7.04: Orpheus

Arc_Angel

Mr. Flibble is very cross
Orpheus

BIG SPOILERS

From Gateworld

Rya'c and Bra'tac return in this episode, which sees them imprisoned in a penal colony. SG-1 is there for the rescue, along with Rak'nor.

Bra'tac falls ill, and without tretonin, he will die. Teal'c sacrifices himself for Rya'c to go free, but SG-1 has other plans. O'Neill lines the Jaffa commander in his rifle sights. Carter commandeers the Goa'uld mothership which seems to be hovering near a mountain nearby. She attempts to take out the ship's gravity generators, and the ship slams into the mountain, making a deafening noise.

and from SG1_Spoilme

A Jaffa-centric episode, and it's not a good day for the ones who like the
Tauri.

Teal'c's son Ry'ac, and Bratac, are prisoners at a Jaffa death camp. SG-1,
however, will not let their friends meet a lethal end and are determined to
rescue them. Along the way, Teal'c becomes a prisoner (whether by mistake or
in order to save his son, it's not clear) and his fate looks very precarious
(since he's a Sholva).

Thanx to Gateworld and SG1_Spoilme for the info

Look to www.gateworld.net and http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sg1_spoilme/ for more info

:D

MORE SPOILERS

Rya'c and Bra'tac have been taken prisoner, and SG-1 and Rak'nor go in to rescue them from the death camp. The prisoners seem to be working on building a pyramid ship. Teal'c and Rak'nor are captured as they attempt the rescue. O'Neill, Carter and Daniel go to plan two.

Thanx to gateworld for the info
For more info go to www.gateworld.net

yawn...sorry jJaffa based stories bore me somewhat. The only thing I look forward to is T-Man's bicepts...:rolleyes: yes I'm shallow...

MORE SPOILERS
From Gateworld
"Teal'c recovers from a wound sustained in his pouch, which should have killed him if he had a Goa'uld inside. The tretonin is healing him, but his behavior is strange; he feels he's failed as a Jaffa.

"Daniel deals with his still lacking memory of what happened while ascended. Daniel has a vision while in kel'no'rim with Teal'c. It's Daniel who sees Rya'c and Bra'tac in a slave labor camp. Daniel begins to feel guilty that he did not do anything to help while ascended. Through subsequent visions, Daniel is able to give SG-1 the lay of the land.

"There's a funny scene with Carter filling Daniel in on the sci-fi movies he's missed while ascended. Without mentioning it, she rips apart the plot holes in 'Signs.' If their weakness was water, why bother invading a planet that is two-thirds water, not to mention the rain?

"They've done some nice upgrades to the Goa'uld ship corridors. For 'Homecoming' and 'Fallen' the standard gold corridors have been made a blackish metallic highlighted with blueish lighting for Anubis' ship. They're a metallic brown for this episode."

Thanx to Gateworld for the info
For more info look to www.gateworld.net

Spoilers for this episode can be found at: "Orpheus".

My Thanks to SG-1 Solutions for the link.

Rowan

SOME SMALL SPOILERS
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
I for one like both Ry'ac and Bra'tac, and Teal'cs Jaffa Pride thing/relationship with his son. SO this looks like a great episode. I liked Rya'c and his part in Redemption, and it looks like he'll be good in this as well. Also, from the teaser and The Lowdown, it seems like Teal'c is struggling with his pride. Also, should be some good action. Should be a good one. Seaon 7 thus far is good in my book.

SPOILERS
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Pretty good episode. I didn't like how O'Neill just sat there the whole time though. I like how Teal'C had his little charecter growth and Daniel finding his place. Also glad Bra'Tac and Ry'ac are still alive. Also, it could have made a good 2-part episode becuase they tried to squeeze too much into 42 minutes. Next week's ep looks like one of the mediocre ones.

it definitely had its moments. And I like the attempt at dealing with teal'c's changed condition. He's human now, and after nearly a century of being super human, he's got to deal with that.

It was something that i hoped the show would deal with way back in changeling when teal'c losing junior was so blithly dealt with.

I was ready to slap teal'c for being such a weinie once or twice, but it does make sense in a way. at his heart, he's a very arrogant man. He's a dang good warrior and he knows it, and the realization that he's not quite as invulnerable as he thought he was has to be so hard to deal with.

I know it was a convenient plot device, but i hope daniel's super memories don't become a convenient crutch. They're a lot like having a sarcophagus in the infirmary. Why work to solve a problem when danny just has to kelnoreem and he'll have all the answers up to and including the answer to final jeopardy.

We got some nice raknor scenes, some jack/teal'c bonding, tons of danny/teal'c interactions....and practically nothing of sam, which was a bit disappointing after that lovely scene in paradise lost.
then again, going way back to bloodlines, when the boys bond, sam pretty much gets left out in the cold, so maybe i shouldnt' have been surprised to see her relatively ignored, at least on the interpersonal relationship front.

noticibly jack lite in some parts, and relatively sam lite too, it's a great eps for teal'c fans (lovely eye candy) and a great eps for the daniel fans as well, since this is pretty much a teal'c/daniel episode.

Another great episode, I really like the way Daniel was trying to remember and his interaction with Teal'c specially their moments together in meditation. The story was great.

Krystal :p

Hey - wasn't "Orpheus" the name of an Angel ep for this most recent season? Yep - sure was -- not that the two eps are remotely related - just struck me odd ---

anyway -- eh - was kinda bored w/ this ep - not that there wasn't good stuff happening --- was just VERY tired - and they seem to never quite be able to really 'get' a Teal'c storyline right - the one I really liked was the one Chris Judge did -- the others - they always seem so boring to me ----- *shrug*

This episode was pretty good. I think my favorite scenes where between Jack and Teal'C. The jello bit was great! It's eps. like these, though, that remind us that both of them are still military in most ways. Just because they have a close relationship doesn't mean they're above giving orders or holding the line when they have too. I think Jack keeping his position when Teal'C was taken was a much better move than having him rush in.

It's great to see Bra'Tac again! For a minute there I was worried they might kill him off. I'm glad they didn't because he brings a lot to the show. He and Teal'C are good together.

I thought the idea of Daniel remembering some events from his ascention was a good idea. Of course, I hope they don't do that in every episode. But it's better than just ignoring the fact that he was missing for over a year.

I thought this episode had too much packed in it... could ahve been a two parter... But thought it was great

i really liked this episode, although i did have a problem with how easy Carter and Daniel made it seem when they took down the Ha'tak, was way to easy, and u would think that Goauld would learn some about stopping them from infiltrating ships:(:rolly2:

The planet was "inpenetrable" and the slaves were under tight lock and key. The Goa'uld are arrogant as hell, and they didn't see it coming when Dan and Sam infiltrated the ship.

didn't Jack keep saying it was an unthinkable plan risky as heck that would never work? Perhaps the G. thought that too so didn't think anyone would ever think of even attempting it?

yeah but with the number of times that Sg-1 has showed up somewhere and blown up ships or other things, u would think the G. would start putting out more jaffa to guard there ships and basses, its the logical response:rolly2:

G's are arogant remember. Most of their downfalls are caused by it!;)

yes i know, thats why so many have been killed off, but i still think that they would learn some at least for the ones that are left, i mean it only makes sense:rolly2:

Anyhoo, I usually am bored stiff with Jaffa based stories but I quite liked this one. Am urked that Danny got his memory back so easily though...poor forgotten Jonas...