RDA at conventions?

Ananas

I've been looking at the various conventions going on this year and haven't seen Richard DA appearing at any of them. Does he ever do conventions?

I wish...

RDA doesn't do conventions {and now that I've made that prouncement, whatch it happen. ;) } He did a MacGyver one, years ago, and evidently had a 'bad experience' and hasn't done one since.

With his spare time pretty much taken up with either his daughter or the various projects he supports {Sea Shepard Foundation}, I'm not sure he could find the time, but I'd love it if he did.

Rowan

Thanks for clearing that up Rowan. I can't believe there's a such thing as a MacGuyver convention lol! Embarrasing fact: I thought Macguyver was a fictional show made up for 'The Simpsons' until reading these boards.

'bad experience'? Aren't you just dying to know what happened? I have never been to a convention, but I have heard stories about them, I can imagine masses of major fans could be quite scary.

I'm aiming to go and scare some celebrities myself at the Wolf:SG6 convention this year, but I can't plan things THAT far ahead, just hope there's some tickets left for when I finally commit myself to going (the day before knowing me, Miss Scatterbrain).

Cons

I won't be making Wolf 6, but I did make the commit [at least as far as tickets] to the one in Paris. Comming on the heels of Gatecon [September], it'll be interesting. :rolleyes:

Row

I've seen a couple of sources that say he will probably appear at one this year, but his agent won't say.

Originally posted by Sergeant Mick
I've seen a couple of sources that say he will probably appear at one this year, but his agent won't say.

Hmmmm, gatecon? It would be great!! You know... last season unique surprise appearance... Dreaming? naaaaaaaaaaaaah

Viqui

*bad experience*?!? Did he ever say what that was? Maybe hundreds of female fans trying 2 rip him 2 shreds perhaps? ;) I'm curious, what was so bad that put him off doing 'em? Maybe he's just not confident in front of huge crowds of adoring fans.

:eek: some one tried to hurt RDA, whats wrong with the world, i think if he came to gatecon we could keep him safe:p:rolly2:

I volunteer for the First Prime to RDA job. I'll look after him *wink*.

(Actually he'd probably need protecting from me, but what are you gonna do?)

Job Assignments

O'kay. You be his First Prime. I'll back you us as Medic. ;)

Rowan

:D Hmmm... I'll be.... mmmm his Spanish and Catalan teacher?
Languages are essencial for a good communication with fans :D

Tryda

I've heard elswhere that MacGyver con thing is a myth? Maybe a case of a story getting distorted in the telling? Can't see one looney fan putting Rick off doing something if he wanted to anyway. Chris Judge says it's because of his daughter... but I suspect it's really a few reasons (maybe including bad experiences...)

Anyway, if he comes... I'll look after his dog. Perfect job for getting talking one-to-one with him. And if it doesn't work, well, dogs are fun.

ill be the court jester, ill keep him happy at the con:p:rolly2: and ill seconed as a bodyguard:rolly2:

Originally posted by Rowan Green
I've heard elswhere that MacGyver con thing is a myth?

Yeah I heard that as well!

I wish he would do a con it would be fun! :cool:

u think if we send him an insane number of letters to come to gatecon he will come?:rolly2:

Gatecon

*IF* we sold an insane number of tickets we might be able to afford 'asking' him. Sad to say, I think he's out of our budget range. :(

Rowan

Always!

Hey, if it weren't for "Hope" and "Try", nothing would ever get done! ;)

Row

A question:

Did Gatecon organizers ask him to attend Gatecon some time in the past? Or the myth of 'RDA's con's fear' is so big that anyone asks him to attend a convention?

Viqui