7.04: Orpheus

it could have been more gradual, not one minute he's lost it the next he has it...

hmm, yeah. Well, what a interesting episode, and Im glad they finally addressed Teal'c's use of tratona[sp?] and how it has changed his psyche, as a result of recieving a staff hit. The Jaffa love their juniors, even outspoken ones like Teal'c.?`'.,`i

Glad to actually see the military using sniper fire for once! After six seasons you would think it would be an great addition to their regular issued offworld weapons, which is the P90?

This could be the last of the convienent Daniel plot devices with the whole ascension thing, which is rather dull to keep bringing back, ala Jolinar/Sam. Hopefully it will be takened care of fully by the season's latter half...Hopefully.;)

Touched on ...

They did touch on several old/new plot ideas and concepts in this one. A nice change from a total rehash.

Rowan

It had a good concept going, and some good parts, but I just don't buy O'Neill's command decision. If they would have had RDA full-time they would have went in and helped Teal'c, not just sit there and lay down sniper fire! It's so OOC for him!

Sadly ...

Sadly, I think we're going to have to get used to the less-plausable interactions between O'Neill and the rest of the universe - at least in single part episodes. With only a 3 & 1/2 day shooting week for him, there just isn't that much they can pack in. I think that's sad and feel there's a lot of slack that could be taken up by the writers and editors on giving the illusion that Jack is there more than he is, but ...

... they aren't paying me to write the scripts, so I guess my opinions on that matter are moot. ;)

Rowan

Well, incidently enough, of all the Jack lite episodes, Orpheus thus far is the only post Homecoming ep that actually uses O'Neill more than a few scenes. They have him spread throughout the ep. But the way in which they used the character, or lack of, in the episode itself, Orpheus, seemed unfullfilling of the O'Neill character.

And yes, Evolutions does not count.;)

I hope the do something where Jack goes into a coma or something for like 5 or 6 episodes in season 8, then they would only have 14 or 15 episodes where Jack is around and they could use RDA MUCH better. I'd rather have him not in half of the episodes at all then have him all of the episodes, but just standing around, only having a few lines and not contributing anything to the episode besides wallpaper effect.

Didn't Michael Shanks leave because his character wasn't being used enough? With RDA on light duties, these last few eps are certainly strong Daniel/Teal'c episodes. If any thing I think Sam Carter is being under-used now.

I can understand the people who think that Daniel's memory is a bad plot device, but the way I look at it, if he knew Bra'tac and Ryac were in trouble it would be something that was on his mind and would eventually rise from his subconcious. As long as it isn't something that is going to regularly happen week after week then it's fine.

I liked this episode, though Baal needs to review the way he guards his Stargates. (Almost a whole day and no one noticed those guards were incapacitated.)

I really liked this one...some great Daniel and Teal'c stuff...something that I have wanted for a while.

Like some I was also glad that we have got to see more of the effects of Teal'c without junior...very intresting...I see that he also wears less eye make-up too! ;)

Loved the line between Danny and Jack where Jack was trying to give Teal'c a pep talk and Daniel what not peppy enough...made me laugh also the whole jello thing! :cool:

As always is great to see Bra'tac...always good to see him.

Overall I really like this one!

:D

OK - now I don't know how this happened, I am sitting watching this ep, Teal'c is being all moody and struggling with his recovery and facing the fact that he is not uber human anymore...........then..........crashed out, next thing I know I am sitting up and watching Kirsty's Home Videos or some other ****. Whaaaaat. Now I know I work hard and have been known to nod off on the sofa in the evenings, but not in front of Stargate !!!!!!

I wondered whether it was a boring ep and that could be why, but by all accounts it was a great one so I've at a loss. Nevermind, there's always the repeat on Saturday so I'll catch up then !

Bad day ...

It's okay Brit Chick, everone has a 'Bad Day' [tm]. ;)

Rowan

I passed out during Paradise Lost and Metamorphasis last year, but that's becuase I was in the hospital and the drugs/sleeping a lot to heal were affecting me. I was going to sleep at around 6 or 7 PM, so struggling to stay awake as to not miss an episode even though I was effectivly paralized was QUITE difficult.

I'm glad it was the drugs. Thsoe were my 2 favourite eps from S6:rolleyes:

I liked this ep (well I generally like most eps :rolleyes:)
That Dan/T interaction was a plus, could always use more and I want more Sam/T interaction!!!!
I love ryac and bre'tac so glad to see them back :Dand kicking of bad guys arse was very nice round up of the ep (loved the falling ship which go BOOM hee hee heeeee)

Tealc: "Colonel O'Neill has officially informed me that...I have my..."Mojo" back."

ha ha LOL

:nuts: :lol:

I really liked this episode. I loved the Daniel and Teal'c bonding time because I always felt there was something missing in their relationship before Danny's ascension but now their all cosy and it's lovely!
I agree with what many people have said about missing out on RDA time. In my opinion he makes the show as great as it is and cutting down on his screen time is going to make it hard but there we go.
Often the kids in TV shows are just annoying but Ry'ac's a gem and he doesn't get on my nerves in the slightest. And of course, alwasy lovely to see Bra'tak.