4.11: Soulless

Highlander II

There can be only one!!
This 'synopsis' - pretty much tells you everything about the episode, so, if you haven't seen it yet and don't want to know *everything* - don't read it --

tv tome.com-->

With Angel's soul locked away in a safe, the gang begin interrogation. Angelus has the gang arguing after he reveals the truth behind their recent actions.
Cordelia makes a deal with Angelus, providing he can give the gang the information they need. He agrees and tells them that in 1789, The Beast needed his help while trying to kill a group of Nordic Svea Priestesses. Angelus declined to help and the Svears successfully banished The Beast fom Earth. Angelus reveals the Svears' current location, but when the gang find them, they are dead.

The gang decide that they have enough information from Angelus and prepare to restore his soul, but there is just one problem.... the safe is empty.

:eek: Wes kissed Fred!! OMG!

So, does Fred like Wes? And Gunn - jealous much?

Angelus is an evil, nasty dude -- (it's why I like him so much) - and he acclimates well to his surroundings, you notice that? Back in S2 - he hadn't been 'around' for quite some time - but as soon as that soul was gone, he knew what he wanted to do and went for it - I mean, I know he had all the same knowledge of Sunnydale that Angel had - but, you might think it would be disorienting at first - obviously not --

What is Connor up to? He still bugs me - and he called Angelus his 'real father'? Oooooooooookay kid - whatever -

Oh - raise your hands - how many knew that the safe would be empty when they went back to get Angel's soul? <raises hand>

Obvious plot device much?

Another show of hands - how many think Angelus isn't telling all he knows?? Come on - you know he is - just the wicked looks on his face - he knows something he's not tellin' -- just not sure what yet -

Oh - and obviously, the gang's gone stupid again - Why did Fred walk up to the cage with the cart and WAIT for Angelus to take the cup? Why didn't she push the cart up to the cage and *back away* until he had gotten the cup?? And Gunn dropped the crossbow? Ummmmmmmm - hello - high-flying wooden stake - only thing keeping you ahead of the game here, pal - don't drop your weapon -- good thing Wes was there w/ tranq darts!

Not a bad episode - but not what I was expecting - I was kinda expecting more ---

Yeah, I was expecting more too.

Kiss was interesting I must admit. Not sure where I want that one to go though.

Angelus was his ususal fun self. I'm so glad he's back for a while. I missed him. He's always a lot of fun to watch when he's playing his mind games with people and this time was no exception. the part when he was talking to Connor and said something about his life shoudl have been a play with that fakey tear thing. *LOL* I was rolling on the floor at that.

Episode needed something more but Angelus was up to form so I'd watch it again just for that.

Yeah - I'm still up in the air on the Wes/Fred kiss - was kind of a 'Go Wes!' - 'Oh wait, you're gonna get your butt kicked' kind of moment -

Still not liking Connor (and I've watched this ep twice, still don't get him) --

The bad 'hiding' of the fact that CC is pregnant -- ugh - please - write it into the show already -

Still not sure why Cordy offered herself to Angelus - unless she was doing it, knowing she wouldn't have to go through with it b/c they'd just put his soul back - but if she did think that - then she's stupid - b/c she should know by now that things never work out as planned - come on -----------

Not to mention the fact that Angelus has a looooong memory. Even if they were by some miracle to have gotten Angel's soul back without a hitch (yeah right), Angelus ever got free again and Cordy would still be hurting for it.

Originally posted by Diamond9697
Not to mention the fact that Angelus has a looooong memory. Even if they were by some miracle to have gotten Angel's soul back without a hitch (yeah right), Angelus ever got free again and Cordy would still be hurting for it.

Oh - he so does - and hmmmmm - wonder what would happen if Angelus found out that Spike has a soul? <I feel a plot bunny about to smack someone here - and it ain't gonna be me!>

get Angel's soul back w/o a hitch? Is that even possible? Is that even allowed? -- well, if they did get it back w/o a hitch, and *put* it back w/o a hitch - there'd be SOMETHING to smack 'em all upside the head afterward - like Angel remembers something even worse that one of the AI ppl did and can't deal with it - or who knows - I mean, remember what happened the *last* time he got his soul back? not sure he liked that much --

yeah i like how everyone seemed to think it would be so easy, like a plug or something. i mean, you had to know something was going to go wrong. come on.

oh how I love Angelus ! he is there with the quips and the comebacks and most of them are almost 'asides'

'Wouldn't hate a chair' - LOVED that line, just out of nowhere!

