

hmmm, well this episode was better than I thought it would be...& I liked Sam's hair...much better than S5 & some of 6.

Only one thing really urked me, I'd have thought Jack would be more patient & less easily rattled by the kid than he was. I mean, he had one of his own, parents tend to mello out with nagging kids. Besides we've seen him interact with several other kids in the past why is this one get his back up imediatley on meeting?

The one thing I hated about this episode - SCIFI SPOILED IT BEFORE IT EVEN FREAKING AIRED! The promo for it gave away the whole plot! What's the point?

GRRRR ARGH!

I had to catch it on the 2300 feed b/c was at the store at 2100 - and the little promo bit I caught had Sam telling the 'twist' in the plot -- about the ppl all being controlled by the 'link' - grrrrrrrrr

so, mostly, I was annoyed during the whole episode --

And really - not all that much happened. I mean, I love that it was rather reminiscent of S1 - SG-1 goes to world, meets ppl, solves problem, goes home - but it was a bit slow

Overall though - not a bad episode -

I watched this weeks episode titled Revisions in which the team finds itself on a planet where a computer controls everything. This episode seemed interesting until the end when they finally pull the plug on the murderous computer. Something bothered me about it. I have seen the same plot before on TOS Star Trek in an episode titled The Return of the Archons in which Landru controlled a society. In the Stargate episode the people rise up against O'Neill and he almost has to kill his attacker. On the Trek episode, Kirk and company use their Phasers to stun the attackers into unconciousness.

Yeah - it does have that 'haven't we done this before' feel - and they didn't even put that great a twist on the idea -

I don't know - something just didn't 'sit' right about this episode - and again - SciFi spoiled the whole thing in the promos - so that was a huge let-down -

maybe they were trying too hard to make it 'too small'? I don't know -- and wasn't that the same set (w/ a slight face-lift) from "Red Sky"??

i was thinking that maybe this would have been a good eps to have sandwiched between orpheus.

in orpheus, teal'c's recovery lasted several weeks, which is one of those reason it seemed so slow to me. and revisions lacked a certain zing. what if:

tealc' gets hurt. while he's recuperating, sg-1 goes to the revisions planet (t was just wall paper there anyway). while they're gone....and this would happen a few weeks after he was hurt, so that he'd be mobile) teal'c would get word about ryac adn bratac. he'd go off to help adn of course get caught.
sg-1 finds out what happened, and while jack goes back to track down sam and daniel, the dome shrinks and they're stuck. They have to find a way out of the dome, not only to save the people, but to get back to help teal'c.
in an effort to do this, daniel gets on the link, even for a few seconds and that's what triggers his memories...maybe in the last few minutes when the villagers are doing their children of the corn act.
they figure out the problem and start to evacuate the villagers, but teal'c is missing...where is he?
In comes danny's super memories, so they have to infiltrate the planet and rescue teal'c, bratac and ryac...two of which are near death because of a lack of tretonin and their treatment.

paced right, it would have added drama to both eps, at least in my opinion.

WHY aren't you one of the scrip writers Skydiver!!! much better version in my opinion!;)

yeah - I think that would have been MUCH better -

but they never ask us these things, do they -- ;)

I only have one word to say about it really........and that word is:

Why????

In the words of the immortal Willow Rosenberg from BTVS, I got halfway through this episode and said:

"Bored now!" before I flayed all the skin off the body and went to make a cup of tea (altogether more fascinating)!

It wasn't badly done........nothing the production do is badly done. But......it.......was..........tedious. Beyond belief even. I kept losing track and then backtracking and then realising that I hadn't actually lost track, they were just repeating scenes over and over again. Slightly different words but the same scenes. When that little lady that Daniel was talking to kept wandering off in a trance, I had a great deal of sympathy for her, she was probably trying to escape the episode altogether and they kept shooing her back on set! I was practically in a 'dumb and dumber' trance watching it!

To be honest, it was like they couldn't decide what to put in and cobbled together all the SCi Fi ideas and plots that had gone before, shaken 'em up in a bag and out came Revisions
.......revisited ad nauseam.

I'm damn sure they could have done better. Let's all write in and demand that Skydiver gets to write some eppys!

:D :D :D :D

Watched the tape, and yeah...I don't think I like this one. Chinsey and boring. Good concept, bad presentation.

And why did the town look like it was furnished at Wal-Mart? The chairs and tables in the square...they sell those at friggin walmart, not very alien at all!!!