Odyssey 5 on Sky One

Ananas

Hi everyone!

Did anyone see last nights episode (6th feb) on sky one in UK? At the end there was some announcement that I didn't quite catch about it not being on for two weeks then going to Sky mix.

I heard the not being on for two weeks part and was distracted by exploding nachos (don't ask!) and missed the last part. Did anyone catch what was actually said? Please put me out of my misery!

*hugs*

Zoe

I wondered at that too, in fact, I wondered enough to rewind my videotape and watch it again.

I think that either
A)It will continue on Sky One as normal for the final two episodes, and it is only the Sky One Mix repeats that are effected.
or,
B) There will be no further episodes on Sky One, the show will take a break next week, and when it returns it will be to Sky One Mix only.

Now, that totally SUCKS for me because I have digital cable and therefore don't get Mix. :dead:
I might email Sky to get clarification. Or look it up on a listings site, if I can find one.

I think that it it is moving to Sky One Mix on thursdays now and will be on at 10. it isn't on next week though. i'm think that's what they said at the end of last nights ep.

Yeah, it really wasn't very clear - the thing is, it was already on on Sky One Mix on Thursdays, so they announcement might have only affected the Sky One Mix airings, and not the regular Sky One Wed at 9 airings. :confused:

This is confusing! it definately isn't on next weds as they're showing Battlestar Galatica...............I looked forward to see what was happening next week and was very disappointed when i didn't see it :(

I'd be very ticked off if they stopped airing Odyssey 5 when there are only TWO episodes left :mad:

two episodes??? i thought there was more than that, i'll have to go and have a cry now :crying:

Yeah, I know :(
Hopefully it will get renewed and there will be a whole new series on another network. But for now, I would be even more annoyed if Sky robbed us viewers of the opportunity to see what could very well be the final episodes ever!

I didn't listen properly to that, please get some confirmation on this. I too have cable, but only analogue. I've been deciding whether to choose a satellite dish, digital cable or a digital broadcast decoder for over a year. Meanwhile my choice of channels has steadily been eroded, while the price has crept up. For me this will be the final straw.

They definalty said moving to Sky One Mix at 10pm in 2 weeks but I didnt catch the on thursdays bit.

I will have to keep an eye on the listings.

I thought sky one mix was free with Sky one. I have Sky digital so will check the future listings.

Sky mix isnt bad loads of Stargate and Star Trek.

Ranger

Sky One publicity says "Established favourites Buffy The Vampire Slayer and Angel are back with brand new series and Stargate SG-1, Mutant X, Odyssey 5 and Malcolm In The Middle all continue their current runs after Christmas."

I'm hoping that the announcer had no idea what she was saying, and that it will also be back on Sky One after they show 'Battlestar Galactica' (for some strange reason known only to them) next week.

I made use of www.radiotimes.co.uk and came up with the following:

Wed 12 Feb - 8pm SG1, 9pm Battlestar Galactica
Wed 19 Feb - 8pm SG1, 9pm SG1 (the final two eps of Season Seven?)
Thur 20 Feb - 1.50am Odyssey 5
"Episode: Rage
Review
Sci-fi drama series about a team of astronauts and a reporter sent five years back in time to save the Earth. A series of murders draws the team to a small town where Sentients are poisoning the water supply."

So there you go, we've been relegated :(

1:50 am, ouch! Well at least we will see the final episodes, it's definitely worth being tired and grouchy on Thursdays for. I better warn people to steer clear of me on Thursday mornings, I am quite scary without my usual 10 hours sleep!

Thanks for putting my mind at ease Tabitha!

Zoe
XXX

No problem Zoe - but don't forget you could always record it and watch it at a saner hour!

That would make sense, except if I did that, I'd miss half of it due to someone coming home late and tuning Sky to "Granada Men and Motors" *sigh* :eek4: .

Zoe
XXX

Originally posted by Tabitha
So there you go, we've been relegated
Originally posted by misszoecat
1:50 am, ouch!
Why is it that TV schedulers think all SciFi lovers are insomniacs?

But at least we will get to see it, thanks for laying my fear to rest. Somehow, I don't think we will get a satisfactory conclusion to the story.

Originally posted by misszoecat
That would make sense, except if I did that, I'd miss half of it due to someone coming home late and tuning Sky to "Granada Men and Motors" *sigh* :eek4: .
:rolleyes: Some people just shouldn't be allowed near a television ;) :lol:

Originally posted by Dave
Why is it that TV schedulers think all SciFi lovers are insomniacs?
Was thinking about this one yesterday, and I basically came to the conclusion that it is a knock-on from the Columbia accident last week. I know this isn't a perfect argument, as they showed last wednesday's ep as normal. But perhaps there were complaints following the last airing?

I plan on emailing them to complain and ask for an explanation.

And just who the hell is going to watch BattleStar Galactica during prime time TV?

Crazy absolutely crazy. May as well watch Men and motors LOL

Ranger

Odyssey is on Thurs at 10 on Sky Mix. still fairly late but better than 1.50!