Tell me something, when Cordy went to Angelus to talk to him and to offer herself why did she switch off the video cam ? was it because she just didn't want them to know what she did, or is there more to it than that - She's been acting real weird lately !

Our man Wes is turning into a right little stud muffin isn't he - gotta love a man that grabs a kiss like that, and she didn't look like she hated it did she?

Connor is still a whining little boy - can't they just get rid - I spose he is essential to the plot somewhere ?!?

erm - haven't watched this ep in a few weeks ---

however - love the 'wouldn't hate a chair' line too! ;)

Wes rocks! oh he so rocks! I love Wes -- didn't like him much on BtVS when I first saw him, but going back and watching him now - he's actually BETTER than the 1st time through - b/c you know what he CAN be if given half a chance -- and you can see how great Alexis is! anyway -- back to Angel --

I still wanna know what's gonna come of that kiss - btwn Wes and Fred - Wes is bold, but what's gonna happen now??

Angelus had some great lines in this one -

to Conor 'boned your mother, tried to kill your father..mmm...there should be a play"

to Cordy (about her and Conor) 'such a charming picture, well more of a snapshot really, cos Conor..well...'

to Fred and Gunn 'Here's Othello and Desdemona - oh wait, Desdemona didn't love Othello, did she...'

Get that man a saucer of milk. Here's hoping that soul stays away for a few more episodes.

And Wes and Fred - ooh! - looking forward to seeing what happens there. Lets put it this way, I think I'm going to be rooting for Wes. :D

Originally posted by Highlander II
Yeah - I'm still up in the air on the Wes/Fred kiss - was kind of a 'Go Wes!' - 'Oh wait, you're gonna get your butt kicked' kind of moment -

Totally! But it's cool how Wes didn't get his butt kicked as bad as I thought he would - afterall he went up against Gunn! I think Angelus was wrong (well obviously) when he said Wes had just changed the outfit. He's absolutely great now - he's come miles! The kiss was so totally unexpected - i never thought wes would!!! Loved it though.

Well it sure seems OB-Wan was correct about the soul in the bottle becoming the McGuffin that they chase around for the next few episodes....

But it was really good to see Angelus back again - he must be the only leading character in a show where the fans enjoy the evil version better than the good :D

He has a knack for seeing into people and situations very easily, perhaps he explots hi ssuper-vamp hearing more than Angel does, although we did get the rather too graphic mental image of Angel listening to Gunn and Fred :eek:

So Wes and Fred, hands up if you've not been waiting for that to happen... but still interesting to see how it develops on..

Interesting to se the increase in vamps around town now it's perpetual night-time, word will spread fast in the underground.. When it was raining fire, they showed a TV news report of some scientist expaining it - I'd love to see something similar explaining the darkness - solar eclipse etc?

So, a fun eppy, can't wait for the next one, I have it on tape to watch tonight :D

Originally posted by markpud
But it was really good to see Angelus back again - he must be the only leading character in a show where the fans enjoy the evil version better than the good :D

Okay -you're just doing this on purpose now - :D

does the name "Spike" mean anything to you? Lots of people like the 'evil' version of Spike better than the 'good' (and yeah - there's an arguement for him being 'good' - just don't ask me to make it) ---

i like the good angel and all, it's just you can only take so much of his depressing doom and gloom for so long you know?

Originally posted by Highlander II

Okay -you're just doing this on purpose now - :D

does the name "Spike" mean anything to you? Lots of people like the 'evil' version of Spike better than the 'good' (and yeah - there's an arguement for him being 'good' - just don't ask me to make it) ---

I dunno, the new, soulful Spike has a lot going for him...

Little late to the discussion as always but it was so good to have Angelus back. Refreshing you know? I mean, the whole evil thing's obviously not good but for a few episodes its nice to have him around.

Who says the evil thing isn't good? Angelus is so much more fun than Angel! :D

Not that I don't love Angel, but the brooding can get pretty boring sometimes. :p

I just love the stuff he comes out with when he's baiting the others.

“Oh, god… Angel. Oh, Angel… we can’t. I love you but you were so bad. You ate babies.†Chicks…

With your track record, I’ll be staking myself by the end of the day.

Doesn’t it freak you out that she used to change your diapers? I mean, when you think about it, the first woman you boned is the closest thing you’ve ever had to a mother. Doing your mom and trying to kill your dad… hmm, there should be a play.

:laugh2:

Back